Goodies Berlin - Veganz Warschauer Str.33

• Vegan
Contact n/a

Warschauer Str. 33, Berlin, Germany, 10243

Organic coffee shop and bistro with multiple locations. Offers vegan food, desserts and cakes. Beverages include healthy smoothies, coffee, and hotties.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, Bakery, German

First Review by CLRtraveller

Fantastic for shopping & eating in! - Edit

After browsing the shop section, I had lunch at Veganz (they only have a few tables though, so try to arrive early). They offer a wide range of all-vegan food, with an especially diverse choice in wraps and bagels. I had the Mexican wrap, and a blueberry-lemon scone which was out of this world! (Total came in at around 7,5€) The staff is extremely friendly, and they speak perfect english too so ordering won't be a problem for tourists. Store is 1min away from the Bahn station.

Pros: Great unexpensive food -especially the cakes , Very friendly staff, Very easy to get to by metro

It's in a vegan mall! (basically) - Edit

First it was all vegan in a Veganz (all vegan grocery) and there was a vegan shoe store and another vegan restaurant upstairs. It is a lovely place to be. I just wanted to come to this vegan mall every day.
I just got the mexican wrap warmed up. It hit the spot. It gets points for brown rice and whole wheat tortilla. I did not see the hot sauce in front of me but that probably would have made it super good for me because I felt like it was needing some kick.
The internet was a major plus. And there were coffee drinks ,tea drinks, smoothies, kombucha, cold deli case food, breads, sandwiches, baked goods, and raw desserts and cake.
I'm coming back for some cookies and cake for sure.

Pros: great cafe food, next to a vegan grocery (convenient), wifi/bathroom with code

Vitarian cakes to die for - Edit

Bistro is localized inside Veganz store, so you can shop and rest at the same place. Staff attentive and friendly, good English too. Went there for brunch twice, Had bbq tempeh bagel ( really tasty bbq mayo) and raw nut"cheese"cake first time and wraps (half mexican, half caesar) both really appetizing and packed with veggies for the second time. Coffies were decent too. We couldnt resist that cake again….
It was raw dates/almonds base then insanely indulgent cashew/coconutcream flavoured with mint leaves "cheesecake" layer covered with raspberry puree. Everything garnished with crushed pistacchios and physalis.
If you go there for a quick bite dont forget to treat yourself with their desserts! you will not regret it ( or you will ;-))

Pros: great bagels, great raw desserts, wide selection of beverages

Cons: none

good option - Edit

there are obviously better places nearby, but this is still a great option.
plenty of healthy options to eat in or take out. a lot prepared that day so fresh, but quick to get if you're in a rush.

Pros: plenty of options, healthy, quick

It's ok, but there are better places nearby - Edit

I stopped there for a quick bite after my first shopping on Veganz. Food was good, but not fantastic. I tried the smoothie, it was so sweet that I could not finish. Most of the people working there are nice and friendly, but one of the girls was in a terribly bad mood and unfortunately she was the one I ordered with. Lucky me! =P

Great place - Edit

Attached to Veganz and Avesu shoes, this wonderful café offers a wide selection of food and drinks. We had a great breakfast here, a little more expensive than other places in Berlin. The staff were very friendly.

Good and healthy food - Edit

Great place for breakfast, luch or to have a little cake. Coffees, bagels, wraps, soups cakes, juices, smoothies, breakfast cereals and some sweet snacks. This place has lots of nice healthy vegan stuff to get you through the day, some with unusual but great combinations of flavors. Very friendly service by young hip people, overall the place has a little bit of a yuppie vibe but not too bad. Seating is a bit small so during busy hours you might have to wait or get food for takeaway.

Pros: Healthy, Inventive stuff

Cons: Little bit pricey

Good but pricey - Edit

I went here several times and everything always looks very tempting so I can not pass without buying anything. However, some cakes have been great others not so. I do like their winter specials (try the hot apple pie drink!). It is a little bit expensive for Berlin standards.

Pros: much choice, Original specials, Perfect location

Cons: a bit expensive

one of my favorit veggie eateries - Edit

The Location in the Veganz Building is seducing me all the time to buy one the the delicious Smoothies after shopping at the Veganz Super Market. They also have warm drinks in winter with Matcha, or home made sugar free Chai

Pros: amazing smoothies, almond milk option, many glutenfree options

Cons: salad bit expensive for this portion

Big City Vegan - Edit

Lotsa very well prepared and as well tasting stuff: Bagels, bread, scones, cakes, cookies, soups (soups all containing garlic, however), wraps (most of them containing garlic), good coffee, smoothies...you can eat & drink there all day ;) .

Staff is not the friendly, peaceful vegan crowd from small towns but recruites big city cool / hip persons who do not smile if they can avoid it. Atmoshere is peacefoul, though.

Inside no cozy chairs or similar; outside, you can sit in the sun at large, wooden tables.

Can very easily be reached coz is located straight at a major subway (S-Bahn) station ('Warschauer Str.').

Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 27, 2015

Very good internet!

Pros: Variety of AAA food & drinks, Centrally located, Vegan supermarked next door

Cons: slightly nose up, no 'cozy' sitting

Excellent but a bitexpensive - Edit

I really enjoy eating here. It is the vegan version of the older Goodies a few blocks down in the direction of Frankfurter Tor.
The guys are very friendly, the readymade salads are excellent, the super food smoothies are all great so far. It's a nice atmosphere, great seating, if a bit small indoors. Don't come with a crowed unless the weather is fine. There's a super market attached that's even opened on Sundays via the restaurant. Goodies is self-service, with sufficient selection, working wifi, and clean. The prices could be a little lower, though. As a tourist is't fine (I'm here every morning for breakfast), as a resident I wouldn't come here that often.

