Gora Kadan

• Hotel B&B
    ( 1 review )
+81-460823331

1300 Gora, Ashigarashimo District, Kanagawa, Hakone, Japan

Traditional ryokan in Hakone that offers a luxurious resort-type experience. Meals are kaiseki, a traditional style of Japanese cuisine served as a series of small dishes that feature regional specialties and seasonal delicacies. Not normally veg but special dietary requirements can be noted during booking and pre-arranged by email.

1 Review

First Review by Meggie and Ben

Once in a lifetime experience - Edit

Staying at Gora Kadan was a once in a lifetime experience and I will never forget it. It was the most luxurious vacation that I have ever experienced and I have NEVER had the level of service that their staff provided. It's pretty pricey, but I think it's worth it.

The prices are per person, per night and include breakfast and dinner. I originally found out about them when I was emailing different ryokans in Hakone asking if they could accommodate vegans. They were one just a few that responded and said that they could.

When I made the reservation, I noted our dietary preferences and they emailed me a few days later to ask specifics about ingredients and food preferences. They were very thorough and helpful.

When we got there all the food was great and we could tell the chef tried hard to make our food flavorful and creative. We really enjoyed our stay and the food was great!

Pros: Amazing experience, Beautiful Japanese baths, Fantastic service

Cons: No lunch service (can go into town)

Return to Hakone Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gora Kadan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.