Goldie's Flavours of India

Contact 250-374-0340

550 Columbia Street W, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada, V2C2G8

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food. Centrally located and offers an la carte menu as well as inexpensive buffet with several vegetarian dishes. Owners are always on site and are sensitive to dietary restrictions. Will advise which dishes are vegan, gluten free, etc. New location since summer 09. Open .

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Al-Cajon

decent northern indian food - Edit

we showed up famished. vegan options aren't marked on the menu - I had to ask, and the two I spoke with seemed a bit foggy on 'vegan'. I ordered aloo palak (potatoes & spinach), which came with an extremely generous portion of peas pulao. it was tasty & filling, but very oily; I felt stuffed for hours afterward. Worth a try for indian food, but if, like me, you're used to healthier prepared food, Goldie's will seem rich, caloric, and fattening. My boyfriend is Type 1 Diabetic; he skipped breakfast the next morning because his blood sugar was still high from the previous night's meal.

Pros: lots of veggie options, great view of kamloops , Very nice staff

Cons: really oily, staff not well-versed in veganism

Delicious - Edit

I was having dinner with some friends in this restaurant. Staff was very nice. Out of the vegetarian assortment 5 dishes are vegan (dont know about the samosa or soups).
I ordered spicy potatoes with cauliflower (forgot the indian name). It was really delicious, even though it could have been cheaper (was 14.50$ with taxes). However, you can get a nice view of Kamloops.

-1 cow, since it's not a veg. restaurant and -1 for the price= 3 moohs

Pros: taste, staff

Cons: price

Return to Kamloops Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Goldie's Flavours of India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 790 times since Aug 2009.