Gordo Gorila

Contact 957101017

416 Panamerican Highway, Mancora, Peru,

Vegan restaurant making Thai and American food, preparing its own tofu and seitan. Try the pesto burger, BBQ burger, pad thai, pad sew ew and the yellow coconut curry. Refill your water bottle for free. Open Mon 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon 6:00pm-10:00pm, Wed 11:00am-3:00pm, Wed 6:00pm-10:00pm, Thu 11:00am-3:00pm, Thu 6:00pm-10:00pm, Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Fri 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-3:00pm, Sat 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, Sun 6:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Thai

First Review by JamesSchulte

awesome vegan find in Mancora - Edit

Small but cute place on Main Street with nice outdoor seating. Thai dishes and sandwiches with homemade sriram and breads. The coconut curry was quite tasty. Nice touch is a complimentary juice upon arrival.

Pros: free juice a nice touch

El mejor sitio veg en Mancora - Edit

estube en mancora por un fin de semana y mediante la app encontre este restaurant, los buenos reviews le hacen honor a su comida y yo tambíen puedo dar crédito de ello, la atención es muy amable y la comida es muy rica con variedad de platos, un gran punto a favor es que está muy cerca del valneario, recomendadisimo.

Pros: muy centríco, variedad de platos

Hidden Gem in Northern Peru - Edit

First off, me and my family were amazed at the great vibe of the owner; this extremely nice guy from salt lake utah made us feel at home. Immediately we were gladly surprised with the Asian flavours' inspired menu and more so when we tasted our dishes which had more than generous portions. The bill was extremely reasonable given the excellent service and such nice food, especially given it is the only vegan place in Mancora, which I am sure makes finding good ingredients very difficult. I am just sorry we couldn't go a second time to taste the rest of the menu. Any vegan enthusiast going to Mancora should have a stop at Gordo Gorila for some nourishing food!!

P.S. Forgot to mention they give you Free Juice and Water!!

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-01

Pros: Superb Service, Excellent Food, Great Value

Cons: Food Presentation

Great tasting, healthy, filling vegan food - Edit

As just about the only vegan restaurant in Mancora, this was my first choice for my stay here.I've had 3 meals so far: the Pad Thai with tofu, and two seitan burgers (one 'bbq' flavour and one 'pesto'). All of the meals tasted outstanding and were quite large.The seitan burgers especially were excellent value and quite a revelation to me. They were the kind of thing you'd serve to a friend who can't do without meat and they'd be hard pressed to find a fault. Great flavour and texture. The owner is a top guy, too, and offered to customise a meal if I felt like something other than what he offered. Overall a great experience that I can't recommend enough!

Pros: Delicious, healthy food , Outstanding value for money , Friendly service

Awesome good with friendly service - Edit

We had an amazing lunch here - ordered the pad Thai, Pad see ew & a bbq sandwiche to go.. All dishes were delicious! An awesome vegan find along our travels. The owner Harold is a super nice guy & provides awesome friendly service. Highly recommend.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly service, Free water and juice

Amazing!! - Edit

Stumbled upon this tasty place completely by accident and couldn't have been happier. It is right in the middle of the downtown Mancora and has a nice open atmosphere. The owner and the cook were both so welcoming, generous. and energizing. My friends and I all ordered Pad Thai and it was delicious - would highly recommend. Great fresh broccoli cooked with noodles and there were sprouts on the side with crumbled peanuts on top. Very hearty meal. Also were served lots of fresh pineapple juice that was SO GOOD. Really enjoyed talking with the owner and relaxing in the pleasant atmosphere after we finished our meal. And as mentioned in the restaurant description, my friends were able to fill up their one plastic water bottle! I wish I could have tried everything on the menu :)

Pros: Very friendly, Big meal proportions, Good location

Cons: Traffic can be noisy

Return to Mancora Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gordo Gorila closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.