First Review by Katie*

Best waitress ever! - Edit

The woman serving us, I wish I got her name, was the kindest, happiest, most understanding waitress I have ever met. Unfortunately, the only reason I would ever go back to that place would be to order a bunch of the handmade tortillas they do themselves and give her a huge tip, just for making my day.
They do cater to vegans, but pretty much everything has meat and cheese on it, so looking through the menu is quite uncomfortable. It's hard to imagine ordering a sandwich with tofu as a substitute for steak and cheese. I ordered the 1/2 order of a Veggie Breakfast Burrito, no avocado, and a side of hashbrowns with as little oil as possible. My burrito was meh, but the tortilla was to live for. The hash was not lightly oiled, but just below "too oily". They use soy oil, and they deepfry their french fries in the same oil they so for non-vegan food. So, beware.
Also, it took forever for them to swipe the credit card. Ten minutes at least. I don't recommend coming here, but would recommend the Wildflower Café and Bakery up the road. Sorry, Golden Harvest:(

Pros: Tortillas (order some to take home), Friendly server

Cons: Deepfried food is non-vegan ish, Slow service, Forgets customers waiting to be seated

Good Breakfast - Edit

I recently was on vacation up in Northern California and we stopped here for breakfast. The tofu scramble was delicious. The server knew right away the answers to my questions whether items were vegan or vegetarian. Diner type atmosphere and reasonably priced.

Return to Arcata Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Golden Harvest Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.