Goodies Cafe - Veganz Schivelbeiner Str

Contact 3044036048

Schivelbeiner Strasse 34 (at Veganz), Berlin, Germany, 10439

Cafe, bakery, and delicatessen located within Veganz supermarket; under Goodies management since 2012. Serves vegan food, fresh baked goods, and espresso drinks. Varied selection of food each day. Sunday is brunch. Mon-Fri 8:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, Bakery, German

First Review by Jukka

Great food, impatient service - Edit

Loved having a vegan option to visit and the food was great. However the service was disinterested and impatient. To be fair though, I think this is just the Berlin attitude; they are all like that.
They did speak good English so there's that. Price was good.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-19

Pros: all vegan, great food, lots of variety, speak English

Cons: impatient, unfriendly

Great place! - Edit

I Loved Goodies and Veganz!!
Great food, great cake... 100% Vegan :) A true paradise... staff were nice, speak English, wifi, very razonable prices...

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-17

Pros: vegan, friendly place and staff, prices and variety

Good vegan food - Edit

We visited a couple of the Goodies Cafes several times while in Berlin, for drinks and lunch, and really enjoyed it.

The food is imaginative and very tasty - and the cakes are wonderful!

If only there was one of these near us.

Pros: Vegan, Tasty, Reasonable prices

worst Goodies in Berlin - Edit

Enttäuschend, was vor allem am Personal liegt, das so gar keine Lust aufs Arbeiten geschweige denn Kunden gut Bedienen hat (eine männliche Ausnahme gibt es zumindest). Hier wird die Grundphilosophie kein Stück transportiert. Im Gegenteil, man wird das Gefühl nicht los, hier herrsche das Motto "wir sind cooler, jünger und Hauptsache vegan". Dumm nur, dass Kunden die Basis für eure Jobs sind und es garantiert Kunden gibt, die sich besser auskennen als ihr es überhaupt anstrebt. Und wenn eine Frage nach Inhalsstoffen wegen Allergiepotential schon lästig ist, dann seht zu, dass ihr alle Schilder im Vorfeld beschriftet, dann müsst ihr keine "blöden Nachfragen" sichtlich gleichgültig unbeantwortet lassen. Das ständige private Rumgeklüngel im Gastbereich kommt zudem komplett unprofessionell rüber. Sollte man hinter den Kulissen abhalten

Pros: vegan food

Cons: service, cleanliness

quick vegan food - Edit

We stopped here to grab a quick breakfast. We had a Mexican burrito and a cinnamon pastry. Both were very good. They had a good selection of pastries, wraps, and bagels. A lot of tofu/fake meat though. The cafe is inside the Veganz store. Next to the store there's another entrance to what looks like where they have brunch.

Pros: quick

Awesome food - as always at Goodies - Edit

I love their inexpensive and yummy food, different milks for the coffee, raw cakes, healthy options, free water (which is not usual in German restaurants).

Pros: free water, raw cakes, healthy

Brunch @ Veganz - Edit

Me and my friend have found out Veganz is having vegan brunches every sunday. For 15 Euro, theres an all you can eat buffet. Water is included. The options are really diverse. You can have Müsli with varioius sorts of nut milks, fruits etc. There is also choice oft pastries and spreads, both sweet and salty. Many salads, very creative. Also warm meals are included. I literally wanted to try everything. So delicious! Worth spending 15 eur.
On the other hand, warm beverages are not included and you need to pay extra for them. I wouldve appreciated filtered coffee or tee included in the price.

Pros: Taste, Variety, All Vegan

Cons: Warm Beverages Not Included

Good place for sweets & drinks. - Edit

Mousse cakes and raw tarts are really good! Salads in boxes were also tasty as well. But all very small in size; especially the sweets. Good place to take a quick rest or grabbing a meal to go. But staff are not so friendly and when you go there around closing time.. it's hard to get anything even though everything is in front of you (the one in Warschauer seemed to be more friendly?)

For shopping, Veganz is quite expensive compared to other organic or healthfood shops. Try Dr. Pogo veganladen for vegan goodies! Though I think the selection of imported vegan meat/dairy substitutes are larger at Veganz.

I was choosing ice cream once at Veganz and had trouble choosing just one flavor.. ended up with Coconut Bliss Almond Fudge, and it was nice but way too sweet and not so special. Next time I'll choose other flavor (green tea and citrus?, berries?) or from Booja Booja brand (also available in Dr.Pogo!)..

