Good Life Cafe

803-454-3516

1614 Main St, Columbia, South Carolina, USA, 29201

Raw food cafe specializing in raw, vegan, and organic food with gluten-free and nut-free options. Previously at Leaphart Rd, West Columbia. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Fusion, All Raw

First Review by RosemaryThompson

BEST KALE SALAD EVER! - Edit

Their house kale salad is amazing. Please get it. The eggplant bacon wrap was really filling as well. The Reuben is not worth the money, basically a friend wonton wrap with tempeh. But THE KALE SALAD!! Get the kale salad. You won't regret it.

Pros: KALE SALAD

Cons: really pricey

Absolutely Amazing!!! - Edit

Beautiful setting, wonderful staff, and the food is incredible!

FABULOUSLY DELICIOUS - Edit

Found this place whilst wandering the downtown area on New Years Eve, had an unbelievably delicious drink (cold-pressed juice and vodka), experienced impeccable and friendly service, and vowed to come back for brunch the next day.

We did...and it did not disappoint! Been plant-based since June 2012, and I've never had such an amazing brunch! Bought one of nearly everything on the menu to try and even purchased items from the cooler to take home. EVERYTHING WAS FANTASTIC!

Great place in Colombia, SC - Edit

This place was amazing! I loved the atmosphere and the food!

Pros: atmosphere, delicious, great customer service

Cons: none, none, none

My favorite vegan brunch spot - Edit

Excellent restaurant. I'm a huge fan of the Saturday and Sunday brunch.

Just Wonderful! - Edit

We had brunch on a Sunday. There were many options that were new to me, as well as staple comfort food, all vegan of course. The Organic Scramble Platter was delicious and plenty of food. I had to get a box to go. Our server was friendly and very good at his job. This was an excellent little vegan cafe that we will visit again.

Pros: All vegan

I wish it were where I live - Edit

Everything I ate here was so good!! It was my first gourmet raw experience. I asked if they made a cookbook, but alas, they did not. The flavors were so amazing that even people who think they are omnivores would enjoy it. I look forward to going back when I'm in the area.

Pros: Amazing Flavors, Friendly Staff, Great Atmosphere

Cons: Recipes Are Secret

Wish I had tried this place sooner! - Edit

Was recommended to go here by so many people...so glad to finally get here and try it. The food is incredible and the staff are friendly. Great location centrally located in Columbia on Main Street. Seriously amazing, y'all! :)

Delicious and different - Edit

I have been to GLC three times. I have had the tacos and the queso (amazing), the BBQ burger (very savory and delicious, but no bun of any kind), and the burrito bowl (very good, but would be better if they used coconut-cilantro brown rice, rather than white rice, which is very heavy and starchy). The staff are friendly and the atmosphere is comfortable.

Pros: generous portions, friendly staff

Cons: on the pricey side

My go-to Columbia restaurant - Edit

This is literally the first restaurant I visit whenever I come to Columbia for work ... And I often get lunch to-go from here as well during my stay.

My favorite menu items are the lasagna and the the burger of the day -- they are HUGE in terms of serving size and very filling. The almond butter bacon sandwich and the eggplant bacon wrap are also very good if you want something hand-held. If you can't decide what to pick, you can do the sample plate that includes small servings of three entrees and three sides. It was too much for me to eat in one sitting, but I got lunch the next day out of it too!

Their smoothies and desserts are substantial and definitely worth trying. However, I'm only giving them 4 stars because most of their smoothies contain bananas, and the past three times I've visited (months apart) they were out of them!! They seriously need to stock up. Otherwise, this is my go-to spot in Columbia. Check it out!

