Gorey Cafe

0752036296

Sakyō-ku, Jōdoji Nishidachō 82-1, Imadegawa, Kyoto, Japan, 606-8417

Vegetarian pasta and curry restaurant. Serves coffee, beer and wine. Est. 2017. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead. Open Tue-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Japanese, Organic, Beer/Wine, Fusion

First Review by Xanato5

Super inexpensive vegan food that is full of flavor - Edit

I walked by this place after visiting Ginkakuji and decided to try it. I got the tomato and vegetable pasta and it came with a daikon salad.

The portion was big and apparently you can increase it at no extra charge, which I did not know.

The menu says they use vegetables grown in the Ohara region of Kyoto wherever possible.

The pasta dish just used regular seminola pasta noodles, so I was not sure how healthy it was, but it tasted great! The vegetables were cooked to perfection.

I do not really like daikon that much because it seems like a boring vegetable to me, but this was great! Although it was called a salad, I would have thought it was pickles. It was cut into cubes that were marinated with some sort of spice; I think oregano. It was crunchy, tangy, and far from boring.

I only paid 700 yen. This was flat out the cheapest meal I had in Kyoto. If I lived here I am sure I would eat here all the time. I recommend this place to students, backpackers or anyone on a budget.

Pros: Tasty food, Portions are not small, Super inexpensive

Cons: Maybe not the healthiest

one of my favourite places - Edit

The two owners are very kind and friendly, great prices for great past! Also close to Kyoto university so good for students

Awesome Place - Edit

Awesome place to have ur meal. We tried Indian Curry and Rice along with Veg. Pasta. I have to admit by far the best Indian Curry Rice I had since my stay in Japan. Everything was perfect.

The owner is very humble and friendly.

Pros: Lot if vegetarian option.

fresh food, super fresh vegetables and friendly atmosphere - Edit

This place was a great find on our trip to Kyoto. The owners are super friendly, they make delicious pasta with really fresh ingredient. Super inexpensive, beautiful and clean restaurant. With some of the best prices we have seen in Kyoto.

Pros: great tasting pasta with fresh vegetables, owner was super friendly, best prices in Kyoto

Cons: wish they had been on HappyCow earlier

Wow - great vegan pasta - Edit

Really tasty pasta dishes made to order. Very inexpensive too, if you are hungry they will increase the portion - at no cost! Wish I had known about this place earlier in my trip. Small place with a bright atmosphere.

Pros: Great fresh food , Great service , Very inexpensive

Return to Kyoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gorey Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.