First Review by Chrige D

Not that vegan-friendly - Edit

My husband and I have eaten here 3 times and every time there was not a vegan option for entrees. All the dishes usually contain paneer, the indian cheese. When I first went vegan, I decided to just take the paneer out so I would avoid conflict. But now, I wouldn't do that. If one out of two entrees cannot even be vegan, than what's the point to go here if you are vegan? We stopped going because for the price, it's not worth it. The salad is vegan, but it's also over-priced. So if you want to fill up, you would spend a fortune on the individual salads. They have delicious food too, it's a shame it's not vegan.

Pros: good food, friendly staff

Cons: rarely has vegan entrees, over-priced

forget the place if... - Edit

you are vegan and you wish a friendly staff... we went there few times hoping for the best but was always a failure. There are plenty of veg-friendly restaurants in locarno. Try them before you end up at govinda. In 2012 I find ridiculous not to offer vegan food at all..
Sad, because the location is very nice.... lost occasion

Pros: location

Cons: service, no vegan food

colorful india and espresso cups - Edit

Govinda is a wonderful veggie find in the narrow scenic streets of old town locarno. beautiful colors and tastes of india mixed with perfect swiss italian style AND "alternativa espresso"! In the mild winter months of Ticino, they have a cozy fireplace to warm you up along with your chai. Excellent food, quiet location, friendly efficient staff. I went in the morning so I had an apple samosa with orzo espresso and a yogi tea. Divine smell of indian flavours wafted out of the kitchen for the buffet. i vow to come back and eat a "real" meal! Lovely choice of decor and dishes!

Pros: Old town location, Excellent food, Nice atmosphere

Cons: No plant based milk, More for veg than vegan

Return to Locarno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Govinda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1740 times since Jan 2011.