Gopal - Vegan Deli

Contact 933189215

Carrer Escudellers 42 (at Placa George Orwell), Barcelona, Spain, 08002

Offers quick vegan bites including snacks, salads, a daily menu, juices, and bocadillos. Has vegan cheese, seitan, tofu, vegan empanadas, tortilla de patata, and cakes. Eat inside or take place on the stairs of Plaéa Tripi to enjoy the spectacles of locals. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Spanish

First Review by buzzlambert

not vegan... - Edit

When i came intro this boutique I havé seen a patisserie witch Nutella or nutella is not vegan... it's a shame really ! And you CAN se the Ingrédients

Sucre, huile de palme, noisettes 13%, cacao maigre 7,4%, lait écrémé en poudre 6,6%, lactosérum en poudre, émulsifiants : lécithines [soja], vanilline. Not vegan at all... finish

Cons: not vegan

Vegan Deli - Edit

I believe this place once served hot food but is now just a 100% vegan deli offering cold food to take away. They sell burgers, tofu, vegan meats etc to be cooked at home and also homemade baked goods such as huge vegan donuts.
We came here every day on our holiday to purchase goods for our breakfast for the next morning. We had donuts filled with vegan cream (omg!) and also chocolate covered ones. We also had a bread type pasty filled with various things...The 'mexican chilli' one I found very salty but the 'pollo' was delicious.
The staff are very helpful and friendly.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-24

Pros: Amazing donuts

awesome donuts no place to sit, no coffe - Edit

If you want a quick bite it is a nice place to go, we had only donuts so hard to tell if the meal to go options are as good. But they have plenty Catalonian looking bakery products. If have place to eat near by it's a good option.

Delicious vegan donuts - Edit

I found this place by accident on my trip to Barcelona and I’m not ashamed to say that the vegan donuts were the only thing I tried. I’ve never liked donuts before I became a vegan, but the chocolate covered donuts from this place are absolute heaven. I returned several times during my vacation and ate far too many donuts. But I regret nothing!

Pros: donuts, cheap, friendly staff

Cons: none

Great - Edit

What a great place this is.
The staff were helpful and friendly especially the male who we met on the Friday night.
We wanted to get something to eat for breakfast/lunch for the following day as we were going to do a bus tour. We ended up with what looked like pasties but turned out to be bread filled with vegan chicken and one filled with kidney beans and spices. Both were very good. We also had chocolate covered donuts!
We came back the next day for more of the same but we had vegan cream and chocolate filled donuts this time!

Pros: Price, Donuts, Range of "meats" and "cheeses"

all of the food is amazing - Edit

Great burgers and fries, even better desserts. Came back to this place again and again during my trip. The donuts are a must try!

Pros: donuts, donuts

Cons: take away only

Terrible customer service - Edit

I have been here on a couple of ocassions and both times the service was rubbish. I had to stand waiting for ages while the staff chatted with frienda/other staff. Although they have nice food this really put me off.

Pros: Doughnuts!

Cons: Poor customer service

Unbelievable - Edit

Amazing little place with huge burgers which are so delicious and the cakes😍 oh boy the "Cakes and Donuts" are out of this world. Vegan/NonVegans don't miss this place!

Pros: Everything is Vegan!

Cons: Very reasonable prices:)

best vegan donuts - Edit

This place has some seriously amazing vegan donuts for so cheap , if you ever have a craving for a donut this is the place to go ! Amazing customer service here as well ! They were very accommodating to me !

Pros: amazing service , amazing vegan desserts

Go-Gopal-Go - Edit

Excellent vegan deli, which we visited multiple times during our recent stay. Gopal is perfect if you want a quick snack and the menu includes a number of burgers, sandwiches, cheeses, meats, cakes and donuts. We were lucky enough to purchase some freshly made donuts that were delicious especially the chocolate oreo donut. The chocolate and nut donut was outstanding as well. For the flight home we visited again and ordered the crispy seitan sandwich and chorizo sandwich for €9. Both sandwiches were superb and value for money.

Pros: Delicious food, Inexpensive

Not very nice - Edit

We had the cupcakes and the potatoes which were alright, but the doughnuts we had were probably a couple of days old. Not very nice staff and the place looked quite dirty. My friends didn't even wanna eat there...

Cons: Dirty, Old (?) food

Has been better once. - Edit

We came here for the second time (1st time 2014) and sadly we had to realize some changes. It's no longer possible to sit in the restaurant - it's restricted to take away now. What was even more striking was that plastic is used now for everything from cutlery to plates. And for the coffee there are not just one-way-cups but coffee-capsules to prepare! So much rubbish! Even for a take away there are much better and ecologically options! It's a choice. The food was still good, but they changed the fries against nachos (same price). We left after having a nice meal but not with a good feeling. So we recommend to go there but ask them about the rubbish. ;-) Hopefully they rethink the decision.

Pros: Tasty food, central, nice staff

Cons: loads of plastic-rubbish, no seating anymore

Stunning - Edit

As soon as I came in I thought to myself: "this definitely can't be all vegan, let me just ask..." And then I saw the little sign saying: "Is everything here vegan? Yes, everything."

We had two burgers and they were both delicious. Best vegan burger I have ever had. We also shared a doughnut coated in chocolate which was tasty but super rich. I wish I could have gone again and tried all their food, because it was just amazing.

Pros: All is vegan!!!, So tasty

Cons: No cons

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gopal - Vegan Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.