First Review by SadbhujaCaitanyaDas

Not good at all - Edit

I went to Gopal's because of its one excellent review and would not go again. Very disappointing. The Indian Dhal I ordered didn't taste Indian at all; or of anything for that matter. The consistency was unpleasantly mushy, the veggies were well over and it wasn't great value for money in my opinion. The Dhal lacked freshness, spices and seasoning. However, the staff was super nice and friendly. Maybe the chef had a bad day or maybe the Dhal is not the signature dish, but this was the least delicious food experience during my month in Bali.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: bland, overcooked Dhal, weird cafe setting overlooking pool

On our Honeymoon - Incredible Food and Fairly Priced - Edit

My wife and I went to Bali for our honeymoon and literally ate at this place 2x a day (we had breakfast at the hotel which was about a 10 min drive away). The absolute sheer volume of choice for multiple cuisine was unbelievable and the quality of the preparations was second to none. The traditional Indonesian menu was delicious as were the western options - everything we ate was also healthy and was obviously freshly prepared. The staff were so friendly each and every time to the point where I was more than happy to tip each and every time. I miss this place a lot and would actually stay at the hotel the next time too as the location is so central (close to the shopping strip and very close to the beach).

Pros: Amazing choice of dishes from all over the world, Exceptional staff care and service, Prices are very very reasonable

Cons: None at all, Loved it so none, Absolutely no negatives

Return to Bali Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gopal's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 595 times since Feb 2016.