CLOSED: Good Five

• Veg-friendly

Contact +421-252451278

Rusovska cesta 5, Bratislava, Slovakia, 851 01

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offering gluten free food. Also offers guidance for the dish selection according to individual needs. Moved from Karpatska. AUG 2015 REPORTED SHUT RECENTLY, FB GONE.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Mediterranean, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Gudrun

high class vegan restaurant - Edit

first vegan "restaurant" a i would call it i've ever been! Great food, wide selection and a really nice place. little pricey for vegan restaurants but worth a visit!!

Pros: great food, selection, nice restaurant

Cons: little pricey

My favourite vegan restaurant! - Edit

This is probably the best vegan or vegetarian restaurant I've ever been to, anywhere, and I live in London!! Everything is vegan and the menu is huge. There's loads of choice for starters, mains, desserts and drinks. Everything I had was delicious. I had soup for starter and seitan with mushroom sauce for the main course.

Perhaps the best thing was that the cuisine was so varied. There were even Slovakian specialities on the menu and it's wonderful as a vegan to be able to sample local dishes.

The waitress was very friendly and helpful (speaks languages other than Slovakian e.g. Italian). It's also excellent value, especially considering the high quality of the food.

It's about a 10 minute walk from the train / bus station. It's a little tucked away - through a door, along a corridor and into a courtyard.

A wonderful restaurant, can't recommend it highly enough.

Pros: Great variety of delicious food, Amazing value, Friendly staff

Fantastic! - Edit

Myself and my fiancé ate here earlier this evening and I was blown away by the food. After only being vegan for 7 months, we've struggled to find quality in Ireland but to come to Bratislava and find this place was an absolute treat. We both had the Good Burger and I can't remember the last time I tasted something that good. The staff were extremely friendly and the decor was lovely. I wish Dublin had a vegan restaurant of this quality.

Pros: Excellent choices on menu, Reasonable prices for gourmet food, Friendly staff and nice decor

Loved it! - Edit

The restaurant was just closing for a week so they didn't have many choices left. But the chef made us excellent and diverse dishes anyway! All of them were delicious and even the omnivores in our group liked them. We had tortillas with soy filling, tempeh sauce, and seitan curry. The drinks were delicious, too. I have never tasted fresh apple juice before.

The waiter didn't seem to speak any English, but the chef took our order instead. Both were very nice and friendly. The interior was classy but still it's not an expensive place, at least for us tourists.

The place was a bit hard to find since it's in an inner courtyard. But it's definitely worth visiting, so follow the signs bravely! It's so close to the main railway station it would be shame to not try it if you come by train.

Pros: diverse menu, tasty food and fresh juices, friendly staff

very good vegan restaurant - Edit

very good vegan restaurant inspired by the 5 elements of chinese medicine ( in fact it s part of a structure who offers also relaxing treatments, meditation and so on ). It offers starters i.e. houmus and falafel and main dishes insired by different world cuisine i.e. italian, indian, mexican, slovak. atmosphere is quite smart but don t be afraid: if it can be quite expensive for slovak range, it is not for italain range ! ( starter, main dish and water or tea for 15 euro )

Pros: nice food, nice staff, wide choice

Amazing! So good, not expensive,close to train stn - Edit

Short version: It's great! If you are vegan and in Bratislava, go here! It's not pricey, it's 10 min from the train station (though it's a bit winding to get there so give yourself 20).

Long version: Bratislava is beautiful but if your vegan and don't speak the local language, your food prospects are dismal. Overpriced, understocked grocery stores only make it worse. I had given up on finding food there, which was no biggy because I was heading back to Vienna that evening, but I decided since Good Five was so close to the train station, I would peek in before getting on the train as walking around all day had made me a bit hungry. The listing here said it was expensive so I didn't have high hopes for it working out considering my limited budget. I am SO glad I went!! It was a little vegan gem in the middle of a veggie wasteland!

I was there about 4pm on saturday, I don't know if this is usual but when I arrived there was a woman out front who took your money for an all-you-can eat buffet. It was 12.9€ for one person, with a slight discount the more of you there were.

The food was amazing! I loved the mushroom risotto. Other highlights were roast pepper stuffed with tvp, these steak cutlets (some sort of seitan/wheat I think), onion rings (was actually a garnish for the roast eggplant dish but they were awesome), and the sweet potato dish. That's saying something because I don't like sweet potato. Oh, and the desserts! The only problem was I wanted to try one of everything! Luckily they were in small enough pieces, though I still at too much. They had a short cake, an amazing plum muffin-y thing, strawberry blueberry(?) muffins that were mostly fruit, this couscous cake (yes, I know, but it was delish), fresh fruit salad. They also had guava and agar fruit salad with the guava cut into hippos and elephants. There was a sweet mint sauce, a carob sauce, and a carob-cinnamon sauce to go on all of these.

The atmosphere was super classy and it felt calm and spacious inside. The staff were super friendly, although not many spoke english (but they got me someone that did, who was super nice).

I can't recommend this place enough, and maybe a la carte is normally more expensive but I thought the price was great. In fact, the food was better than anything I have found in Vienna despite being here a week. If you're in Bratislava, especially if you are taking the train, don't miss out!

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Price, Super classy

Cons: So good I ate too much :)

Bratislava: A wonderful vegan restaurant (5 cows!) - Edit

"Good Five" - the name of this restaurant stands for the five elements wood, fire, earth, metal and water (according to eastern philosophy). The restaurant offers meals specifically dedicated to one of those elements and the staff gives personalized advise on request. In addition to those specific "elements" meals, there is a big variety of wonderful (and healthy!) vegan food, including starters, salads, soups and desserts.

I had a very good, spicy gaspacho as a starter and a "Thai Pa Thai" as main course, made of rice noodles, carrot, leek, tofu, pepper, cashew and lime. This dish was based on the element metal - but I did not really care about that and just selected what sounded most delicious to me. And delicious it was! For dessert I had "Poppy Seed Miracle", made of poppy seeds, walnuts, raisins, rice syrup, carob and tahini chocolate. Yummy! Also the drinks are special and very good, I had an energizing one called "Green Bull Bio" consisting of green barley, grape must and "ume" vinegar. I also had a coffee, the total amount I paid was EUR 20.40.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and it can clearly be seen that they like their job. The menu is available in English, it does not only list meals and drinks, but gives also some background information about the restaurant's philosophy.

The restaurant is located in the backyard of a residential building. The restaurant's interior is a bit traditional, but following Feng Shui principles. Nice, peaceful music can be heard in the background, the restaurant has an aircondition and everything is very clean.

A place to relax and to enjoy excellent vegan food. My vote: "5 cows"!

Pros: excellent food, great variety, healthy cuisine, friendly staff

Return to Bratislava Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Good Five closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3488 times since Mar 2012.