GoKula Vegetarian Cafe

+44-1923-353289

65 Market St (at Francis Rd), Watford, England, WD18 0PR

Family run veggie cafe. Fully Vegetarian eating place, serving a variety of tasty snacks served with delicious freshly roasted locally Fair Trade Organic coffee provided by The Natural Coffee Company. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-6:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Wi-Fi

First Review by JohnnySensible

Amazing! - Edit

Loved this place! Delicious vegan food and friendly staff. Great price for money! Had a bagel, dessert (try the chocolate orange cake!) and a tea for only £6! Thoroughly enjoyed!

Warm and Friendly - Edit

A nice find with friendly staff and a cosy bohemian ambiance. The menu has all vegan options labelled very clearly and helpfully. I had a hummus bagel with Mediterranean vegetables, and it was top notch! They also had a nice bookshelf for customers to peruse, which I thought was a nice touch.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Cosy and atmospheric

Delicious Coffee, great food!! - Edit

My boyfriend and I found this fabulous little cafe whilst looking for some brunch on a shopping trip. I had a garam masala spiced latte (with soya milk) and it was one of the best spiced latte's I've ever had. We both had food and it was also very good. Absolutely loved it there, and so glad I have now found a really vegan friendly place to eat in Watford!
It's affordable and good quality, with friendly and accommodating staff.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Lovely staff, Nice vibe

Cons: More out of the way, but not difficult to find.

GoKula - Edit

Had a very nice lunch here – vegan buckwheat pancakes with vegan cheese & Mediterranean vegetables, followed by a chocolate orange cake with the lightest vegan sponge I've ever tasted. Good selection for vegans, including several desserts.

Pros: Not too expensive, Good selection, Friendly staff

Unpretentious - Edit

Three of us had lunch there today - pretty good. Watch out for the jalapenos!
The buckwheat wraps are something different - especially with vegi sausage.
Palak paneer is very good.
Best option I know in Watford

Pros: Totally veggie, Best veggie place in Watford, Reasonable prices

Cons: Not the most upmarket area

An average cafe - Edit

I have been to this place several times, it has nice inexpensive menu with some vegan options. Everything has a nice homely feeling to it. The staff members are a bit odd, not rude, but odd. :) I have never really understood if they actually enjoy working there or not. :)
Honestly, if Watford would have more places offering vegan food, I wouldn't go to GoKula that often (about once a month). But sometimes I just want someone else to do the cooking for me and for that it's a great stop.
P.S. Vegans, be aware - even if you order vegan food they might still add a non-vegan treat with your coffee etc. The treat is a nice touch but just don't be too trusting. Whatever they bring you, always check what it is. :)

Pros: Some vegan options, Cheap

Cons: Average food

Will definitely return! - Edit

Large menu with different options, loads of vegan options to choose from as well as vegetarian. Very quick service, great pricing, and vegan desserts!!! Lovely place.

Pros: Lots of options, Cheap

Cons: Parking is a bit hit and miss on the street outsid

Don't miss - Edit

A wonderful stop off in the centre of Watford, friendly and reasonably priced with a good choice. The only criticism I can think of is that we're usually in town early on a Saturday before it is open.

Pros: Great menu, In central Watford, Friendly, relaxing atmosphere

Cons: Not open early

Yum - Edit

While traveling, I was afraid I would have a difficult time with a Vegan diet. I was so happy to find GoKula. Mike and Tom made me feel very welcome and by sandwich was wonderful,

I will be sure to go back next time I have business in Watford.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 28, 2014

Pros: wonderful food and service, reasonably priced

Cons: limited hours - only open until 6

who said veggie food can't be sinfully delicious? - Edit

It's comfort food. And it's awesome. The desserts are top notch.

Pros: all day breakfast, savory pancakes, vegan cake and ice cream

At last, veggie food in Watford - Edit

Whatever you choose for your main course - and there are plenty of vegan choices including wraps, burgers (recommended!), jackets, salads - make sure you leave room for dessert.
We had the hot chocolate and orange fudge cake with vegan ice cream and the espresso tart - both were amazing! The cake was light and spongy with a really fudgy hot sauce and good choc-orange flavour. The tart had a really good sweet pastry case with a rich, creamy chocolate and coffee ganache filling. Luxurious vegan desserts that wouldn't be out of place in the best veggie restaurants.
Reasonable prices and understanding, friendly staff too. Great cafe :-)

Pros: vegan desserts , vegan burgers on the way to the footie!, Did I mention the vegan puds?

Feed your body and feed your mind!! - Edit

Take it from me, even if you have no other reason to be going there, it's worth the drive to Watford JUST to eat at this place. GoKula even caters for vegans, without having to slice the available choices of menu in half. Such a delight! You can choose from a variety of meals and desserts like the chocolate fudge cake are vegan AND home made. If its spiritual sustenance you are after its here for the taking too - just ask. Great selection of books, cards, incense and pictures for sale and the second hand books they sell are worth a browse!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Great atmosphere, Food is excellent

Regular meeting place for Watford Veg*ns - Edit

Watford Veg*n Group meet at 2pm on the first Saturday of every month here. The hospitality is great and there's plenty of variety on the menu. I usually have one of the wraps which are delicious. On the last few visits there has been a heavenly chocolate orange vegan cake on the menu. This is a must-try for all vegans and non vegans alike. It's great to have a local veggie place in Watford - much needed. Do support it!

Pros: hospitality, vegan choices, cho-orange cake

Cons: none

Awesome! - Edit

Lovely small café, prices more than OK, very friendly staff. Definitely will come back when I'm in the area.

Pros: yummy, cheap

Gokula Vegetarian Cafe - Edit

what a nice place, 100% veggie. Chris and Mikey are both really helpfull. the food is good home cooked style tucker.
You are not required to take the oath of vgetarianism to eat there. Good range of hot drinks, their cofee is great, Liked the place a lot will go back again, the prices are very good as well
Tony I

Pros: good food, and drinks, friendly people both staff and other cus, Good position adjacent to main town

Yummy yummy! - Edit

A cafe that just gets it right. Really tasty food - be you veggie or not - bags of choice and fantastic value. I particularly recommend the cheesecake!

More than that though, really lovely people with a great philosophy, good music and atmosphere and cheap second hand books, cds and dvds to peruse too! Check it out - you won't regret it!

Great friendly veggie cafe! - Edit

Our family are now regulars at GoKula's acoustic music evenings, a very enjoyable place to meet up with friends and make new ones with it's chilled out atmosphere... and the music is excellent and varied to boot, with many artists playing great original material!
The food is tasty, decent portions, very reasonably priced with a lot of choice, even for vegans (my husband and I are vegan). The hot wraps are my particular favourite along with the soya cappuchinos which are the best I've ever had. The owners Bhajahari, Ros and Mikey are very friendly and welcoming and there are interesting second hand books and CDs available to browse and buy. So happy this delightful cafe has opened near to us!

Pros: friendly staff, vegan options, good value

More than just a vegetarian cafe - Edit

I am vegan and found bags of choices and vegan options even though it only advertises as vegetarian. The atmosphere was very friendly and chilled, I got talking to the owner and some of the customers and really felt it was more than just a place to eat. Highly recommended for anyone wanting good quality cheap food in a nice atmosphere, definitely not just for vegetarians.

Pros: Quality ingredients, Friendly Staff, Central location

Return to Watford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has GoKula Vegetarian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.