CLOSED: Goodies

Contact 020145851365

Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 55 (at inside Veganz), Essen, Germany, 45127

Coffee shop and bistro with multiple locations; inside Veganz supermarket, since 2014. Offers vegan soups, salads, bagel, desserts, and cakes plus smoothies, coffee and hotties. SEPT 2016 TEMPORARILY CLOSED - LET HAPPYCOW KNOW WHEN IT RE-OPENS! Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Take-out

First Review by mishalepewpew

Not a happy customer. - Edit

I came to choose Goodies for the first time and I must leave a sad review. Being located in Veganz, I guess it is easy to cater to customers who come to do their vegan shopping. I understand, due to the fact that vegans are happy to take any offering available, it leads to the temptation of trying less hard as their choice of opportunity is short. However, in my opinion, this can lead to missed opportunities in convincing more non-vegans about how good vegan food can be. When I came to Goodies at 2 pm(!), I was told the soup was not ready as it was not defrosted yet. So, the limited choice was even more limited now and I opted for the wraps which sounded interesting in regard to their ingredients. However, the taste was stale. The room upstairs had the charme and warmth of a railway station and there was clutter disturbing the overall ambience. The service left an unmotivated impression to me. It seems sometimes that folks working in vegan places sometimes are happy doing good for animals. This is ok, but please do not forget the people, especially your customers. In addition, if you want to help animals, please do your best to make people feel good about vegan food. Please try harder. And smile. A lot.

Pros: Vegan, Shopping options nearby

Cons: Stale food with very limited choice, Clutter in the seating area, Unwelcoming staff

Goodies Essen - Edit

Das Goodies liegt im Eingangsbereich des Veganz Supermarktes und bietet qualitativ und geschmacklich hochwertiges veganes Essen zum Bleiben oder Mitnehmen. Besonders lecker sind die Bagels und Smoothies. Im ersten Stock ist ein großer Bereich zum Sitzen, der auch für Familien mit kleinen Kindern geeignet ist.

Pros: vegane Goodies

Cons: Öffnungszeiten abhängig vom Veganz

Raw vegan matcha cake - Edit

I had a raw vegan matcha cake and it was tasting like real cheesecake. It was the best vegan cake I've ever ate.
Unfortunately the hot meals they offer are not that great. For me, all wraps were just the same, all of them had Tempeh, Tofu or something else in it. Wish there would be just one with veggies or maybe beans

Pros: excellent raw cake

Cons: small range of hot food, expensive

Return to Essen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Goodies closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1139 times since Jul 2015.