Good Fortune

Contact 703-729-8228

43330 Junction Plaza 190 (at Claiborne Pkwy and Ashburn Farm Pkwy), Ashburn, Virginia, USA, 20147

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu includes a vegetarian section (all items on that menu are 100% vegan).

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Pancakes

Absolutely delicious! - Edit

Good Fortune make some of the tastiest vegan Chinese food I've ever come across. Their dishes are cooked to perfection and bursting with flavor. I usually don't go in for "mock meats" in a big way, but GF make everything so damn delicious, I've tried it all. Their veggies are crisp and fresh too. It's a lovely, friendly and casual little place, I can't resist visiting when I'm in the area. I tried to give it 5/5 but couldn't use that option as Happy Cow won't allow it, they serve meat. Highly recommended!

Pros: Mouth watering food.

Cons: They don't have a branch next door to my house.

GROSS - Edit

Worst veg Chinese food I've ever gotten. I can't believe others reviewed it so highly. Frozen or canned vegetables very low quality and low quantity. When you order a vegetable sesame chicken all you get is weird soyballs drenched in soy sauce. Gross!!!

Cons: Bad Taste, Bad Nutrition, Made Nauseous

MissJenny I've been to Good Fortune on numerous occasions and I have never, ever had anything remotely resembling frozen or canned vegetables and trust me, I can tell the difference. Their food has always been fresh, delicious, and plentiful. Not only is Good Fortune the best vegan Chinese I've ever had, it's the best Chinese I've ever had, period. Quite a few people I know feel the same way. I'm not exactly sure how it's possible for you to have had such a negative experience when I've eaten there numerous times over a span of years and never had a single bad meal.

Wide Selection of Tasty Vegan Options - Edit

This is our "go to" place! In addition to their vegan menu items, they'll make a vegan version of nearly anything on their menu. We especially like their vegan Hot & Sour Soup! They'll also omit oil for healthier versions; I'd rather eat here than almost any "pure" vegan restaurant, but then my focus is on health!

This place has ruined me. In a good way! - Edit

This is my hands-down, favorite place I've ever had vegan Chinese. Their Kung Pao "chicken" is to die for, as is everything else I've ever tried. I have to admit, I tend to get the same things when I eat here because I love them so much (the Fried "Chicken" Legs, served with sweet chili sauce, are amazing) but their vegan menu is very extensive, offering everything from Sweet and Sour Shrimp to General Tso's "Chicken." The staff is very friendly and the service is super fast. Portion sizes are excellent as well, and you're given the choice of either white or brown rice which I like. I've brought non-veg friends here and they said their dishes were great as well. Highly recommended!

Pros: Awesome food/excellent quality, Friendly staff, Fast service

Awesome vegan Chinese food - Edit

This place has an entire section of the menu that is vegan. The food is so good that even my meat-eating friends prefer the veg options!

My favorite is the king pao 'chicken'. The spring rolls are fantastic, and the general tso's and sesame 'chicken' are also amazing. Staff and owners are extremely nice, and they deliver!

Pros: great vegan selections, delicious food

Really great food! - Edit

I stopped by Good Fortune today in Ashburn with my friend Debbie. We were both really impressed with the menu.

Like the other reviewer mentioned, the carryout menu is a little confusing to find the vegetarian dishes, but on the dine-in menu, it's takes the entire last page of the menu.

All of the items on the vegetarian menu are 100% vegan. We had the chicken legs (vegan, even though it doesn't sound like it is), the orange chicken, and the chicken in black bean sauce. It was so delicious!

They have vegan shrimp, vegan pork, and vegan beef options too. Their recipes for creating soy-style meat replacements with blends of soybeans, tofu, and seitan are outstanding. I wish they would teach me their secret.

The sauces they used to make our meals were just fabulous. I definitely will be dining in and ordering out from this place in the future.

Pros: variety, quality, flavor

Cons: slow service, a little english barrier

Pretty tasty - Edit

I've been to Good Fortune twice now. I was very happy with the food. I had two issues that are minor and I wouldn't really dock them any points for them.

The first is I didn't like the way the menu was laid out. This was working from the carry-out menu, so maybe the one they give you if you dine in is different. They had a vegetable section with tofu dishes, but the other menu was nowhere near it. It was on another flap away from it, almost like they were trying to hide it.

The other issue I had was they had "Fried chicken legs" on the menu. This sounded interesting to me, and since it's 100% vegan I figured I'd give it a try to see what it was about. Turns out they're just drumsticks. They were tasty, but I'd rather things be called what they are.

Pros: Cheap, All-Vegan section

Cons: Poor Menu Design

Return to Ashburn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Good Fortune closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1608 times since Sep 2010.