First Review by bettyshablul

good Food - Edit

A little hard to find but the friendly staff and the metaphysical store downstairs makes you forget all about that. Great variety. Unique and tasty dishes. I like that their menu is not soy based.

Pros: nice menu variety, reasonably priced, great view while eat

Cons: hard to find

Excellent, Excellent, Excellent - A Must Visit !! - Edit

I learned about this Veg restaurant from a Groupon offer. It was tough at first to find but the entrance is in the rear of the building with a very small sign. Anyways, after entering the place is great. The entire experience was excellent. The food, value, quality, staff, service, atmosphere, etc. You name it and I enjoyed it. It is difficult in todays world to find such a small family run business that appreciates their customers. I cannot name one single thing that I did not enjoy. The soups are great and the juices, plus the selection of dishes are wonderful.

So, if you are wondering if you should go.....It is a definite YES. I loved the cucumber salad sandwich and the veg soup.....yummy

Beautiful Veggie Haven - Edit

After flying in to Ft Lauderdale, we were excited to make our way to this wonderful restaurant. They are only about 15 minutes from the airport. They are located on the top floor of a metaphysical shop so you can browse before or after dining. They also have a lovely courtyard setting in the back with tables and chairs, not sure if you can dine there. The dining area upstairs is cozy with a great view of the courtyard down below. Our server brought us chips with a cashew dip which was devine and I had the pumpkin soup which was simple but delicious and my husband had the Shredded BBQ "Pork" sandwich which was heavenly. We really appreciate good mock dishes and this was awesome. We were happy to find such great veggie food before we headed down to the Keys where we knew we would be surrounded by fish restaurants. We will definitely stop here again when flying in to Florida!

Pros: delectable food, good value, friendly staff

Good vegan food - Edit

This was a treat to find, will surely go back again. It's a small place with a small staff, so it takes a little time to be served, but it's well worth the wait. The Center downstairs has some great spirituality items too.

I was a little taken off-guard by the staff at the center all eating from a (not veg) fast food restaurant, perhaps the restaurant itself is a different owner than the center, you do have to walk through the center's shop to get to the restaurant entrance.

Pros: good food, friendly, parking

Cons: staff of gift shop not veg

Best of South Florida Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

Meat eaters, vegetarians, vegans, and the like now have somewhere to go when they are on the run, eating out with friends/coworkers, and/or don't feel like cooking. Gourmet Greenhouse is hands down the BEST vegan/vegetarian restaurant I have eaten at in my 29 years of living in South Florida. It is better than Sublime (yes, I said it). Better than Sublime. From the helpful staff to the quick service, you will feel like you are dining at a six star restaurant. Quaintly tucked away on the second floor of The Center for Human Development, I found parking and was in and up those steps in a flash. The decor is great, window dining view of the gardens and fountain below peaceful, and each dish stood on its own with its unique taste and was good. Reasonably priced, the food came in large quantities. I walked out of there satisfied feeling good about my eating choices, and now have a new eating spot for Saturday get togethers with friends, and loved ones. Blessed be.

Pros: Hearty dishes, Lots of food, Knowledgeable Staff

Great food - Edit

Very friendly, clean and just fun!
The food taste realy good and the restaurant is on the second floor facing to a nice view. Very relaxing.
To enter this gem go from the parking-lot, located above the Center for Human Development right next to a costumes- store.

Pros: Interesting food, Tastes grest, Clean

Cons: Limited hours 11am-3pm, Closed Sun and Mon

Return to Hollywood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Gourmet Greenhouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 612 times since Jun 2008.