Good Rebel

• Vegan-store Veg Store
  • Vegan
647-344-9411

1591 Dundas St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6K 1T9

100% vegan, cruelty-free grocer specializing in meats, cheeses, artisanal provisions & fresh snacks. Social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook): @goodrebelvegan Open Wed-Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm.

First Review by drubot

You can't go wrong here - Edit

The owners are just as freat as the food options they offer. They are very knowledgeable and offer a great varity.

Lovely staff and good selection - Edit

A bit out of the way but worth it for those specialist requirements. As a bonus, it's reasonably priced and the staff are so sweet. They also sell clothes as well as food.

Pros: Staff, Selection

Cons: Location

vegan grocery store? Wow! - Edit

Great place to get specialty vegan foods. So happy to have an all vegan grocery store in Toronto!

Great Selection, Over Priced - Edit

I want to support them more, I get how tough it is to keep afloat in a vegan market like this. They have a fantastic selection of stuff you can't get anywhere else, but their markup is sometimes nuts.

If you have the scratch please check them out. They're good people. But if your budget is tight you can get some of what they offer cheaper elsewhere.

Pros: Loads of rare vegan goods, Helpful staff

Cons: Expensive

An ALL VEGAN Store on Dundas West! - Edit

It's so good to have an all-vegan store back in Toronto. I mourned the closing of the vegan store on Bloor (don't remember the name) and the vegan store on St-Laurent in Montreal, so it seems like a tricky business mode to pull off long-term. I hope Good Rebel can go the distance!

First, the good: I walked in here and literally found no fewer than THREE products that I'd been looking for at various health food stores across the city (and beyond) for MONTHS. If there's a vegan thing that you can't find elsewhere, they might just have it here. (For the record, the things I was looking for were Field Roast Fieldburgers—the best veggie burgers around—Silk Hazelnut Almond Creamer, and the new Go Max Go bar, 2fer (based on Twix). You better believe I walked out of there with a smile on my face and my backpack full of fulfilled vegan dreams.

I really like the Good Rebel merch that they have had made: the hats with their "chick" logo are really nice, and the "TOFU VS EVERYBODY" (a take on the "TORONTO VS EVERYBODY" shirts you see everyone wearing around the city) are clever and awesome. I wasn't expecting "exclusives" of this variety when I walked in, so it was a cool surprise! I wouldn't mind seeing more vegan shirts (BEET X BEET, Compassion Co, Herbivore) in the future.

The downside, which you might expect, is that prices are going to run a bit higher than you might encounter at a health food store in Kensington. You probably aren't going to grab your staples here, but just those items you can't get elsewhere. That said, Dandies marshmallows were actually priced lower than I'd EVER seen them anywhere else ($3.15 a bag, including the pumpkin-flavoured ones!). The shelves are also not bursting with stuff just yet, but it's new and I'm more than willing to give them time!

I don't often get to this part of town—Dundas West, between Landsdowne and Ossington—but whenever I do, I'll stop in Good Rebel every time from now on.

Pros: A lot of products you won't find anywhere else, Super nice owners, Great neighbourhood

Cons: Mostly pretty expensive, Lots of items you can get at any health food store

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Good Rebel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.