Gourmet India

Contact 619-702-7967

810 4th Ave, San Diego, California, USA, 92101

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food menu, has a vegetarian section. Nice interior, prices higher than typical Indian places. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by leanandgreenkids

Absolutely Delicious - Edit

We picked this place bc all foods are clearly labeled w "v" for vegan and "gf" for gluten free. Also an entire vegetarian section. We started with Bhel puri for an appetizer. What a sweet, spicy and crunchy treat. so refreshing!!! Then we had dal of the day and vegetable curry. The dishes were so so good! It was more than enough for two and we had leftovers. This is a GREAT place for vegans, vegetarians and omnovores!

Pros: Everything on the menu is clearly labeled which wa

Cons: Pretty pricy but totally worth it!!!

Tasty food, nice atmosphere - Edit

The food here was really good!

While this is not a vegan or vegetarian restaurant, there is a dedicated vegetarian section, where a lot of the options are also vegan. The vegan options were plentiful and the tofu dish I had was very good! There were also many gluten-free options available.

They do serve meat and dairy, however this was a great place to go with my omnivorous family. Everyone was very satisfied here.

Additionally, I have a corn allergy, which they easily accommodated. It was clear that the waitress knew what was in the food I was asking about, and didn't hesitate to tell me if a dish contained an ingredient I couldn't eat, something I very much appreciate.

Another bonus is with a receipt from your dinner you can park in the garage next door for free for three hours.

Pros: Free parking, Excellent food, Accommodating of food allergies

Cons: Serves meat

A pleasant surprise downtown, authentic and tasty - Edit

I was pleasantly surprised to find this quaint cafe in the Gaslamp district, with a good section of the menu specifically dedicated to veg and vegan offerings. The food was very good and the service friendly. We enjoyed sitting outside and people watching, but the inside was beautiful and authentically indian with floor seating.

Pros: location, food, atmosphere

Cons: none

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gourmet India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1901 times since Aug 2012.