Pros: Tasty, Variety

Cons: pricy, small, not so friendly

Good bagels! - Edit

Stopped here for lunch, tried their bagels which were delicious (had some sort of tofu and tempeh fillings with seasonings). Lots of choice and was busy with locals which is always great to see :)

Great place for sweet food! - Edit

Ate here several times during my trip to Berlin. And each time it was a great pleasure! Their cheesecakes are really amazing, light and yummy at the same time, perfectly balanced. Their hot chocolate and their cappucino are also awsome. Besides, they offers good pastries and salads that are practical to take away. A must for breakfast and the afternoon break.

Pros: excellent food, many choices,, friendly staff, pleasant place,, affordable

Love the soft vegan ice cream! - Edit

Over a couple of visits to this location, I had a bagel with marinated tofu slices, hummus, lettuce, €3.9. And my favourite thing: soft eis (ice cream). I would like any flavour. The one I had was a mixed swirl of raspberry and coffee flavours, €2.50. YUM.
Another time I had a piece of avocado-lime pie, €3.50. Another yum.

Pros: vegan soft ice cream, lunch items

Awesome Place - Edit

The storefront has a good selection of foods, and the cafe section serves delicious, good quality food. The price at the cafe is good and the staff is really friendly.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited seatings

Amazing cookies - Edit

I had cinnamon buns and cookies. Both were good, but the bun a bit dry. The cookies were amazing!

The staff was a bit weird and slow, but to be honest I feel like a lot of Germans are, so it was okay. The woman who worked there did help me and was friendly.

Pros: Good value, Good taste

Cons: Slow staff

Quick and tasty - Edit

I ate here a few times because I lived nearby. The coffees are very good, as are the bagel sandwiches and soups. I got a smoothie here one time, and it was excellent. The other time I wanted a green smoothie, and they told me they were out of spinach, which is just funny, because you can easily buy organic spinach in several stores on that street. Beware that they tend to run out of most soup options after lunch. The vegan soft-serve ice cream is to die for - really, much better than you would expect. I also got prepared salads out of the fridge several times, and they were all really good, with creative combinations of grains, vegetables, and fruits. The cafe has free WiFi, and the staff is fairly friendly. They have extra seating in another part of the building, but going there is a bit awkward if you're ordering food here.

Pros: Delicious, Fast, WiFi

Cons: Not cheap, Awkward/limited seating

delicious! - Edit

they offer an great selection of bagels, sandwiches, salads, soups, smoothies, coffees and pastries.
i tried the "veganer Eiersalat" bagel, a bagel with some roasted veggies, a potato salad and one of the smoothies. everything tasted amazingly fresh and delicious.
also the staff was very friendly.
it's a great place to have breakfast. i'll be back for sure next time i visit Berlin.

amazing!!! - Edit

insanely yummy food and great offer!
highlights are: blueberry scone and blueberry cheesecake,chocolate chip cookie, chickpea masala salad and all the wraps and bagels :-)
wanna move to berlin just for this place!!!

perfect lunch - Edit

We had green smoothies and avocado-curry sandwich as a lunch, which were delicious. The coffee was also very good. I liked the pictures of fruit with smiling faces on the bar :) This is the perfect place to have a quick and filling lunch. I wish we would have such a lunchroom near our home.

All-vegan location of Goodies - Edit

Goodies has a small location inside the Veganz shop, and obviously everything at this location is vegan. There is outside seating and a small inside seating area, so finding a table isn't too difficult.

Wraps, sandwiches, ice cream, desserts - they have it all.

Pros: All-vegan, Friendly, Outside seating

Nice cafe in a great vegan corner - Edit

You should go here just to be able to shop vegan shoes, Eco-clothing and buy vegan food in a vegan supermarket - everything within like hundred meters. The cafe is good as well, with friendly staff and good prices. We had a bagel and a smoothie and it was really good.

Pros: Good food, The surroundings, Friendly staff

Absolutely LOVE this place - Edit

Whenever I'm in Berlin, I just wanna have breakfast, lunch and maybe even diner at this cafe. They have the tastiest bagels, wonderful pies (also the raw pies are very good!)and other baked goodies such as cinnamon rolls, and great salads. My boyfriend loves their smoothies and I adore the coffee, though it's a pity that they've cut down the special latte options. I could easily say that this place has the best bagels in the world. You just cannot visit Berlin and not have a meal here!

