Gorkha Palace

Contact 612-886-3451

23 4th St NE (at 1st Ave NE), Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55414

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers many options for vegans which are clearly marked on the menu. Uses compostable take-out containers. Sources food locally. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-2:30pm, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, International, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Nepalese, Tibetan, Non-veg

First Review by plant_eater

Good Himalayan cuisine with veg*n options - Edit

Gorkha palace offers well-prepared Nepali, Indian, and Tibetan cuisine, including plenty of veg*n options. The veggie momos are particularly good. If it were purely vegetarian, it would be near the top of list for the MSP area.

Service is friendly and there's free parking in the lot out front.

Pros: Several tasty veg*n options, friendly service

Cons: Serves meat

Gorkha Palace is Great - Edit

I absolutely loved my experience at Gorkha Palace, loved the food, the service and the atmosphere.
Ordered the Vegetable Pakoras and the Veggie Mos-Mos, I enjoyed the Pakoras more.
For Entree I ordered the mixed vegetable curry and it was amazing, with a side or the roti. Will definitely be going back!
All items on menu that are vegan are labeled as such!

Cons: Parking

Awesome Nepali and Indian Food - Edit

Gorkha Palace is one of our favorite restaurants in Minneapolis. They serve delicious food from Nepal, Tibet, and India. There are vegan, vegetarian, and meaty items all clearly marked on the menu, so there is something for everyone.

It’s usually full on the evenings and weekends. If you have a party of at least four, they will take a reservation. Thursday nights they have a live sitar playing. Get there early to get a table.

The artwork on the walls all comes from Nepal. Take a moment to walk around and look at it if you can. My favorite is the painting of the real Gorkha Palace in Nepal.

Crispy papadam is frequently brought out for free as an appetizer to dinner.

Our favorite drink is the spiced black tea. We like it black and extra strong.

The veggie pakora is our favorite appetizer. It is a crispy, chickpea battered, fried collection of cabbage, onions, and jalapenos with some mint and tamarind chutney on the side. I like mine plain; my wife likes hers with the chutney.

My wife’s favorite is the Chyau Takari which was recently removed from the menu, but you can still order it. She loves the medley of mushrooms and spices.

My favorite is Channa Saag is very similar to the Channa Masala in that it has chickpeas and potatoes in a curry gravy, but with added spinach it goes great with some garlic roti. Hariyo Saag is my second favorite. It is seasonal leafy greens in curry with ginger and garlic.

Staff is great and there is usually parking in the lot if you get there early.

Pros: Tasty Food, clearly labeled menu items, friendly staff

Go Gorkha! - Edit

My boyfriend and I eat hear regularly and love this place! The staff is very friendly and the food is always high quality and gives generous portions. Their entrees are divided into two sections: "vegetarian" and "non-vegetarian"(love that). You must get the veggie pakora- so wonderfully crispy and served with two chutneys (one is a spicy mint and the other is slightly sweet tamarind). I have been going here since they opened and I have never been disappointed. They are truly committed to quality and customer service.

Pros: vegan items, excellent food, friendly staff

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gorkha Palace closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2836 times since Sep 2011.