Golden Bengal Restaurant

Contact 0130212929

35 Rue des Etats Generaux, Versailles, France, 78000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food restaurant with mostly meat dishes but has around 6 vegetarian suitable choices and 2 vegan ones. Vegan appetizers including naan. Owners will change other dishes to omit meat & dairy. 5-minute walk from Palace of Versailles. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by BrittanyJohnson

Okay - Edit

This restaurant is around 7 mins walking away from the famous palace. They have plenty options for vegetarians, but sadly not for vegans - only araund 2-3 dishes and beware: the waitor told me the rice had butter in it and the naan is also with milk. I had vegetable samosas as an appetizer and vegetable curry as a main and they both were delicious but I love indian food anyway. They can probably customize some dishes if asked. The menu is in French only.
Otherwise the staff was very friendly and we were pleased with the service. It was not cheap, but almost nothing is cheap around Paris.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food

Cons: Prices should be lower a bit, Not enough vegan options, Menu only in French

Welcome find! - Edit

Vegan options near Versailles are limited so this was very welcome. As other reviewers noted, there are only a couple of vegan options on the menu (more than one actually) but they can modify many of the items if you ask. My husband and I had an excellent meal and left very happy to catch the train back to Paris.

Just one vegan option - Edit

As Odda explains in the previous review, there is only one vegan option: vegetable curry. Rice is indeed done with butter.

This is not a good option, but unfortunately, there is not much in Versailles for a vegan.

Not a very good vegan option - Edit

Inspired by the other reviews we went there before going to Versailles one Sunday evening. After some questioning we found out that the rice wa made with butter and the naan was made with milk. According to the waiter there was only one dish they could make vegan. So we ended up eating vegetable curry with three papadums without any rice or naan... Conclusion: ok for vegetarians, but NOT vegan friendly!

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Not for vegans

Good food, not expensive. - Edit

Near Chateau Versailles there aren't many options...
The food is good (very good lentil dahl) and portions are fine.
The staff could be nicer because when we wanted to order just 2 side rice (to 4 people, as I'm used to always get more than I can eat) instead of 4, they said they were closing the kitchen and I wouldn't be able to order more if I wanted (with a certain tone)... I didn't need to, we didn't even eat it all, but I felt that comment was kind of unpleasant.
Apart from that, all good.

Pros: Good food, Good value, location

Cons: not so friendly waiter

Vegan eats near Versailles! - Edit

We were starving when we left our all day tour of the Chateau de Versailles, and though skeptical, popped into an Indian restaurant to ask if they had vegan options. THEY DID!
Only 2 that were right off the menu and vegan, so we ordered one of each, an otder of naan, and veggie samosas. It was all delicious! the best veg. curry I've had in years! the portions were big and price was cheap. Our server was very friendly and after we were eating I asked about other menu items and he said it wouldn't be a problem to omit the meat + dairy from any of the items on the list.
25 Euro for 2 appetizers, and mains - no room for desert!

Clean, calm environment and incredibly convenient after our outing far far away from the cities more popular vegan dinning.

Pros: delicious food, friendly accommodating staff, proximity to Versailles

Cons: no a/c

Return to Versailles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Golden Bengal Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.