Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 905-886-0680

280 West Beaver Creek Road (at Hwy 7 & Leslie), Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada, L4B3Z1

Vegetarian owned Chinese restaurant. Lunch menu includes dim sum, rice and noodle dishes. Set dinner menus are available for parties. Dinner reservations suggested on weekends as it is generally crowded from 6-8pm. No smoking.

Category: Ovo, Chinese

First Review by gregster

not what it used to be - Edit

We used to really enjoy this place. The last 3 times we have been the quality has declined drastically. Many items are greasy and flavorless. We have also been experiencing gastrointestinal upset after eating there.

Pros: plenty of veg meat options, large portions

Cons: greasy

Excellent vegan Chinese food - Edit

Our friends treated us to some takeaway from this place, as this was their favourite vegetarian Chinese resto. I was blown away by the assorted gluten and soy plate. They make it in-house fresh every day and it was delicious. Highly recommended.

My All-time Favourite Veggie Restaurant! - Edit

My family and I have been coming here for years. We come almost once every week and we always leave full and happy with extras to take home! The prices are decent and the portions are very generous so it's definitely worth your money!Also, they serve a different dessert (chinese style) each time after your meal (dinner only) for free!
I have have probably tried almost everything on the menu so I highly recommend their soups, the mashed taro fish and this other fried seaweed fish.

One thing I would say though is to ask for less oil in your food because some of the more oily dishes can be a bit more oily than my liking but it's not a big issue. And if you go there during dinnertime, it will be really busy and the waiters might be a bit inattentive, but overall their service is good and the waiters and the owner are all really nice people.

Pros: Large variety & selections available, Great prices, large portions, Free dessert!

Cons: Food can be a bit oily, May have to wait during dinnertime, Busy servers, can be abit inattentive

Wow...this place is fantastic!!! - Edit

Okay, on first glance this looks like a hole-in-the wall in the middle of a strip mall...the obvious has been stated.

Venture into this busy restaurant and you are in for a treat! This is a traditional (i.e. not western style) vegetarian Chinese restaurant, with pages and pages of options (overwhelming really). If you like Chinese food you WILL find something to make you happy here. Also, the prices are very decent, and the portions are generous.

I found the customer service to be friendly and attentive, very aware of dietary preferences (e.g. the waiter asked if I was vegetarian or vegan before filling my order).

Verdict: If you are in the area GO to this restaurant - if not, GO to this restaurant!!!

Pros: Food, Choices, Price

Return to Richmond Hill Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2232 times since Jul 2008.