Pros: love, love their bagels, friendly staff, affordable

Cons: no more peanut butter chocolate lattes, not that many seats during winter

Very convenient store for vegans! - Edit

Veganz is an excellent place to shop, whether it's for everyday groceries or vegan non-food items. There are a lot of vegan meat/dairy alternative products and the choice is overwhelming! They also have products imported from Britain and America, plus salads, juices and sandwiches etc. that you can pick up when you're on the go.

There's also a cafe, brunch at the weekend and a show kitchen where they host events.

There is a rather commercial feeling to this place and it is very much a supermarket in design. The atmosphere is a little clinical. I've had things from the small cafe and have to say it's not such great value. Since the small seating area is next to the door, the atmosphere isn't exactly relaxing and the cafe itself is also the entrance to the supermarket.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 28, 2012

Pros: Wide variety of products, Located in a nice area

Cons: Not the best value, Clinical atmosphere

goodies ist der hammer - Edit

die salate und suppen, sowie die bagels.....alles von goodies im backshop ist der hammer. ich liebe alle sachen, die ich bisher probiert habe und das sind nicht wenig. auch die smoothies sind der hamemr sowie die kaffeekreationen. preislich etwas teuerer aber noch im rahmen.

Sunday brunch at Veganz - Edit

I was lucky to finally go for the weekly Sunday brunch in the middle of December. They had a variety of seasonal dishes (all you can eat) for 12,5€ with drinks extra, which you buy yourself at the coffee in the shop beside. I think this brunch is unique in town and definitely worth a visit, even if the dishes are nothing exceptional special. Or may be I should return in a different season to see what they got ;-). It's good to avoid the rush hour around midday and go a bit later or try to make a reservation. You can combine it with shopping at the first vegan supermarket of Europe beside as it is open on Sundays. If you do so, bring your credit card as it can get pricy and you will want to buy everything ;-). If you understand Portuguese have a look at this review: http://vegberlin.com/2013/01/02/veganz-brunch/#more-205 there are some pics of the brunch as well.

Pros: tasty, vegan, unique

Cons: pricy but simple dishes, drinks self service from different place beside, can get crowded

Just delicious! - Edit

I believe my two friends and me were quite lucky to get a seat - the cafe part is just a fairly small area within this wonderful vegan supermarket. It was not possible to try EVERYTHING the cafe had to offer but we tried our best. And literally EVERYTHING we had was just delicious. I did not yet decide which of all the vegan cakes I ever had was the best, but for sure it was one of those we had at this place. I am usually not too much into raw food, but even the raw vegan cake they had looked and tasted just wonderful. A great place!

Pros: great taste, variety, friendly service

Cons: could have more seats

Want for nothing... - Edit

Of course they have a lot of stuff you also get in a German Bio-Shop. But that makes this place a one-stop-shop for vegans. However, the icing on the cake is the bigger selection in chocolate, in Gummibears (best non-gelantine GBs I ever had in my life). And recently they also added the best vegan parmesan in the world (at least for my taste; Parma). The cafe is on top and serves amazing cake (peanutbutter-chocolate tarte for example), I would appricitae a more sophistaced smootthe selection - if they even plan to extend (only two tables in the cafe area).

Pros: Bigger vegan selection, U.S. imports, Great cake

Cons: Cafe too small for all the cake

Convenient - Edit

Great for any Americans homesick for certain processed vegan items from back home. Desserts from the bakery I had were okay. Prices were just too much for me when I was there as a student.

Small selection but great cakes - Edit

This cafe is a 100% vegan so no question asking about the ingredients is necessary. The selection is not all that huge there is a soup of the day and many different sandwiches, smoothies and fruit dishes. The cakes a phenomenal and there are even raw selections. I had a angel food chocolate cake with cherries and topping there today and it was absolutely fab. I am glad I live so far away because otherwise I would get fat and round there.

Otherwise there are loaves of bread, filled bagels and raw cakes - anything the vegan heart desires!

