First Review by cinnamon girl

Almond Butter - Edit

Long standing favourite for harder to find dry goods and I'm obsessed with thier almond butter, a big tub doesn't last me long. Stocks lots of probiotic things too eg kombucha.

Pros: Nice staff

Cons: Inside central market building

Not everything is vegan but plenty of ingredients - Edit

I needed some nuts to make my raw cheezecakes at the last moment and I lived in the countryside so that was the only place. The nuts were expensive according to me.

I hope they can get more vegan food there.

Cons: expensive nuts

Awesome wraps - Edit

I love their vegan and gluten free wraps! so filling and cheap. Packed full of salad and legumes/quinoa, super tasty. Also they have a large range of products to buy :)

Pros: Take away food , Good price, Nice staff

Cons: Expensive products

A review on Goodies and Grains - Edit

This is a fabulous store! I highly recommend it. All those tricky ingredients for the new vegan, you will find here. The staff are so very lovely and helpfull. I go there once a week to stock up on their very name, "Goodies and Grains"!

Pros: Friendly, Extensive range, Healthy

Cons: Takes a while to learn where things are

Great Organic Juice - Edit

My first time in Adelaide and I was pelasantly surprised that there was a vegetarian and vegan health food store right in the middle of the biggest market in the city. Well done guys on promoting vegetarian and veganism cause!

I stop over here almost everyday to get my organic juice fix. Most fo their fruits are organics. My favourite was apple,carrot, spinach, and pinapple juice for only $7.50 X-Large size. $4.50 regular size and $5.50 Large Size. Great value!

Great service with a smile too by the staff. They all looked happy to work in this store. Everyone treated the store as their own business. One day I didnt see spinach left on their bainmarie and they were happily finding me spinach from the back storeroom. Nothing too difficult for them.

This store is situated in the big Adelaide Central Market and somweher in the fringe. There are many entrance doors to the market and can be confusing even for someone who has been visiting many times.
A must visit when you are in Adelaide.

Pros: fresh organic juices, friendly service, good price & location

Cons: the store location can be confusing

Essential - Edit

This is a great shop, with so much vegetarian, vegan, organic, fair trade and bulk produce. From the mundane to the obscure, I can almost always find what I need there. Also has a good range of natural health and beauty products.

Pros: huge range, bulk foods are good value

Cons: small refrigerated section

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Goodies and Grains closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1707 times since Aug 2007.