Pros: salads, smoothies

Cons: slightly expensive, small inside

Perfect vegan place! - Edit

Really cute place with extremely nice staff, the presentation of the sandwiches and desserts is appetising and the portions are good. A great place to hang out and enjoy vegan food (in the sun too!)

Delicious smoothies and croissants! - Edit

My boyfriend is a big croissant fan and swears by this one. I just love the variety of smoothies they have. "get up and goji" is excellent! Plus there's a great atmosphere and tasty options for hot drinks, soups, cakes and salads.

Great place for a quick bite! - Edit

What a great little place to be in existence! They have a great selection of sandwich/pastry/wraps as well as cakes/cookies/slices (and some are gluten-free!) Also available are a range of salads to go (also clearly labelled gluten-free and/or other dietary restrictions). An extensive range of warm and cold drinks are also available with various curious flavours to be tried.

Pros: Gluten-free products available, yummy and inexpensive, friendly staff.

Impressive cake - Edit

Goodies is the perfect place to get a quick lunch, or to grab something to takeaway. There is a variety of wraps, bagels, sandwiches and pastries. I wouldn't recommend the sweet potato BBQ bagel as there was no hint of BBQ on it, but the beet falafel was beautiful, as was the vegetable rosti. The cakes were the real highlight though: the chocolate and walnut torte was so rich and delicious, it was the best cake of the holiday.

Pros: Excellent desserts, Good lunch options

Great! - Edit

Good bagels, ice cream and coffee! Perfect place to have breakfast before you go upstairs to shop vegan shoes, and then get a snack at Veganz before you go out and do whatever else you have planned for the day.

Not yet convinced - Edit

The top location central in Friedrichshain is a plus but to be honest we didn´t like the food and shakes too much. Nevertheless there is a good value for money. The staff wasn´t really friendly and kind of pissed off :(

Nevertheless I would try it again maybe it was just a bad day for everyone and I also couldn´t try the sweet stuff so maybe this would have been better :)

Pros: location, good value for money

Cons: unfriendly staff, not that tasty

Delicious Desserts! - Edit

After shopping at Veganz, I came across the Goodies cafe just past the cash registers. Don't let the appearance fool you; it almost resembles a school cafeteria, but the desserts were gourmet and absolutely fantastic. Everything was presented beautifully, and just one bite proved how delicious vegan desserts can be. I tried the lemon torte there, and it was so much like a cheesecake, but better! I only wish I'd found it sooner, because I would have gone back for more (and I wouldn't have filled up on more desserts before :P). A must visit if you're in Berlin!

Pros: gourmet desserts, lots of selection

Cons: none :)

Two different experiences - Edit

I was there in July The food is German style, breads, bagels with fillings, soup and cakes. I ate there twice in two days and the experiences were rather different. It came down to the folk staffing the cafe. first time I was served by a friendly woman who was patient and helpful throughout. talked us through options and warmed up our bagels and wraps and chatted a bit with interest in us. Second time was a guy who hardly spoke, seemed disconnected and surprised that we wished our bagels to be warmed even though its common there. During waiting at the counter for our order a woman working there went to our food took it out of the grill and served it up. There wasn't any communication between her and our initial guy who was serving she just did it! She wasn't friendly at all and looked stressed, nervous. Our food was cold and less flavoursome than before. She came by later to take our plates and glasses away before we had finished too. So i would like her to chill out. overall I think we were lucky to get a friendly chilled person first time as I noticed the majority of the time the staff seem uninterested in people that come there and seem very self conscious that they work in a trendy hip store. I tried to find out how it is to work there maybe they were stressed or underpaid? what ever it needs addressing for sure. Cakes were very good. Mango torte is a must. Wraps were fine but lacked a kick. Try the fast Rabbit for a very tasty home made wrap.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 03, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 03, 2014

Pros: accessible menu, great cakes, OK value

Cons: Staff can seem unfriendly, Wraps need more flavour

perfect for a breakfast! - Edit

Perfect place to have vegan breakfast in Berlin! Different kinds of bagels, cakes, puddings, porridges, smoothies. I was so happy I've found this cafe during my stay in Berlin. They also have different salads to take out. The cappuccino was delicious!

Great Variety of food and drinks - Edit

Visited this cafe just before leaving Berlin. Located right off the trainstop and inside the Veganz grocery store. Great variety of burritos, bagel sandwiches, ready made salads, pasta and desserts. Had a great pumpkin seed bagel with hummus and roasted veggies, avocado/mint/lemon smoothie and chocolate berry muffin. Also had a cookie and croissant with chocolate for the road. Limited seating indoors but plenty of outdoor seating. Also has soups and ice cream.

Pros: Friendly staff, Variety of options , Very close to trainstop

Small but good! - Edit

Just a small lunch-time cafe, this is a handy addition to the Veganz shop. Serving typical foods with nice cakes and drinks, we enjoyed spending time here watching the world go by out the big windows. Good coffee, limited seating!

Pros: good coffee and cake

Cons: limited seats indoors (if its cold)

Goodies for dummies! - Edit

Had a stop here in the afternoon and chose a hot chocolate and some pastries. Everything was perfect and really yummy. Besides, you can have a stop at Veganz or at a vegan shoes store, level 1 of the same building. A very cool vegan area!

Pros: excellent food, affordable, crazy hot chocolate, friendly staff, practical location

Really good food - Edit

I had a tofu bagel, and a takeaway potatoes-greenbeans meal for €4.20, and avocado-chocolate-cashew creme for €3. Ice cream was not ready/available when I was there. Everything is very tasty.
(I didn’t realize there was a Goodies a bit farther up the street.)

Pros: good food

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Goodies Berlin - Veganz Warschauer Str.33 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7281 times since Oct 2013.