Pros: 100% vegan, good food, organic

Cons: a bit pricey, worth every penny

nice place! - Edit

The supermarket is small but defiantly fine to have vegan only products without having to read the labels . The little cafe attached to it is cute. The bagels were tasty and fresh , we had a lime tofu bagel with fresh green pesto which was lovely a nice big fresh juice , a nice cranberry cheese cake and a really tasty brownie!
There are only a few tables, but it is a good place for take out if you are in the neighborhood, it is pretty easy to find and get to with public transport or by bike . The staff was sweet and friendly.
Updated from previous review on Thursday October 18, 2012

2 Responses

couldnt stop smiling while browsing - Edit

this is an amazing vegan supermarket! i explored in here for over an hour with the biggest smile on my face.
there are so many crazy amazing things in here that i wish i could have tried!
the faux meat & cheese section will blow your mind!

this place restored my faith in humanity :)

quite good - Edit

maybe because of the previous reviews our expectations were quite high, when we walked into this place to have breakfast - it turned out the cafe was a counter with around 10 places to sit around it and the menu wasnt particularly big -
However, the porride with plums and the bagel with pesto tasted very good, as well as the freshly made smoothie. Maybe a few more warm breakfast items would be great ;)

Wish we had Veganz in London - Edit

Really enjoyed visiting this place. Had an incredible peanut butter and chocolate latte, really nice warm spiced apple drink and possibly the best vegan blueberry muffin I've tasted in my life here. Also managed to pick up some hard to find vegan goodies - like vanilla waffles. The staff were really friendly, and also very kindly gave us some expiring tomato and lentil soup as we were leaving (which was around the time the restaurant shut).

It's also very conveniently next to a vegan shoe shop (Alesu) which gives you a free drink (up to the value of EUR2.50) at Veganz when you buy a pair of shoes from them.

Pros: Great Selection, Next to vegan shoe shop, Friendly Staff

Damn good! - Edit

I went here twice the first time I went to Berlin, and both times it was really good. I can't remember everything I ate because I'm pretty sure I ate a huge amount of stuff, but I do remember having a bagel with spinach, fake salami, fake cream cheese and caponata (so good I had to try to re-create it myself at home), coconut banana bread (ditto), chocolate mousse (really good), and raw yoghurt-style stuff with some raw granola cookie-like things on top (rdtfgbhjsdfgnkm!) I think I also ate some bread rolls from there. They weren't unique or anything, but they do have stuff that's basic like that, too. Supermarket next to it i also awesome!

Pros: Economical from what I recall, Very friendly staff (can speak English), Lots of choices and all vegan

Cons: Not the most convenient location

cozy vegan cafe and bistro - Edit

Was there last week in a hungry mood- and yes they did saved my life. Enjoyed a wonderful quinoa-salad, a chocolate-avocado dessert with cashew-cream on top (all served in compostable container!) and a very yummy almond milk cappuccino. Healthy vean lunch and perfect coffee, what else do you need to be happy.

Pros: healthy, fast, almond milk

Contributions +98

Delicious vegan cake! - Edit

My family and I ate at the cafe after shopping in the supermarket, and had some very tasty treats. Between us we had the chocolate, gluten free cake (which was probably the best), an apricot cheesecake and a strawberry/raspberry mousse cake - the last two were very fresh. We also had some potato roti (greasy but so yummy!) and some savoury mushroom pastry rolls (we came back for more of these for airport snacks when we left). Lovely place, and a busy little atmosphere with the adjacent shop.

Pros: Vegan cake, Lovely staff, Tasty food

Must visit! - Edit

Probably my favorite place in all of Berlin, and man, Berlin is a giant city!
In between a Vegan shoe shop and a Vegan grocery store (also called "veganz", and absolutely amazing), there is this bakery/cafe and I've had breakfast there, but was a bit sad that the food was so filling, because I just wanted to try everything. I had a slice of chocolate-raspberry-coconut cake, which was beyond amazing. They have a variety of cakes, but also bagles and about as many different things as the average "normal" bakery. In addition, they serve a bunch of types of coffee with soy OR ALMOND milk! The smoothies are great. My friend had her first green-spinach-smoothie there, and it was really good.
I honestly can't wait to go back - wanna take all my friends there!

Pros: Variety of amazing baked food, Reasonable prices, Right next to an all-vegan grocery store

Cons: Satisfies hunger too easily ;)

Delicious! - Edit

I had a wonderful quinoa salad and the walnut brownies were to die for - best I've ever had, vegan or otherwise! I also had a raw raspberry cheesecake which was tasty but a little too rich for my taste.

Perhaps the biggest, but not the first - Edit

This could be Europe's biggest food store with only vegan products and of course that in itself is a great thing. It is not however the first as claimed above. Only in Sweden there are two that's been in operation for some years: 'Goodstore' and 'Astrid och aporna' and the latter is amazingly similar to Veganz in design if a bit smaller.

