Gopal's Creperie - Food Trailer

Contact 808-635-2164

4-1620 Kuhio Highway (at Kauai), Kapaa, Hawaii, USA, 96746

Food wagon offering both sweet and savory gluten-free and crepes with fillings that are either vegetarian and vegan. Cheese could be omitted by request or substituted for something else. Uses honey. Sit on the North end of Kapa'a where the coastal bike path runs alongside and is steps away from the beach. Open Tue-Fri 8:30am-2:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by Mark and jivani

Vegan crepes! - Edit

I was super excited to discover I could get vegan crepes while in Kauai - this place is a food truck in a parking lot, you could easily miss it driving by. We went twice on our trip, I got the creamed kale savory crepe the first time and banana chocolate crepe the second time. Both were delicious! Most of the crepes are vegan (and marked) with ingredients listed. As a heads up, I noticed some of the "vegan" crepes had honey, but I'm sure she could leave that out. Seating is at picnic tables outside (there's shade). Really friendly and quick service.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Vegan crepes labelled, Quick service

Cons: Honey listed for some of the "vegan" options

Amazing crepes! - Edit

I had a savory crepe and a sweet crepe and they were both so delicious! I also tried the chocolate and chai coconut based ice cream, it was really good. I love that the vegan items are clearly listed and there were options like vegan s'mores and buffalo tofu!

Pros: Amazing combos, Lots of choices, vegan items marked

Delicious vegan and gluten free Crepes! - Edit

As many places that my girlfriend and I have traveled, we have never found a place that serves both vegan and gluten free Crepes. We're not even crepe lovers, but we are now. We shared one savory and one sweet one and they were delicious!

Pros: vegan and gluten free, great options, handmade

Best thing going in Kapa'a - Edit

Kapa'a is a tough place for vegetarians, vegans and those with food sensitivities. We missed out on Gopal's Sunday and Monday, as they are closed and Tuesday because they were ill. We made up for it on Wednesday! The crepe batter is made from Bob's red mill GF mix and soymilk. Soy is a problem for some of us, but I had made crepes at home for a later snack. We drove home, picked up our crepes and brought them back and they were so sweet to fill them for us. I think we tried most everything and every. single. one. was good! The ones who could got regular crepes and they were slightly sweet and nicely chewy.
Ginger lentils with goat cheese: kids loved it!
Sundried tomato paste with basil leaf and goat cheese: TO DIE FOR
Lemon with local honey and sprinkle of crunchy sugar: we licked the paper bowl
Fresh mac nut butter: yum, yum, yum
Banana and chocolate: the kids would not even let me have a bite.
The sundried tomato one was hands down, my personal favorite. We would have come back the next day, but the timing was not right with our flight. A word about the owner: I found Kapa'a to be lacking in hospitality and generally unfriendly. Use the word "vegetarian" in a restaurant and more or less get the "why don't you eat all this yummy fish" look. Not so here! The owner was super-friendly, so accommodating and above all, has a great product. So, if you are in town here, make this your FIRST stop!

Pros: delicious food, central location

Cons: not open every day, soy in the batter (but non GMO)

Lovely experience - Edit

The food truck was a little hard to find. It's in a space with two other trucks and the tacos truck is on the street. It's opposite the Product Fair. See pictures. The crepes are great, especially as they are gluten free. Loved the organic salad & goat cheese, and the banana macadamia. Going back for more.

Pros: Delicious, Reasonably priced

Cons: Difficult to find.

Yummy crepes - Edit

This is a new addition to the island of Kauai.
A beautiful couple own this wagon and make delicious crepes.
I've tried all of the savory crepes and loved all of them.

Pesto crepe
Sun dried tomato crepe
Lentil ginger crepe
Salad crepe

I don't eat dairy so just ask to leave out the goat cheese.
I've also had them combine crepes like the pesto and sun dried tomato together. The ingredients are mostly organic and clean. The crepe batter is gluten free and mostly garbanzo flour so it has a lot of nutrients.
Haven't tried the sweet crepes but I'm sure if they are as sweet as the owners they are a delight.
The price is very reasonable too. $7 for the savory and $6 for the sweet.
A nice quick and delicious meal.

Return to Kapaa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gopal's Creperie - Food Trailer closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1947 times since Nov 2013.