Pros: Large portions, Wide variety of menu options, Not too oily or salty (unlike some other raw resta

Cons: A bit expensive, They often run out of menu items/ingredients

Pretty Great Place! - Edit

I have been a good few time to Good Life now. My first time was actually not the best, as I think me and my fiancé ordered items we just didn't care for at the same time by accident. I say that because every time we have been back since has been amazing! The first time I got the Eggplant Bacon Wrap, which while had good reviews, did not do much for me. My fiancé got the Mushroom Nori Wrap and I thought it smelled odd and could not pallet it. Since then though, we have gotten the tacos, which are OUT OF THIS WORLD! We have also gotten the stuffed Portobello, queso, and many of their sides. It is great! I am strict vegan but not raw vegan, this is a fun place to go for a change of pace and a unique take on delicious food.

swanky digs, great service, groovy music - Edit

Staff warm and inviting. Kat was welcoming and engaging. Great menu with off list specials. Will definitely return

no sugar vegan - Edit

wONDERFUL STAFF AND FRESH FOOD. SO DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY DONT CARRY SUGAR..?? JUST SIMPLE SUGAR.... :(

Pros: LOCATION, SERVICE, OUTDOOR SEATING

Cons: PRICE, NOT HAVING SUGAR, MENU CHOICE

Great Raw! - Edit

Flew into the Columbia airport on a business trip to Augusta and made a detour to eat at the Good Life Cafe. We ate there last year and loved it....but the location close to the airport was closed. We like it so much that we made the trek downtown to the new and improved city center location. The new location is more up-scale and has a liquor license. We both had a sampler and...just like last year...the food was fantastic and we left stuffed. I wish they would move to Northern VA.

Pros: Amazing food, Liquor license, up-scale decor

GREAT stop for Vegan Travelers! - Edit

It's very hard to find good, REAL vegan food on our travels throughout the south. Far too many places offer a freezer-burned soy burger and call it "dinner". So this place was just a healthy food palace in a sea of buttered and bacon-ed everything along our trip.

The staff is super-friendly, and the food was delicious. The portions are very generous, and both of us left very full and satisfied. A bit more expensive than a typical sandwich shop - but you're eating organic, well-prepared food. Definitely worth it.

If you're looking for a healthy dining option in Columbia, give them a try! Grab a box of kale chips on your way out, and try not to eat them all in one sitting!

Pros: Great Vegan Fare, Generous Portions, Friendly Staff

All in all it was good - Edit

We love raw food and were both raw for a while when transitioning into a vegan diet so we have tried a lot of raw dishes. We ordered the "wedge salad" which was supposed to be a wedge of butterleaf lettuce(my fav) however it was mixed greens(none of which were butter leaf) and the blue cheese dressing was bland for what it could have been, the eggplant strips were great that came on it, this dish was disappointing as it didnt come as described. we also orederd the "trio plate" as an app which was great, the pimentoless cheese was my favorite of the 3. We also ordered their burger special which was great in texture. The service was great.

Pros: use organic produce, pure, healthy

Cons: food didnt come as described , dining room wasnt very comfortable

Wonderful place! - Edit

Interesting menu, many options, super delicious and healthy! Service is absolutely perfect: very fast, friendly, enough attention for every detail, if you come just a couple of minutes before their closing time, you still will have a great dinner. For a raw food venue, their prices are rather cheap. I'm so greatful that they exist!!

Pros: fast and caring, good choise, good price

FAVE Restaurant - Edit

No offense, but to one of the diners clearly you haven't spoken with the owner that much. She always comes out to greet everyone and whenever she comes to my table and we speak, she is always SO knowledgable. Speaking with her, she once stated that she had 22 years of experience so from my point of view she has SO much experience. Also, not everything has nuts in it so you can always get something without nuts, not to mention that I feel absolutely wonderful after I eat there. I did the juice fast they offer and I HIGHLY recommend it, I lost 10 pounds! I've eaten raw food from CA and this wins by far every time. SO good! My husband and I had heard of this restaurant from Facebook and decided to give it a try. My husband is a complete meat and potatoes guy and I am a vegetarian. We tried the sample plate with popping pad thai, tasty tamale pie, and the terrific tacos (very popular). Also got the succulent spring rolls. Seriously everything we tried here was PHENOMENAL. My husband never really has the taste for anything healthy but when the plates came our mouths were already watering and when we ate it...absolutely exquisite. He said, by far, it was one of his favorite restaurants. I highly suggest what we got and we will definitely visit again. This really is a MUST try. Absolutely delicious. Can't wait to revisit!

Pros: excellent food , Lots of food, Friendly staff

Return to Columbia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Good Life Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.