First Review by clarysage

Good buffet and cakes - Edit

I´ve been going here for years when ever I visit Tampere. I love the buffet with the spreads, salads and Indian-style food. They also have some vegan cakes and traditional carrot cake is lovely.

It´s a bit old-fashioned but good vegan food. The interior would look nicer if it was more light and modern.

Pros: Great food, Good location in Tammela

Cons: A bit old fashioned vegetarian restaurant

Fast and nutritious - Edit

I took the lunch buffet and it was really good and affordable. Bread was good even without any spread on it (both spreads were non-vegan).

Vegan awesomeness - Edit

Gopal actually has three restaurants now in Tampere, but this one is definitely my favourite one to visit. Just something about the place really clicks well with me.

Also, take extra amount of the hummus. It's golden, it's super good!

Pros: A lot of options, Hummus!, Relaxing place to eat

Cons: Lack of gluten free curries, Can be pricey., Lack of tea options

Simply Wonderful! - Edit

Gopal makes me want to visit Tampere as often as possible. The food is simply so wonderful. There are so many varieties and taste is so delicious. Luckily they have very small plates, otherwise I would overeat and pay a fortune as you pay by weight. Still I can fit a lot of food on my plate. Sometimes they have cookies or cake too, but Cafe Gopal have a better variety of sweets in additional to a similar lunch. Sometimes I walk from Gopal to Cafe Gopal for desert :)

Pros: tasty, delicious, variety

Cons: pricey if you eat a lot like me

Fair value - Edit

The food at Gopal was good, quite tasty and also the price was relatively ok. With the food, which you weight and pay accordingly, you get also a juice, bread and tea.

Good for takeout - Edit

I've picked up lovely lunches here a few times and the food is great! You choose what you want, the staff weigh it and you pay per grams. It's good as you get exactly the right amount and don't end up paying for food you didn't want.

Pros: great food, pay per weight

Cons: the dining area doesnt look very nice

Basic and tasty - Edit

You can always get a decent amount of vegan food here even though it is a Krisha restaurant, and it's reasonably priced.

Return to Tampere Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gopal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.