Good Karma Cafe

228-896-7545

2346 E Pass Rd, Gulfport, Mississippi, USA, 39507

Prasada vegetarian lunch. Vegetarian Indian restaurant serving a daily vegan lunch plate, plus soup, salads, pastries and samosas. May close earlier if food is sold out. Mostly vegan except for paneer (cheese). Sells some natural foods and gift shop items in addition to lunch. Moved here in 2015 from 412 Pass Rd. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Indian, Take-out, Asian, Catering

First Review by minnierv

Great meal and excellent service! - Edit

Had a chance to visit Good Karma while I was in Gulfport for Spring Break. I dragged my family there because I was determined to have one meal I would enjoy instead of eating salad.

Everything we got tasted great. There were several courses and we had salad, soup, main entree and dessert.

Look forward to visiting again when I'm in the area.

Pros: Entire Meal was vegan, Kids eat free!

Cons: Only open for lunch, No way to break up the order and just get one thin

DELICIOUS - Edit

I have been eating at this cafe since day one...many years ago. The key is to get here early! The meal is homemade and limited. Once they sell-out, they are closed for the day. The menu is seasonal and absolutely changes from day to day depending on what vegetables/fruit are harvested. I personally enjoy the easiness of the meal and not having to decide what to order each time. The owner is a welcoming presence willing to let you sample any of the dishes. The dressing is made on site which is a plus, forget the ranch, french and other processed dressings. This dressing has mustard, nutritional yeast and Eastern spices. Salad, soup, grain, veggie dish, bread, papadam bean chip, chutney and dessert for around $10...cruelty free too! But, if you come late and there's nothing left...don't say I didn't warn you!

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-03

Pros: cruelty-free, seasonal vegetables, flavorful spices

Satisfied - Edit

I eat at Good Karma Cafe whenever am in the area at the right time. The people are nice, the food is good, the service excellent and no hassles. Love it ! One complaint is they're not open for breakfast nor dinner, ah a bummer.......

Pros: tasty & healthy food , peaceful almost scared atmosphere, Indian-American-Asian

Cons: short hours

so gross - Edit

Eating here was like living out a particularly hellish episode of Kitchen Nightmares. They have a set menu with no choices. It sounds great, doesn't it? $11 for an entire meal-salad, soup, A main course, and a cookie to top it all off. The menu is entirely vegan. However, the quality of the food is worth much less than the $11 price tag that comes along with it. The salad was dowsed in a really disgusting sweet tasting mustard dressing. It also had some sharp crunchy things in and they didn't complement the tastes and also hurt my mouth as I eat it. This soup, which was a kale lentil soup, was well over cooked in the kale had turned brown because it had been on the burner for way too long. Probably the entire day. A server asked if I would like a Samosa, and it wasn't made clear to me that that was an extra charge I found a three dollar charge on top of the meal itself. This Samosa is literally some potato curry wrapped in a calzone style bready crust and is served with a ketchup and cumin seed dip. The dip was absolutely disgusting. I would be a shame to serve this to anybody I know. The main course itself was absolutely atrocious-some over cooked rice with burnt garbanzo beans served with papadum cracker that is obviously bought at a store not cooked on site, and a curry that was absolutely Carandis. I couldn't wait to get out. There was also a dish that tasted like soggy bread with that ketchup cumin seed topping on it. I really regret not going to the authentic Indian restaurant about a mile down the road. I was passing through on a trip from New Orleans and thought I would stop in support of vegan friendly restaurant. I really really would not suggest anybody eat here. If you have low standards for food quality then please eat here- you'll love this place.

Pros: vegan meals

Cons: poor food quality , poor flavor profiles, overpriced for what you get

2 Responses

SurataniBerg 02 Mar 2017 - Hi Katie, I work several days a week at Good Karma. I don't know if I was there the day you came. I would like to apologize, im so sorry you had a bad experience.
I will take all the criticism, as harsh as it may be, and improve all the things you had problems with.
I would like to say all our veggies come from A local farm which is all organic and non gmo. That is part of the reason for the cost.
Thank you for your honesty. I wish you had a better visit.

JohnnyB 02 Mar 2017 - It's just the opposite for me and am there a lot.
Charlie

Like A Safe Harbor - Edit

I came upon Good Karma Medley as I was passing through Gulfport, MS on my way to Alabama. Since I'm vegan, I didn't intend to stop in Mississippi for lunch but hunger called and I found this place after Googling the area's vegetarian offerings.

I was very surprised to find a vegetarian Indian restaurant in the middle of Deep South, but very pleased. Unfortunately, I arrived just as the place was closing for the day...I didn't know that they serve lunch until it runs out.

Luckily, after talking with the owner, she very kindly put together a plate for me and threw in some cookies too. The food was tasty - even though she said it wasn't a full meal, just a combination of leftover sides. She also served me a very interesting cinnamon tea.

The owner allowed me to stay and eat my meal as they cleaned up/closed up. I was really grateful because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have found anything as tasty, healthy or vegan friendly nearby.

Pros: The owner is very nice, Lunch and dessert was tasty

Cons: They don't have a set closing time

A loving experience - Edit

I brought my 3 children with me and we had the best experience. The service was very accepting and welcoming.

Pros: warm, inviting, comfortable, laid back, healthy food

Cons: no choices, must eat from daily plate

Happy Mouth - Edit

Full of flavor and wonderful experience. I haven't day down to a four course meal in a very long time.

New Regular - Edit

THis resturant is now on my list of regular stops. Really enjoyed the food and friendliness of the service. A full meal - beverage, salad, soup, entree, bread and dessert less than $10.00.

Pros: Excellent Food, Healthy , Value

The only place I eat - Edit

The food is awesome and the people are friendly. It's the only place I eat (besides home).

Out of this world. - Edit

The food is out of this world; literally. The love and devotion for Krishna which they put into everything they make makes every delicious morsel a spiritual experience. I only wish they were open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The gift shop is great too, and so are the cooking classes.

THE FOOD HERE IS FANTASTIC! - Edit

Delicious food. If you like slightly (not overly) spicy food, you will love the food here. Great variety of dishes throughout the week. Very nice people that want you to leave satisfied. Great price. So happy that there is now a place to get a wonderful Vegetarian meal in Gulfport. Give it a try. I promise you won't miss the meat!

Pros: Wonderful flavors, Great portions, Great price

Cons: Can't even think of 1

Return to Gulfport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Good Karma Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.