CLOSED: good dEATs

• Vegan

Contact +49-33158399306

Kurfuerstenstrasse 9, Potsdam, Germany, 14467

Vegan cafe and chocolaterie in the historic Dutch quarter of the city, est. 2013. Serves cakes, chocolates, ice cream, patisserie, sweet and savory snacks like bagels and salads. Vegan burgers on Friday nights. Has Wi-Fi, student discount. JUN 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Take-out, German

First Review by Ponder_Stibbons

My favourite café in Potsdam - Edit

So sad to hear that this cute and ethical place is shutting down. The staff are always lovely, the menu is gorgeous (creamy treats which are rarer to find as vegan versions) and the atmosphere is calm, friendly and cosy. On my birthday they even brought our order to us in Knutselwinkel next door, I wish the best to all of the staff there. Thanks for this perfect vegan spot!

I simply love this place! - Edit

After the cupcakes my sister makes (the best in this planet), good dEATs has the best vegan cake I ever tried. The coconut cream with raspberry was simply amazing! They have as well a good variety of tea, and the coffee with almond milk is worth it. Just think is a pity that they close so early on Saturday.

Absolutely amazing!! - Edit

We went here for a slice of cake after a long day of walking in the beautiful parks. In a nutshell: best cake and ice cream we ever had!! We tried several: I had a slice of white chocolate and bleuberry cake, with Snicker bar flavored ice cream (peanut/caramel/chocolate), my mother had strawberry and cream cake with black forest cherry cake ice cream, and my brother went for the black forrest cherry cake. All were amazing!! My personal favorite would be the black forest ice cream, it was SO GOOD! It was frustrating because we would have liked to try more cakes and ice cream!

Pros: Amazing food, Vegan cakes, Unbelievable ice cream

Cons: No sandwichs left at 4pm, Not where I live!

Great café - Edit

After the Sans Sauci Palace this is a must-see for all vegans visiting Potsdam! After a long day visiting Potsdam I was quite hungry and I decided to stop here to have a snack before going back to Berlin. I was surprised when I arrived in this small and cozy café and I found out that there was also a very nice backyard where I could relax while waiting for my order. I had a matcha latte which was very good and a Snicker cake which was amazing! My boyfriend had a chocolate and rasperry cake which was very good as well. There are also savoury dishes on the menu (bagels, burgers) and vegan breakfast.

Vegan delights - Edit

Great cakes, cheesecake is in gluten free version. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff. Also includes cosy seating area in an enclosed courtyard garden.

Pros: Great desserts, Friendly staff, Beautiful decor, also garden seating

sooo delicious - Edit

The changing cakes and cup cakes are lovely decorated and taste enormously well.
The café is located in the beautiful Dutch Quarter. So if you re in Potsdam don't miss it. From time to time I even go there on purpose although I live in Berlin.
In the summer time you can also sit in the beautiful backyard where they also do make their own chocolate.

Pros: hot chocolate with nougat , cup cake, brunch

I wanted delicious cake... - Edit

I wanted delicious, bad-for-me cake. To be honest, the dark chocolate and coconut cream I had as garnish was more opulent than the cake I bought from good dEATs. If I buy cake, I really do want something opulent and delicious...not something vaguely healthy.

Nonetheless, it is fantastic to even find a cafe that only serves vegan food. Furthermore, they use almond milk in coffees, which is something all good Cafes should be able to do.

Lovely place! - Edit

I was riding all the way from Berlin to Potsdam. It was 33 Kilometers, and quite intensively, so by the time I reached Potsdam I was quite hungry.

I did not expect to find a vegan place there, but when I opened Happy Cow... Well, I was lucky enough to stop like 100 meters from there!

It's quite a lovely cafe. I had a bagel with wurst and peanut butter. It was well made and tasty. The desserts were looking good as well but I did not try them.

Very friendly staff, I highly recommend the place!

Pros: Friendly stuff, All looks fresh and homemade

Great vegan cakes in Potsdam - Edit

Finally, Potsdam has its first vegan place! The selection of home-made cakes and pralines is really delicious. There are also shakes, smoothies or yummy things like lemon parfait in a lemon. The choice of salty food is, apart from bagels, a little bit limited.

Though the café is located in the historic center of Potsdam - near Nauener Tor - it has a very quiet garden seating. A selecton of vegan wine is also available.

Pros: delicious cakes, nice garden seating, friendly staff

Return to Potsdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: good dEATs closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3535 times since May 2013.