CLOSED: Gourmet Gringos

289-802-9138

15380 Bayview Ave, Aurora, Ontario, Canada, ON L4G 7J1

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual franchise restaurant with many locations serving Mexican food, including many vegan choices for tacos, burritos, and quesadillas. Also has a food truck. Reported closed, Apr 2017.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Gracem

disappointed - Edit

I went there today for the first time with my mother. I was excited there was somewhere to go in aurora that had vegan items listed in their menu. I ordered the vegan burrito. I got it and after a few bits I found a chunk of meat in it. The few bits I had were good but finding meat in my burrito ruined it for me. The two guys working were very nice about it and I asked just to just get my money back. (It should also be noted that the one guys pants were really low and as he walked away his underwear was showing... And not just a little, I'm talking whole butt.) It was obvious to me that it was a cross contamination issue but it totally turned me off and I doubt I would go back.
My mother did enjoy her food.

Pros: vegan options listed on menu, staff appeared to know what vegan meant

Cons: found meat in vegan burrito

Delicious authentic Mexican street food - Edit

The first time I tried Gourmet Gringos was on the street of Toronto. I had a great burrito for lunch
Now that its open in Aurora, I love to pop in for my taco fix. Double tortillas are filled to brim with sautéed peppers, onions, guacamole and pico de gallo. So, so good! Fresh- you can definitely taste good ingredients!
Staff is very accommodating and if they are not sure of something, they ask the chef.

Pros: Quality ingredients, Authentic flavour, Clean, modern space

Cons: Portions are light

Return to Aurora Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Gourmet Gringos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.