Must shop, must eat! - Edit

Upon entering Veganz, the all-vegan grocery store, your eyes are immediately drawn to the dessert display case. It's full of cakes, breads, cookies and myriad other things. I had a bagel sandwich, with all the fake meaty things and whatnot. It was just what the T Collin Campbell ordered, well maybe not literally. It had oil and was processed, but whatevz. The bagel sandwiches varied from pesto, to tomato pate with salami and lettuce and other fillings. Pretty run-of-the-mill German food, but it was all vegan. So I got to have that cultural experience. Pretty cheap lunch too, for only 3€. A couple days later we had a coconut cake slice, which was yummy too.

Pros: all vegan!, cheap, options

overload - Edit

I was so amazed of the wide offer of vegan goods that I was unable to make a desition and just bought a cheese after 20 minutes.

Althought it's expensive it's very execlusive and you feel good spending money on delicious vegan goods.

Enjoy not reading the ingredients! :)

ok but kinda disappointed - Edit

had some avocado chocolate cake that I didn't like but maybe some will. I thought it was too much avodo taste for me
I love avocado but not in a cake (love avocado sweet smoothie though)
Had also a blueberry scone that was really not tasty at all
yeah I'm sorry but it wasn't

I will however go back to taste other sweets

Small, good cake - Edit

The cafe inside this vegan supermarket is really very small and not exactly comfortable but they have several vegan cakes which makes it worth going there. I had a hot chocolate and some kind of chocolate cake. Both were very good.

Pros: good cake

Cons: very small, not very comfortable

Contributions +45

Shopping without label-reading! Hoorah! - Edit

I was so excited to learn that there was a vegan supermarket in Berlin, I went well out of my way to look for it on my last visit. I'm very glad I did! I went back the next day for more of everything. I'm looking forward to stocking up again when I go back to Berlin in a few days, and bringing orders back for my friends.

I tried a couple of products from the bakery, both were delicious but the chocolate brownie was in a league of its own. I wanted it to last forever. But it didn't, so I went back in and bought another.

I found the staff very friendly and approachable, and they didn't laugh at my badly spoken German!

I'll be back very soon...

Pros: All vegan, Lots of choice, Lots of new products to try

Vegan Paradise ;) - Edit

It's such a good feeling to be grocery shopping without looking at ingrendients lists! I'm very grateful to have Veganz here in Berlin. :)
The Cafe is also very good. I always take a "double-cheese" roll or bagel. Each time I want to try something else but end up taking the cheese thing again cause it's just too good! XD It has cheezly mozzarella on it, vegan cream cheese, fresh tomatoes, and dried tomatoes in oil! And some other greens, too.

Pros: tasty cafe, EVERYTHING vegan, huge variety of goods

Cons: pricey

Fantastic! - Edit

We visited Veganz during our last trip to Berlin and were very happy to find this all-round vegan paradise in the German capital. Their healthy smoothies and vegan hashbrowns are very tasty and all the groceries we bought were delicious: cilantro hummus, tofu spiced like herbed feta, vegan sausage, raw chocolate, and ricemilk chocolate.

Pros: great choice of vegan delights

Inconsistent, Disappointing - Edit

The Cafe: The first time I went, my partner ordered my piece of cake and was given the wrong one. I ate it anyway, and it was good, even better than Vux. He had a bagel sandwich, which he liked but didn't think was better than Vux's. We were pleased. The second Sunday trip was different. My highly anticipated cake was dry as hell and had obviously been sitting out for a very long time. My partner had a cheesecake and coffee. The cheesecake was indescribably bad. It tasted like vanilla pudding dried out in a crust. I told him to send it back, but he is too polite. We both agreed, it was the worst 'cheese'cake we have ever had (even worse than our now second worst 'cheese'cake from Viasko). I had to remind the server to bring his coffee that she had forgottten about. The two staff members didn't really inspire too much confidence, or make me feel happy to give them money. I know it's Berlin, and a Sunday at that, but Veganz is still a new venue that should probably be concerned about building a solid customer base. The store lights were all turned off and it felt like a cheap supermarket cafe during a power outage. When the store was open, the 'cafe' (really just the front section of the store) felt serviceable, but definitely not cosy, and not as marketed in the fliers. But, hey, if the cake rates, who cares? I didn't mind on the first trip, but the second trip made me feel depressed. If I'm in the area, I'll stop by, but I'm sad to say it's not really worth the trip for me. :( Two cows. (based on trips a couple of months ago)

Pros: all vegan, ok coffee, decent selection

Cons: not cheap, chain-market feel, dark, depressing

ExtraVeganza - Edit

I can still hardly believe my luck to have a totally vegan supermarket in Berlin. The bagels and cakes are worth the trip alone. What a joy to walk down the aisles and not have to read if any of the products contain parts of baby cows, pigs sheep, horses or chickens etc. That's right, no gelatin. There is also a vegan show store next door.

