First Review by tjobb

awesome store - Edit

We stopped in to check out this store and were blown away by all the different vegan products. The staff said everything is vegan and I didn't notice anything that wasn't. They have a terrific cheese selection including Vegusto! They also have meats, frozen items, dry groceries, beauty and household items. As we started our trip in Stockholm, I wasn't able to stock up before going home, but I sure wish I could have. Must go!

Pros: vegan store, cheese selection, nice staff

Love!!! - Edit

if you're like me, and visiting Sweden from the US, this is an awesome place to stock up on some of the stuff you already know, but also to find some awesome Swedish vegan alternatives. we tried Ultuna cashew cheese (horseradish variety), and my husband, toddler and I all really enjoyed it -- my son actually woke up the next morning and asked for more. small store, but I enjoyed my finds, and the staff was super friendly (much like everyone else I encountered in Stockholm). Bonus: it's in a neighborhood worth walking around and checking out other stores in.

Great vegan minimarket! - Edit

I had already went to Goodstore in Hornstull and it was quite bigger than this one but it had less products I believe or maybe it's just that the one in Skanegatan has products that you don't find in the other Goodstore like the 9cal pasta, noodle and rice (not that I use them) and many other products....but it's a great store, but really small

Wonderful store! - Edit

This is the best veg store in Stockholm by far. Everything is vegan (sometimes they happened to get something with honey in, but then they have big warning signs). It is run by a family from the green movement in Sweden, and they recently opened another one, a bit larger in Hornstull. Small store that has everything you need. Pricy, yes, but it is GOOD food in all perspectives: vegan, fair trade when possible, ecological when possible.

Pros: Nice helpful staff, Owners CARE, for more than veganism, Have all you need

Expensive - Edit

Let me put it this way: We average income vegetarians don't do our daily shopping here. But sure, they have a great selection (probably the best in town) if you're looking for something that your local supermarket can't handle.

Pros: Selection

Cons: Location, Price

Wrong name. It should be named GREAT STORE - Edit

To my knowledge, everything is vegan there. Including fantastic ice-creams. Great chocolate selection, fake meat and tofu, etc. But one can not do shopping there with average salary, unfortunately.

Pros: great selection

Cons: pricy

Excellent range of vegan products - Edit

This is a small shop, but has a really good range of vegan products - basics to treats. Lots of things we are familiar with in the UK, plus quite a few we hadn't seen before.

Prices are reasonable - similar to in the UK for many things. The staff were friendly and helpful - and advised on a good place to eat in the evening (see O'Mamma Mia).

We'd be in there again - but we're moving on today.

Pros: Good range, Mostly vegan, Helpful staff

Cons: Quite small

A Very, VERY Good Store. - Edit

Really nice store despite it's small size. My only regret is only shopping there once; my schedule getting in the way of things. Lots of vegan items - in jars, packs etc. There's also a section for fresh produce and given the constraints of the shop floor it's very good compared to say the nearby ICA I also patronized. Among the things I purchased my bag held several different versions of soy milk, a big head of lettuce for two suppers, and some hot pasta sauce. Plus my usual soy yoghurt. Unfortunately only plain flavours were available of the latter, but like the store delicious anyhow.

Pros: Wide, abundant range of goodness., Fresh produce section., A Health Surplus.

Small store, great selections - Edit

When I first walked in, I was a little bummed by how small it was. Then I started browsing and found a lot of stuff that I'd never seen elsewhere. Ended up buying a whole bunch of vegan goodies!

Pros: selections

the best store in town - as the name says - Edit

They have it all, and it's mostly vegan. Sausages, tzai, tofu, cheese, EVERYTHING you want to have at home, if you don't eat only vegetables. You must go there. Now.

Return to Stockholm Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Goodstore - Skanegatan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3799 times since Aug 2007.