Gopal - Rongankatu

Rongankatu 6, Tampere, Finland, 33100

One location in a chain of vegetarian restaurants. Has vegan and gluten free options. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Uses some organic and local products. Price of lunch is according to the weight of the serving. Open Mon-Tue 11:00am-5:00pm, Wed-Fri 11:00am-8:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Organic, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Pakistani

First Review by Nega

good lunch - Edit

I really enjoyed my lunch. The selection was nice a mix of cold and hot. Wasn't sure what it all was, but it tasted good. The venue is like sitting in someone's house, quirky and bijou! If you can find a seat, enjoy... It didn't feel like a restaurant and if you are a clean freak do not look in the kitchen! Very chilled place, felt like a festival tent set up. I would go again

Pros: hearty food

Cons: small

Incorrect information about food allergens! - Edit

The food here is tasty, don't get me wrong. However, there is no description of the different food items, which is the exact opposite of what I'd read in a review from another site (which said that all allergens were clearly labelled). I asked the waitress prior to selecting food from the buffet which items were gluten free (I have a severe gluten allergy), and she responded that ALL of the buffet items were made to be gluten free. I even specifically asked her if there was seitan (aka wheat gluten) in any dish, and she again said no. I took her word for it, as vegan restaurants are typically quite on top of that kind of thing. However, half way through eating our meals my husband and I found what appeared to be chunks of seitan in one of the curries. We asked the waitress again, and this time she went and got the chef who told us that it WAS seitan. I'm sorry, but when you pay €43 for 2 buffet meals and 1 ginger beer I do not think that is good enough. Really not looking forward to being sick for the next 2 days :(

Pros: Incorrect info about food allergens, Expensive, Poor service

Cons: Vegetarian/vegan, The food that I ate was pretty tasty

Lunch - Edit

Atmosphere is welcoming, relaxed and cosy. Lots of options at lunch. Bread, table spread and tea includes to lunch. Good, tasty food. Raw cakes are awesome. A little pricey for me, but I eat a lot.

Return to Tampere Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gopal - Rongankatu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.