Good Karma Medley

Offers a daily vegetarian lunch plate that includes salad, a drink, and a sweet. The only thing that is non-vegan is paneer. Sells some natural foods and gift shop items in addition to lunch. In 2015 relocated from 412 Pass Rd. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by minnierv

so gross - Edit

Eating here was like living out a particularly hellish episode of Kitchen Nightmares. They have a set menu with no choices. It sounds great, doesn't it? $11 for an entire meal-salad, soup, A main course, and a cookie to top it all off. The menu is entirely vegan. However, the quality of the food is worth much less than the $11 price tag that comes along with it. The salad was dowsed in a really disgusting sweet tasting mustard dressing. It also had some sharp crunchy things in and they didn't complement the tastes and also hurt my mouth as I eat it. This soup, which was a kale lentil soup, was well over cooked in the kale had turned brown because it had been on the burner for way too long. Probably the entire day. A server asked if I would like a Samosa, and it wasn't made clear to me that that was an extra charge I found a three dollar charge on top of the meal itself. This Samosa is literally some potato curry wrapped in a calzone style bready crust and is served with a ketchup and cumin seed dip. The dip was absolutely disgusting. I would be a shame to serve this to anybody I know. The main course itself was absolutely atrocious-some over cooked rice with burnt garbanzo beans served with papadum cracker that is obviously bought at a store not cooked on site, and a curry that was absolutely Carandis. I couldn't wait to get out. There was also a dish that tasted like soggy bread with that ketchup cumin seed topping on it. I really regret not going to the authentic Indian restaurant about a mile down the road. I was passing through on a trip from New Orleans and thought I would stop in support of vegan friendly restaurant. I really really would not suggest anybody eat here. If you have low standards for food quality then please eat here- you'll love this place.

Pros: vegan meals

Cons: poor food quality , poor flavor profiles, overpriced for what you get

Like A Safe Harbor - Edit

I came upon Good Karma Medley as I was passing through Gulfport, MS on my way to Alabama. Since I'm vegan, I didn't intend to stop in Mississippi for lunch but hunger called and I found this place after Googling the area's vegetarian offerings.

I was very surprised to find a vegetarian Indian restaurant in the middle of Deep South, but very pleased. Unfortunately, I arrived just as the place was closing for the day...I didn't know that they serve lunch until it runs out.

Luckily, after talking with the owner, she very kindly put together a plate for me and threw in some cookies too. The food was tasty - even though she said it wasn't a full meal, just a combination of leftover sides. She also served me a very interesting cinnamon tea.

The owner allowed me to stay and eat my meal as they cleaned up/closed up. I was really grateful because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have found anything as tasty, healthy or vegan friendly nearby.

Pros: The owner is very nice, Lunch and dessert was tasty

Cons: They don't have a set closing time

A loving experience - Edit

I brought my 3 children with me and we had the best experience. The service was very accepting and welcoming.

Pros: warm, inviting, comfortable, laid back, healthy food

Cons: no choices, must eat from daily plate

New Regular - Edit

THis resturant is now on my list of regular stops. Really enjoyed the food and friendliness of the service. A full meal - beverage, salad, soup, entree, bread and dessert less than $10.00.

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy , Value

Out of this world. - Edit

The food is out of this world; literally. The love and devotion for Krishna which they put into everything they make makes every delicious morsel a spiritual experience. I only wish they were open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The gift shop is great too, and so are the cooking classes.

THE FOOD HERE IS FANTASTIC! - Edit

Delicious food. If you like slightly (not overly) spicy food, you will love the food here. Great variety of dishes throughout the week. Very nice people that want you to leave satisfied. Great price. So happy that there is now a place to get a wonderful Vegetarian meal in Gulfport. Give it a try. I promise you won't miss the meat!

Pros: Wonderful flavors, Great portions, Great price

Cons: Can't even think of 1

Return to Gulfport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Good Karma Medley closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.