Govinda Restaurant

09-5278146

11 Pleasant View Rd, Panmure (at Bhakti Centre), Auckland, New Zealand

Part of the Hare Krishna restaurant chain. Offers vegetarian Eastern and Western meals and a variety of sweets and snacks. All meals are prepared without garlic or onion. Has a 500-seat reception hall next to it which is available for functions. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Catering

First Review by helc

Great find - Edit

Can't believe this escaped my attention for so long. Really good restaurant on the side of Govinda temple near Mt Wellington.Fantastic value for good Indian plates. We had the aloo paratha which was authentic and absolutely delicious. Also had the day's special thali which was great value at $10. Will be returning!

Pros: Authentic, Great value

Cons: A long way from city centre

Love this place! - Edit

I've been here several times, and the food still continues to satisfy me very well. Highlights about this place: no garlic no onion, as with the Hare Krishna practise. Suits me well, because I'm Buddhist and I have a similar diet. The prices are VERY good (a decent meal for less than $10), with ranges from a $7 set meal (not including drinks, but water is free) to more expensive delicacies more than $10 each. I always get the sets, because they come with different curries and it's easier since I don't know much about the Indian cuisine. Nonetheless, the food tastes amazing. And the service is exceptional; very friendly and helpful. I recall on my first visit, the lady gave us different options and gave us much-appreciated advice on what to order.
I definitely recommend this place!

Pros: friendly staff, no garlic, no onion, good food, good value

Cons: might be hard to find

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govinda Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.