Pros: In Berlin, Well stocked, Friendly

Proud to live in the \ - Edit

I really appreciate this shop where I can find many value I never saw in any shops before .
I particularly love the White Chocolate and the cheese :)))
I must admit that there are many products we can find in any other bioshop and some stuffs are way too expensive . But I m happy to find at least 3 or 4 product which are really worth it .

I tryed some bagel and cakes aswell and found them fresh and tasty .
I recommend the caffee corner even it s kind of too small and oft too full to be able to find a place .

The staff is really friendly and smilly m I guess they are happy to work there . Nice aswell to see that many coworkers can assume an alternativ style at work ( tattoos piercing ...)

Pros: Soy cheeses , friendly staff , Vegan cakes

Cons: prices

nomnomnom - Edit

I love Veganz. I had a chai latte and (at least) one slice of cake for breakfast almost every morning while I was visiting Berlin and I was never disappointed. My favourites were the vanilla-speculoos cake and the chocolate/vanilla one with cherries in it. The service was always very friendly and the staff spoke excellent English. I thought that the prices, while not cheap, were quite reasonable given the quality of the food & drinks. The soft serve ice cream was also fantastic! They had a bunch of sandwiches and savory items to choose from each day as well. I tried one of their bagels with fake cheese and it was great. My (omnivore) brother tried one of their bagels with mock deli meat and enjoyed it enough to get one almost everyday. I can't think of anything bad about this place other than that now I'm going to have to research moving to Berlin just so I can eat at Veganz everyday. In all seriousness though, Veganz has delicious food, wonderful staff, is reasonably priced and is all vegan. I can't think of how it could get any better.

Pros: DELICIOUS :), friendly staff, good selection

Veganz - Edit

Great selection of whole fabricated goods like falafel, ch*kenbits (also dressings and what not!) and so on, but a lot of the other stuff can also be bought to a smaller price elsewhere in Berlin. Great selection of vegan Ice-cream! It is a bit pricey but I do think everyone should at least give it a go when in Berlin. It's so refreshing to be able to walk in a store and not having to think about anything except maybe the price!

/S

Pros: Big selection of ready made "meat"-stuff, Easy to find, Vegan friendly makeup and hygieni-stuff

Cons: High prices, A lot of it is not that hard to find, It's to easy to spend a lot there!

Such a great place - Edit

I was thrilled to find this place shortly after arriving in Berlin after a week of fairly thin vegan pickings in another part of Germany. There is lots of interesting stuff in the supermarket (including organic fruit, some of it wild if I understood correctly). After doing some shopping I had a delicious torte type thing in the cafe together with some very good iced coffee - most welcome after a week of watching others consume the omnivorous versions! There were sandwiches and things too, not sure if they serve any hot food but either way it's well worth a visit.

Pros: Delicious vegan cakes, Friendly staff, Interesting part of town

Cons: Could do with being nearer to London ;-)

Good initiative, but room for improvement - Edit

The coffee was divine (though not the cheapest), the brownie was so-so (too dry, though to their credit it was not too sweet). Service was very friendly, with good-faith efforts at serving me in English (even though I spoke German to them:). The seating a bit inelegant, you're sort of relegated to a corner and is not the most comfortable, but overall ok.

Pros: Coffee, Service

Cons: Brownie, Seating

This is something great - Edit

Veganz, wow, this is something so obvious that it makes me wonder why it took for so long that somebody make it really happen here in Europe. Their products are high quality and selection is great. I truly believe that their concept (only vegan products) will work big time and we will see more vegans in other cities and places around the Europe. The atmosphere and service was so great too, it was like going to a friends place for a visit, the hospitality was kind and genuine. Their raw cakes were super good, and their homemade nut cheese. Also smoothies were good, but the list was quite limited (3 options). If you go there test their own made ice-cream (non dairy), it makes your day:) I will definitely go back when I go to Berlin next time.

Pros: Friendly staff, Healthy cuisine, Good atmosphere

Cons: Slippery floor when raining;), Could be more raw products in cafeteria

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Goodies Cafe - Veganz Schivelbeiner Str closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 13559 times since Jul 2011.