Gooseberries

314-577-6363

2754 Chippewa St, St Louis, Missouri, USA, 63118

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual restaurant serving breakfast all day plus a variety of snacks, and buffet options throughout the week. Often has specials and always includes a vegan option. Monday nights are sometimes pizza and salad buffet and a movie, with a vegan pizza option. Saturday brunch offerings include vegan pancakes. Regular menu has BBQ tofu, fried tofu strips, and tofu "fish" sticks as well as vegan-suitable sides and sauces. Open Mon 6:00pm-8:00pm, Wed-Thu 9:00am-4:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Buffet, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by elise12192

Would not recommend - Edit

I had been waiting to check this place out since they offered vegan and non vegan food. Boy I was thoroughly disappointed. We waited no joke 1 hour and 20 minutes for brunch (mind you it wasn't crazy busy). I ordered vegan banana pancakes, donuts, and crispy tofu. Great concept but seriously lacking in service. I worked in the restaurant industry for years and understand the behind the scenes. At least acknowledge to customers the typical wait for food and expectations that is general courtesy. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Save your time and go to Rooster or Treehouse.

Pros: Good vegan food, Multiple vegan options

Cons: Wait time for food, No apologies for service

Lots of vegan options, long wait times - Edit

I really enjoyed having a menu with so many vegan options. It was really hard to choose! I ended up having the tofu "fish" sticks, coleslaw, and fruit salad. The portions are small, more "snack" sized, so I'd suggest ordering more food than less.
The real downside to this place is the wait times. It's a small restaurant, and you order at a counter, but it still took over 40 minutes for us to get our food, and they weren't that busy. The coffee wasn't always ready to go, either, and when they brought it out, there wasn't that much.
I'd be willing to go back again because the vegan options are unlike most other places in St. Louis. But be prepared to wait.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Relaxed vibe

Cons: Long wait times for food

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gooseberries closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.