Golden Food

Contact 2535147

2545 Avenida Le Petit Thouars, Lima, Peru,

Comida vegana. Health store with a restaurant inside. Sells some foodstuff like vegan sausage, bread, and cookies. Also offers international and Peruvian dishes as well as fresh juices. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Peruvian

First Review by vegansoul

Cheap and plentiful - Edit

This eatery, which shares the location with a shop selling vegan products, offers a fixed all-vegan menu that changes daily. When I went I had a large bowl of minestrone soup followed by a plate of beans, rice and tofu, all accompanied by a glass of cold tea. The food was fine (although the combination of the three ingredients in the main course gave my digestion something to think about a few hours later!), it arrived promptly and there was a lot of it. For all of the above I think I paid 10 soles, which is something like €3.50 - I'd probably have paid more if I'd bought the ingredients and made it myself at home! If they don't offer the most exciting fare, that's OK with me for that price.

As for the local area, it's true that this isn't the most upmarket part of the city, and I might think twice about going there on my own after dark, but Lince (the district) is a busy place with a lot of passersby, and even as a lone foreign female I didn't feel especially unsafe at teatime in summer.

Pros: Vegan, Filling, Cheap

Cons: Unexciting

A vegan meal that will make you replete for the day. - Edit

I‘ve visited Golden Food in June 2016

This is a very simple cafeteria with a lunch set that changes every day.
I found the food to be tasty, but the portions were way too large for me (you can ask for a “doggy bag”).
The atmosphere is that of a typical Peruvian cafeteria, however the service was nice.
I found it to be very cheap, especially considering the amount served.
Besides the lunch menu there are also other snacks and desserts available.

Pros: tasty food, good selection

Cons: none

Great peruvian food - Edit

After having a hard time trying to find this place, my girlfriend and I were able to located it after asking a taxi driver about the adress. It turns out that the map here in happycow was showing a different place in the same street but the restaurant was 10 blocks away.
Anyway, we took a cab and found it in 10 minutes.

As in many peruvian restaurants, the course changes everyday.
I had potato with rocotto (peruvian chilli) sauce (see the picture) and another lomo saltado made with seitan.

Although it sounds the same, it's awesome how the peruvians can make simple dishes taste amazing.

Yet, the owner of the place was very kind and I think this place is 100% vegan.

Pros: great food, inexpensive, nice staff

bakery & store - Edit

I visited this establishment at 7pm on a Tuesday night. They close at 8pm. The neighborhood is not great, but its not too far from a nice hotel (Westin Grand) though. It is not a restaurant. They have store items, premade vegan sausage, and bakery items - like vegan apple pie, vegan almond butter bread, etc.. Very cheap. 3 soles for one slice of the almond butter bread. Needless to say though, I did not feel comfortable in the neighborhood and took mine to go. There are a few tables and chairs, but no dinner items to order. The woman behind the counter did not speak english, all items were Vegan though.

Pros: Vegan, Bakery, inexpensive

Cons: bad neighborhood, Spanish only

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Golden Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1417 times since Dec 2011.