Serves meat, veg options available. Japanese noodle shop that also offers rice and set meals. Dishes can be prepared vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free upon request - specify. Ask if uses same fryer for tempura. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Japanese, Non-veg

Mon 12:00pm-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by Amber Gilewski
Amber Gilewski
Amber Gilewski

Not as many options as I hoped for

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2015

I really wanted to like this place as I had read some good reviews for it on Yelp. Also, as per their website, they have a separate vegan menu (or so it seems). I had my heart set on the vegan vegetable tempura. The website indicated one could order vegan batter for just $2 extra. When we arrived on a Saturday night, we were told their menu was more limited and a handful of vegan-friendly items were named. We were told that the vegetable tempura with vegan batter needed to be requested days in advance so they could make the batter. I was so disheartened, that I only ordered the vegan miso soup while my non-vegan partner ate his meal. I went to another restaurant for a full meal afterwards.

Pros: friendly owner, vegan dessert options, vegan miso soup
Cons: slow service, loud when musicians playing on weekends, menu more limited than appears

Dear Owner and Manager of Gomen Kudasai: