First Review by BananaAddict

Great vegan breakfast options - Edit

The food here is really delicious. We ate here twice and tried the potato cakes (which are like hash) with tofu bacon and veggies, the breakfast burritos, tofu scrambles, hashed browns, toast and juice.

This wide menu states they aim to keep "carnivores and herbivores" happy with standard egg breakfasts as well as options for plant-based diners. All the ingredients are fresh and tasty and breakfasts can be customized to your liking. For example, you can get any omelet as a tofu scramble with "Harvest Additions" (veggies, salsa, tofu bacon, soysage are vegan options ) and two breakfast sides from a wide selection of toast, biscuits, fruit, apple sauce, country potatoes, hash browns, etc. The tofu here is good and scrambled (instead of big plain chunks) and seasoned with spices and turmeric which makes it look like scrambled eggs. The tofu bacon was really good as was the soy-sausage.

One cool thing here (which is rare!) is that if you omit cheese and sour-cream, they will ask you what you'd like to substitute in its place (veggies, avocado, salsa, etc.)

The service here is excellent and everything was really tasty. There is a good looking lunch menu here too.

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-24

Pros: excellent breakfast, allow substitutions, great service

Best waitress ever! - Edit

The woman serving us, I wish I got her name, was the kindest, happiest, most understanding waitress I have ever met. Unfortunately, the only reason I would ever go back to that place would be to order a bunch of the handmade tortillas they do themselves and give her a huge tip, just for making my day.
They do cater to vegans, but pretty much everything has meat and cheese on it, so looking through the menu is quite uncomfortable. It's hard to imagine ordering a sandwich with tofu as a substitute for steak and cheese. I ordered the 1/2 order of a Veggie Breakfast Burrito, no avocado, and a side of hashbrowns with as little oil as possible. My burrito was meh, but the tortilla was to live for. The hash was not lightly oiled, but just below "too oily". They use soy oil, and they deepfry their french fries in the same oil they so for non-vegan food. So, beware.
Also, it took forever for them to swipe the credit card. Ten minutes at least. I don't recommend coming here, but would recommend the Wildflower Café and Bakery up the road. Sorry, Golden Harvest:(

Pros: Tortillas (order some to take home), Friendly server

Cons: Deepfried food is non-vegan ish, Slow service, Forgets customers waiting to be seated

Contributions +28

Good Breakfast - Edit

I recently was on vacation up in Northern California and we stopped here for breakfast. The tofu scramble was delicious. The server knew right away the answers to my questions whether items were vegan or vegetarian. Diner type atmosphere and reasonably priced.

Return to Arcata Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Golden Harvest Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1947 times.