Govindam

330/1 Moo 10, Pattaya Klang Road, Nong Prue, Banglamung, Pattaya, Thailand, 20150

Vegetarian restaurant serving South and North Indian food. Vegan items are not marked, so ask. Offers 2 menus (in English): a full menu and a pictured one. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:30pm.

Categories: Ovo, Pizza, Indian, Buffet, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Indo-Chinese

First Review by p21grau

restaurant 100% vegetarian, vegan on request - Edit

The restaurant is 100% vegetarian. They serve vegan food after discussion with the very friendly staff.
Good taste and spice as ordered.

Pros: vegetarian food, vegan on request, good taste, friendly staff

Govindam - Edit

Food is fine but owners are biased towards Indian.. Spoiling the name of Govind. They serve thalis to all except Indians and serve with happy go lucky and smiling face to all except Indians. Its just hunger which got me here otherwise I will never visit here again and advise you to do the same.

Pros: Fine Food

Cons: Small Space

Came here because of the label 'vegetarian' - Edit

Haha we're the two girls from Finland mentioned in the previous review. Actually we thought the owner was bit too pushy and made us order what he liked.
We came here because of the fully vegetarian label too and the owner understood well what vegan means which was nice. The food was average to be honest, but good thing was that they made it low in oil because we asked. Prices were okay considering the place is in the middle of Pattaya. Even though the location in this map is not correct.
We've eaten in so many indian restaurants here in Thailand so maybe our standard is too high. I recommend this place if you want to support vegetarian places rather than those many others in Pattaya.

Pros: Tasty food, Okay prices

Cons: Staff could be more friendly

Good food, ok roti but bad owner/manager - Edit

After travelling for a while I was craving for some good home cooking. I turn to Govindam due to their reviews and 100% pure vegetarian food. I was really looking forward to good food and hospitality.

There were two girls from Finland who came after me who were treated by loyalty. The owner attended to them several times checking if everything was ok, and never blinked an eye or smile at me. I spent more money then them combined. I was very disappointed with his hospitality and the roti. Traditional roti are supposed to be paper thin and light. This was half way between a proper roti and naan bread.

I am leaving a feedback on happy cow as he was keen on getting the girls to leave a review. I hope he learns a lesson from my review.

Cons: 210 for a thali. Not cheap by Thai standards.

Decent place to eat - Edit

Govindam Vegetarian Indian Restaurant

I am a lover of Thali (a Thali is a combination plate of Indian food) because I often eat alone and want to have a variety of flavors. To order separate dishes would mean I could only have one or two before I am full. So Thali's or buffets are the way to go for me.

(2 to 4 mains in Thali's)(Average taste)

330/1 Moo 10 Pattaya Klang Road (Pattaya Central Road) just east of #2 road on the south side – Nong Prue, Banglamung, Pattaya, Chonburi, 20150

946-488-065 or 978-341-8000

govindam.thailand@gmail.com

1st Thali 180B Daal, mixed veggie, rice, 2 roti, raita, salad, papad, Achar

2nd Thali 210B (Average taste) Daal, mixed veggie, Paneer, rice, 2 roti, raita, salad, papad, Achar

3rd Thali 250b Soup, Daal, mixed veggie, paneer, rice, 2 roti, raita, salad, papad, Achar, ice cream

water 20b, Lassi 60, shakes 90, Veggie cheese burger 130, Grilled cheese 100b, Pizza 150-190b, Samosa 20b, Veggie cutlet 80b, roti 20b, Mains 100 to 280

11am to 1am

Pros: open late, easy to find

Good vegetarian Indian restaurant - Edit

I've been in this place several times and will keep going there in future. Staff there is friendly and helpful, food is tasty, price is affordable, vegan options available.

First time I was at Govindam with my friend, we were offered two menus (pictured one and full one), there were no special signs/marks for vegan food. Waiter didn't understand (or maybe didn't hear clearly) when we asked about vegan options in menu, but he understood us well when we said "no ghee", "no milk", "no paneer".

Most of the times I ordered dosa (115 baht) and some soft drink (30 baht) and that was enough for one quick meal for me. Usually dosa is served with coconut and coriander chutney and daal. Actually I'd prefer another daal, but that was also fine (but too flavored and spicy).

Also I tried daal tadka (150 baht), veg pulao (130 baht), some curries (150 baht), green salad (50 baht). All was good, portions were pretty big. One minus: daal tadka was not as I used to eating, not from yellow/red lentils, may be from mung beans or peas.

All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 12, 2015

Pros: wide menu, tasty food, good location

Cons: daal could be better

Sunnyarora 14 Oct 2015 - Hello Tamara

Thank you for sending your valuable feedback for Govindam Restaurant threw happy cow!

We truly appreciate it when customers take time out of their busy days to provide us with some open and honest feedback about our products and services.

Next time we will consider while making menu card for signs / marks for vegan food And we will try to improve more quality for Daal Tadka.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel.

Best regards,
Sunny Arora
Govindam
Indian Restaurant Pattaya

Good portions, low quality - Edit

The big offer of milk and cheese products are not really likely for vegans. They don´t really understand what vegan is. The smell for garlic and onions was too strong for me. I left the place without ordering.
Not recommendable if you aren´t a fan of indian food.

Pros: Clean

Cons: Strong onion and garlic smell, No real vegan dishes, Expensive fried rice

My favorite Indian restaurant in Pattaya - Edit

Being located right in the center (Klang and 2nd intersection), it's very easy to reach from everywhere. It doesn't look too luxurious (although it is nice and clean) but food is good, portions are generous, staff is friendly, and prices are a little bit cheaper than everywhere around (plus there are discounts for regulars :) ).

My wife and I go there every time we're in the neighborhood, and usually order rice, some curry (different every time), daal, sometimes salad, and always some flatbreads. Or sometimes just masala dosa if we're not too hungry because curry and daal and rice could be a little bit too much for two (especially with breads and salad). So better bring some company with you. Delivery is also a good option as you can easily save some leftovers for later (and it's free).

It caused some confusion at first but now everyone seems to understand what "vegan" is and it's not a problem to get some butter/cheese-free version of something if it's possible. (Unfortunately, just like almost everywhere else, they offer neither vegan thali sets nor soy stuff, like chai with soymilk or tofu-mushroom pulao, but, still, good enough.) As another reviewer mentioned, some kind of vegan labeling in the menu won't hurt.

If you're looking for an Indian restaurant in Central Pattaya, look no more. This is the place to go. (Really, I tried them all, and no one else offers anything better while everything else around costs more. Well, also no one else is closer to my place :) )

Pros: friendly staff, good value, excellent food

Cons: nothing important

Return to Pattaya Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govindam closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.