GoVegan Deli

Contact 07-54730920

6 Thomas St, Noosaville, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, 4566

Clean-eating concept vegan eatery offering a variety of raw vegan salads and cakes served in compostable wooden bento boxes. Sit in the garden atrium take to picnic by the Noosa River. Est. 2015. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-4:00pm. Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by ClionaSmith

limited options - Edit

Portion was a bit small for its price, and not much option on the menu. We ordered a mushroom stack and a large salad. The masala salad tasted really nice, however the spiralised salad is a bit blend.

Pros: all vegan menu, very clean looking kitchen

Cons: pricey, so so food

Delicious organic vegan and gluten free - Edit

Every time we go to Noosa now we come here for a feed. Delicious teas and cakes. A great range of raw salads and burgers, all gluten free. There is a great seating area with lots of interesting books to read with views of the Noosa river. The staff are lovely.

Pros: Organic, Vegan, Gluten free

Fanastic food location and service - Edit

If you are thinking about changing your diet check out Scott's meals and books. Great value for money, been having lunch there everyday this week - enjoy.....

Pros: innovative presentations

amazing rawness - Edit

Came in after a long haul flight to this Devine food and amazing friendly service!
Everything I tried was delicious and fresh and after eating it I felt great!
This place is a must visit and if I lived here would be hard to stay away from

Way too overpriced - Edit

I was very excited to go here, one of the first vegan cafes in all of Noosa, however I was highly disappointed. I ordered a small bento box, which from memory was estimated to work out to $9-$12. Wanting to try everything but not exactly sure what was best, the nice lady behind the counter suggested that she fill the box up with a little bit of everything. Of course, I said yes. She got to the weigh station at the end of the counter, and then asked for $19.80 for the smallest box! Keeping in mind that this box is already tiny, and it was far from over-full. Reluctantly I handed over my money and sat down with my box. The food was average at best, most selections were even erring on the side of bland. I am used to the Melbourne vegan/raw food scene, and this didn't even hold a candle to the standard down there. After eating my $20 meal of what was literally cut up vegetables (I honestly don't understand how they can justify charging such outrageous amounts for one of the cheapest food sources available to us), I left unsatisfied and still hungry. If you've got money to throw around like there's no tomorrow, then sure, try it out. I however will never be going back there. On the plus side the staff were lovely and the presentation was nice.

Pros: Lovely staff, Nice presentation, Fresh food

Cons: Ridiculously over-priced, Most dishes are bland, And average at best

ClareDarwish 29 Dec 2015 - Hi Noosavegan,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience on your first visit to our new vegan Deli in Noosaville.

The responses we're receiving are extremely positive and we have attracted a regular clientele already.

All food served on the premises is organic and we only use the best quality available here on the Sunshine Coast. Everything is prepared fresh each day on the premises and a great deal of effort goes into preparing clean, vegan food that tastes great.

To describe our food as 'cut up vegetables' that tasted bland is very surprising and judging by the other comments we're receiving, there was clearly a problem which will be addressed. We take all feedback seriously and will be discussing your experience with our chefs.

Just to clarify our ethos here at GoVegan Deli however, we use locally sourced organic fruit and vegetables. Dried goods are sourced from organic wholesalers, our tea and coffee offerings are also 'organic' and these items do carry a higher price that normal. We suspect Organic food will remain high until the majority of people start demanding cleaner food globally.

Our packaging is all eco-friendly, compostable or recyclable and food scraps and kitchen waste is composted.

Each dollar that is spent in our shop helps to support organic farmers and eco-friendly wholesalers and producers. The wooden boxes we serve our food in is made from willow and breaks down in 12 weeks.

In the early days of any business there are always adjustments to be made. This concept is completely new and we have adjusted our pricing since first opening and will continue to monitor this closely so that our customers can have a positive experience every visit.

Should you choose to revisit GoVegan Deli I'm sure you would have a more positive experience and we would be happy to offer you another Bento Box to try by way of compensation.

Clare

Best Vegan Food On the Coast - Edit

Amazing Raw Vegan food specialising in Vegan Bento and delicious Raw Cakes.

ClareDarwish 06 Dec 2015 - Thank you Cliona, it's a pleasure to serve :)

Return to Sunshine Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has GoVegan Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.