Golden Temple Teehaus

Contact 017641912986

Grindelallee 26, Hamburg, Germany, 20146

Tee house that serves vegan and organic curry dishes, soups, and cakes. All vegan except for cows' milk. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-8:30pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by twilightfox

wonderfully bohemian - Edit

The perfect spot to unwind in this very casual atmospheric place, where yogig style music is lulling you into pure relaxation. The staff complement the vibe too. I had the chickpea and cauliflower curry, which I would not consider authentic but I have awarded five stars as it certainly was tasty and nutritious. The vegetables were not over cooked and the portion was definitely value for money. I then ordered a piece of each of the 3 vegan cakes; apple strudel , lemon cake and chocolate cake to take away. My meat loving freinds had no idea they were vegan as they were certainly light and delicious. My favourite was the apple strudel. I would recommend this place as a destressing lunch spot. I will visit it again.

Fantastic. Friendly, nice vibe, good food - Edit

The place is nearly vegan (except for optional cows milk in the coffee). I had a quiche and a tarte, my friend had a curry, we both had green tea. Everything was great. The quiche was so colourful and tasty, and even gluten free! It came with a side salad, but not just any salad, with fresh herbs, seeds and pumpkin seed oil. And the whole meal was still affordable. Must come back soon.

Pros: Good food, affordable, Friendly, Atmosphere

Tasty, fresh food - Edit

That is a great place like a minute walk from the Hamburg university. Serves yummy quiche and curries as well as vegan cakes, very tasty. Grat relaxing atmosphere; the shop also sells some stuff like books about yoga, oils etc.

Pros: tasty food, relaxing atmosphere

Cons: some stuff is a little overpriced

Good Food and Desserts - Edit

This place serves some tasty curry, quiche, waffles and desserts. We loved everything we had there. It's a popular place and gets really busy. I can see why, because it really is good quality and delicious food.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good value, Friendly staff

Cons: none

good for lunch - Edit

There is a really calm atmosphere and the lunches (I had two different currys) have been satisfying.

The staff is super friendly and talkative.

Pros: tasty, fast, ok price

Cons: maybe a little to peacey

Cozy tea place with simple, good food - Edit

There are more meal options now than reported in the previous reviews: when I was there, they had three kinds of vegan curry, vegan quiche, vegan waffles, and of course a lot of teas. I read that they even offer vegan breakfast now. The food was simple, but tasty.
The atmosphere is very warm, friendly and relaxing.

Pros: simple, good food, cozy atmosphere, many tea options

Cons: no huge range of vegan options

A cup of tea and a bowl of soup - Edit

Friendly place with nice modern furniture.
There is a lot of tea to chose. Because it is mainly a tea-hose, only one "soup of the day" and one "curry of the day" are offered on the menu.
Very near Hamburg University and Dammtor train-station!

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Golden Temple Teehaus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3901 times since Feb 2010.