Gopal - Vegan Deli

Carrer Escudellers 42 (at Placa George Orwell), Barcelona, Spain, 08002

Offers quick vegan bites including snacks, salads, a daily menu, juices, and bocadillos. Has vegan cheese, seitan, tofu, vegan empanadas, tortilla de patata, and cakes. Eat inside or take place on the stairs of Plaéa Tripi to enjoy the spectacles of locals. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Spanish

First Review by buzzlambert

Lovely - Edit

Good food, nice people, not really cosy and English was difficult. But the food was good and not expensive.

Pros: Good food, Nice area, Cheap

Cons: Not cosy, Bad English

eric 21 Apr 2017 - Hi Tamara, when were you there? We were notified that they may have just been forced to closed.

Best Ever Doughnuts - Edit

The doughnuts are insane and out of this world.
You can't eat in here, but can take some sandwiches or deli things away. To be honest nothing much appealed to me apart from the doughnuts but I went back the next day for another one they are so gooood! I think the prices are 2.5, 3 and 3.5 depending on what kind you choose. Vegan Nutella stuffed were my favourite!

Pros: Doughnuts

Best donuts ever... - Edit

Only tried the donuts but ohhhh my... best donut I have ever tried (even before I became vegan!) 100% must visit in Barcelona!

Muchos cambios - Edit

Este lugar ha cambiado mucho. Ahora funciona como un deli con toda para llevar. No se puede comer dentro. No hay menu. Me prefiero el Gopal de antes, pero los postres son ricos.

Liubasha - Edit

Donuts muy rico. Pero no hay nada q ver con los fotos. No hay nada de todo q ves en los fotos. Una vitrina pequeña con pocas cosas. Solo donuts. No se puede comer dentro. No hay ni mesas ni sillas. Es solo una propaganda

Pros: poner fotos más adecuados de lo q hay

KevinRKaiser 11 Apr 2017 - No es propaganda. Antes, se puede comer dentro. Había mesas y sillas. No es propaganda. Pero es necesario a cambiar las fotos para mostrar los cambios recientes. Ahora, es un deli. Toda para llevar.

Best vegan donuts and pastry - Edit

This place is a real vegan treasure! The chocolate glaced donut (which was bigger than my face :)) was one of the best bites we had in Barcelona. We also bought some chorizo and vegan chicken filled pastries, which were so incredibly delicious and perfectly spiced. The place offers a large selection of vegan sausages and plant based meats. We bought some delicious "sausages" for our sandwiches. The service was sweet and friendly and took his time to explain us the big selection of amazing and cheap food. We came twice :)

My favourite spot in Barcelona! - Edit

My sister and I biked from our apartment to Gopal one day, to get some lunch and donuts. First of all, the interior is very bright, and the place is very clean. The person behind the counter was so nice and helpful, and explained everything to us (many of the signs are in Catalan (I think), so we needed some help to understand what everything was), they were very happy and polite.

We got to calzone/empanada thingies, one with vegan ham and cheese, and one with spinach. Both were good, but the ham and cheese one was heaven. It really reminded me of those (non vegan) frozen pizza pockets I had sometimes as a kid, just fresher and tastier. My sister who isn't vegan, but lacto vegetarian loved it, and thought the cheese tasted like "real" cheese.

We also got a donut, and oh my god. Best donut I ever tasted. My only regret about this place is that I didn't get more food - especially donuts, and that I didn't have time to go back for a second round before I had to go home.

We also got some chorizo type sausages that we cooked and ate with our lunch the next day. These were maybe one of the tastiest homemade vegan sausages I've ever tried.

No seating, but if you have the opportunity to grab lunch here and then eat it at your hotel/apartment, I really recommend it!

Pros: Really good food, Friendly staff, Cozy interior

Delicious snack place! - Edit

This place was wonderful to be living nearby when i visited Barcelona!
This place has so many snacks that are easy to just store in your bag, when you wanna explore and see the city (and you're not sure if you can eat something vegan elsewhere!)

This place saved me for the weekend I was there!
I always got the "York" baked snack. It's a tomato sauce with vegan cheese and some marinated tofu, fully baked and covered in a bread, kinda calzone style. very handy to get to go!

I also got the shiitake mushroom calzone style bread, which also was very delicious!
I tried a few more delicacies, but honestly don't remember their names, but everything I tried from there was delicious!

Staff was English speaking and friendly.

Pros: very good "To go food", English speaking and friendly, good touristy neighbourhood

Cons: mediocre priced, not labels on all delicacies

not vegan... - Edit

When i came intro this boutique I havé seen a patisserie witch Nutella or nutella is not vegan... it's a shame really ! And you CAN se the Ingrédients

Sucre, huile de palme, noisettes 13%, cacao maigre 7,4%, lait écrémé en poudre 6,6%, lactosérum en poudre, émulsifiants : lécithines [soja], vanilline. Not vegan at all... finish

Cons: not vegan

Vegan Deli - Edit

I believe this place once served hot food but is now just a 100% vegan deli offering cold food to take away. They sell burgers, tofu, vegan meats etc to be cooked at home and also homemade baked goods such as huge vegan donuts.
We came here every day on our holiday to purchase goods for our breakfast for the next morning. We had donuts filled with vegan cream (omg!) and also chocolate covered ones. We also had a bread type pasty filled with various things...The 'mexican chilli' one I found very salty but the 'pollo' was delicious.
The staff are very helpful and friendly.

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-24

Pros: Amazing donuts

awesome donuts no place to sit, no coffe - Edit

If you want a quick bite it is a nice place to go, we had only donuts so hard to tell if the meal to go options are as good. But they have plenty Catalonian looking bakery products. If have place to eat near by it's a good option.

Delicious vegan donuts - Edit

I found this place by accident on my trip to Barcelona and I’m not ashamed to say that the vegan donuts were the only thing I tried. I’ve never liked donuts before I became a vegan, but the chocolate covered donuts from this place are absolute heaven. I returned several times during my vacation and ate far too many donuts. But I regret nothing!

Pros: donuts, cheap, friendly staff

Cons: none

Great - Edit

What a great place this is.
The staff were helpful and friendly especially the male who we met on the Friday night.
We wanted to get something to eat for breakfast/lunch for the following day as we were going to do a bus tour. We ended up with what looked like pasties but turned out to be bread filled with vegan chicken and one filled with kidney beans and spices. Both were very good. We also had chocolate covered donuts!
We came back the next day for more of the same but we had vegan cream and chocolate filled donuts this time!

Pros: Price, Donuts, Range of "meats" and "cheeses"

all of the food is amazing - Edit

Great burgers and fries, even better desserts. Came back to this place again and again during my trip. The donuts are a must try!

Pros: donuts, donuts

Cons: take away only

Donuts - Edit

Donuts with vanilla cream

Terrible customer service - Edit

I have been here on a couple of ocassions and both times the service was rubbish. I had to stand waiting for ages while the staff chatted with frienda/other staff. Although they have nice food this really put me off.

Pros: Doughnuts!

Cons: Poor customer service

Unbelievable - Edit

Amazing little place with huge burgers which are so delicious and the cakes? oh boy the "Cakes and Donuts" are out of this world. Vegan/NonVegans don't miss this place!

Pros: Everything is Vegan!

Cons: Very reasonable prices:)

One of my favorites in the city! - Edit

Absolutely love this place. Delicious donuts and food!

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gopal - Vegan Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.