Golden Road Brewing

Contact 844-452-2337

5410 W San Fernando Rd, Los Angeles, California, USA, 90039

Serves meat, vegan options available. Local brewery restaurant/bar where many items are vegan. Has kids' vegan menu. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

Get the Classic Vegan Burger! - Edit

I was in L.A. for work and we all came here for an after work outing. We had a large party and the weather was nice so we sat outside. Service was fast and friendly. I had the Classic Vegan Burger and it was amazing! They have a lot of vegan options which is why we choose this place. We also tried the pretzels, vegan mozzarella sticks, jackfruit tacos, vegan lasagna, and vegan sundae. Everyone seemed happy with their food. I don't drink so can't comment on their beer.

Pros: lots of great vegan options, great view

Great Vegan Food and Beer - Edit

I had the FRIED ALT sandwich with salad and drank the Wolf among Weeds beer and everything was great. 2pm on a hot Sunday afternoon was a good time to sit outside and enjoy food and beer; the place was crowded but service was good. Parking took some effort. We will definitely be back.

Pros: Good food, Good beer, Nice service

SOOO LA! - Edit

I really loved this place! I love good beer, and Golden Road has got it! The kitch outdoor eating area is really fun and very LA in style.

I thought the vegan food was pretty good. It's a pub on site at the actual brewery so the food is in that style obviously. You can also take a tour of the brewery!

Go if you like pub food and beer!

Pros: Beer, Fun Ambiance, Food

Vegan Pub Food!? - Edit

An out of town friend of ours who loves to visit local breweries found this place in MY own back yard; I had no idea it existed. We had a yummy lunch somewhere else then headed over. I was amazed at the vegan selections on the menu, nearly half the offerings are vegan. I can't wait to go back and eat!

Whenever I'm in Los Angeles I go... - Edit

(Well, not on weekends. Because it is too crowded for me.) BUT the food is really special, the vegan banh mi is so delicious just writing about it is making me crave it. A quiet mid-week mid-day meal and beer...great stuff. Always wonderful to go to a micro-brewery that has good vegan food. AND for those of you concerned, one of the owners is a vegan and so takes honest/sincere care of vegan needs.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 23, 2012

vegan beer and food! - Edit

I can't believe it's taken us so long to go check out Golden Road. The pub itself is like an open hangar with seating indoors and outdoors. There's even a "doggy dock" seating area if you wanna bring your dog. You order at the bar, get a number and grab a seat. There's lots of communal type tables, but we sat at the bar itself. We ordered a couple of beers (I'm partial to the stout myself) and waited for our food. It was all large portions. The pretzel was enormous as were the sandwiches. The portobello philly was excellent and the cheesy potato was good. The wild mushroom risotto fritters were amazing. We finished off with a fruit crumble as they were out of the cheesecake. Overall, we really loved the place and plan to return many times. The atmosphere is great as we miss the brew pubs in Northern California. I just really wish Tony would open an all vegan place!

Pros: great beer and food, open pub atmosphere, easy parking

Cons: not all vegan

best place for vegan food and beer in LA - Edit

Goldenn Road is a fantastic brewhouse restaurant. Its located in an industrial area just off the highway with ample parking. The large wearhouse space is great, with indoor and outdoor patio seating. Its fun to watch the trains whiz by. The seating is mostly community tables and you order at the counter (it can be difficult to tell who is in line in front of you). There are so many great vegan menu items, but we couldn't resist the 7$ colossal pretzels. I highly suggest sharing, they are a meal in themselves. The IPA beer is fantastic and I even grabbed a 6meal pack to go to take over to a party where everyone enjoyed them. Can't wait to go back with a large group, the community seating can be difficult to figure out what seats are open and the hipster crowd can seem a little standoffish at first, but impress them with how many monter pretzles you can take down and you'll be the life of the party. (J/K)

Pros: great beer, super pretzle, great free parking

Cons: community tables could use a rethink, ordering process get clogged

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Golden Road Brewing closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.