CLOSED: Goldie's

732-774-5575

550 Cookman Ave Ste 101, Asbury Park, New Jersey, USA, 07712

Opened in fall of 2013, an intimate vegan restaurant featuring an open kitchen with an upscale decor and a high-end menu. Full bar serving drinks with or without alcohol. Confirmed closed, Oct 2014.

Categories: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine

First Review by lfusfeld

Creative, fun and great ambiance - Edit

Vegans in NJ have mixed opinions on Goldie's... Some like, some think it's expensive. I happily welcome this place to the NJ vegan scene for a number of reasons:

1. Creative food that is always changing. They take food seriously here and have a rotating menu. While I do miss some old foods and I DEFINITELY miss the Good Hour menu, I appreciate that they are trying to be an innovative vegan restaurant.

2. I love the bar here. Not only are the drinks delicious and creative, but the bar is just a great space to hang out.

3. Ambiance! The place is beautiful...

4. Brunch. Their original brunch menu was amazing but I'm sure as it changes it stays just as good. Keep the vegan brunch options coming! :)

Overall I like Goldie's a lot and I come back pretty often. I'm glad it's here to stay.

Pros: Bar, Creative food, Ambiance

Cons: Menu changes, Street parking, Small plates

yummy - Edit

When we went, the food was all Mexican themed. It was very good food, although if you were trying to eat healthy, there's a bit too much Daiya on the menu. It was pricey, because you have to order a few small plates to make a full meal. For two of us, it came to almost $100 with tax and tip, so it's not outrageous. The decor was lovely though 1 it felt like an upscale dining experience and yet somehow was kid-friendly, which is great at the beach especially.

Pros: kid-friendly, great food, nice decor

Cons: pricey, too much Daiya

Vegetarian

Contributions +13

Excellent food; quite pricey, but well worth it - Edit

The best meal (vegan or otherwise) I’ve had in NJ. Just about every dish — from fried baby peppers to the the caramelised tempeh to the vanilla bean cake with burnt sugar and hibiscus tea — was fantastic. I don’t think I could pick a favourite from what I tried; and what I didn’t try, I want to order next time. Really imaginative menu (both food and cocktails) — some unexpected combinations, but all worked out perfectly. Portions on the smaller side, but enough to be filling. It certainly wasn’t cheap either ($70/head for 3 courses plus cocktails), but for the quality, it was well worthwhile. Only possible quibble: the cocktails had a bit too much ice, and got watery after a few minutes; maybe worth asking for them with less ice? I went with 3 non-veggies, and everyone was equally impressed; will definitely be going again next time I’m back in the area!

Recommend especially: the caramelised tempeh, and the Manhattan.

Pros: Fantastic, imaginative food, Friendly, helpful staff, Quiet, cool but unobtrusive atmosphere

Cons: Not cheap

Return to Asbury Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Goldie's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.