Good Karma Cafe

Contact 504-401-4698

2940 Canal St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70119

Vegan cafe located on the first floor of Swan River Yoga, since Dec 2014. Offers a mix of cuisines: upma with coconut chutney (a traditional South Indian savory dish made of cream of wheat), Malaysian curry, salads, sandwiches, wraps, teas and coffee. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Indian, International, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by Drumila Dasa

Absolutely delicious - Edit

Get to Good Karma asap. Delicious reasonably priced food, lovely decor, super friendly staff. I had an awesome bowl of curry with all sorts of tasty bits mixed in. I also got a fresh juice that was fantastic and they had sweets that are out of this world. I went with the lavender cake amd was very happy with it. You go to the counter and place your order and they bring it tonyou when it's ready.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly

Cons: Wish they had more hours

CAFE at Yoga Studio - Edit

Very nice Indian food, all vegan, inspired by Buddhist/ Hindu culture. Breakfast and lunch, Saturday dinner as of June 2015. Order at the counter from helpful, friendly staff. Their upma was very good, as was the fresh salad. House baked desserts with lavender and some raw. Fresh squeezed juices, coffee, tea. Very pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. An easy trolley ride from downtown on Canal Street. Reasonable prices.

Pros: good, healthy food, very nice vibe

Cons: limited menu and hours

Delicious Confident Vegan Dining - Edit

Serenity washes through me when I enter a restaurant knowing I will be having a delicious and a healthy experience, confident I can choose any menu item and it will be vegan. That was the reality of my visit today at Good Karma Cafe. I had their delicately flavored 5 Bean Soup plus Chai Tea. Terrific! My granddaughter's veggie burger was exquisite. I will definitely be excited to return on my next visit to NOLA.

Pros: many vegan choices, pleasant, peaceful ambience, easy parking (not always the case in NOLA)

Great vegan & spiritual sanctuary in NOLAN - Edit

Calm, peaceful atmosphere lends to the wonderful smiles & delightful energy of their staff and fabulous food... Menu is well-focused with healthy, Indian-influenced goodness. I had the Good Karma Plata with special vegetable & soup... Complimented by the Herb Lover juice. An exciting find in Louisiana where good vegan food and loving yoga environment & consciousness are rare - Much gratitude & thanks to Good Karma Cafe!

Absolutely wonderful - Edit

If I lived in New Orleans I would be here all the time. I visited New Orleans recently and ate at lots and lots of restaurants. This place had the most nourishing and enjoyable food and ambiance.

Pros: Homemade pickle!, Great food, Very friendly staff

Cons: Hours are a bit limited, Dessert selection limited, A bit out of the way

Vegetarian Heaven on Earth - Edit

If you have not visited The Good Karma Cafe yet, please go, but with a warning: It very well may soon become your favorite hang out and eatery! What's not to like? Exotic, roomy ambiance with subtle soothing mantra music. An awesome juice and smoothie bar. And an array of wholesome tasty dishes.
Whole meals with rice and salads, wraps and sandwiches. Hearty 'soup of the day' and scrumptious desserts.
New Orleans has been longing for a pure vegetarian experience, and I am here to testify that 'The Good Karma Cafe' has fully filled the need!
Updated from previous review on Monday January 05, 2015

Pros: Spiritually uplifting and peaceful, Healthy choice eatery, Wonderful friendly staff

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Good Karma Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4156 times since Dec 2014.