Govinda Vegetarian Restaurant

97 Marks St, Suva, Fiji

Serves Indian vegetarian. food. Cheese is used in a couple of dishes and dairy in most desserts. No egg. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by Vegan Smythe

Very good - Edit

I come to this place very often, it's one of my favourites for lunch in Suva. Many different options, the offer changes daily. Cheap and good.

Pros: Good food, Good variety, Cheap

Cons: Sometimes a bit crowded

vegan haven in Suva - Edit

The best of both worlds - Indian and Vegetarian! Almost all of their food is vegan which was great. We both had the Combination Thali which had six curries plus naan, rice, a samosa, a couple of other little fried things and a glass of Tang Orange drink. Absolutely delicious and we couldn't have possibly eaten another thing! The cost was $15 Fijian Dollars for the whole Thali which is around $10 Australian or US dollars.

I had the greatest experience there when explaining to the lady that we are vegan and don't eat any dairy or egg products. She was very shocked and said "we don't use eggs - we're vegetarian!" They do however use ghee, milk and cheese in a few of their dishes which they could easily identify. I think most of the desserts are dairy based, but we were too full to even think about dessert!

Pros: great food (if you like Indian), cheap, pleasant environment

Cons: none

Return to Suva Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govinda Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.