Gokul Sweets and Restaurant

Contact 404-299-2062

763 Dekalb Industrial Wy, Decatur, Georgia, USA, 30033

Indian sweets shop and food shop. Offers South Indian and curry dishes, Indo-Chinese food. Uses dairy, so ask when unsure. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out, Indo-Chinese

First Review by calamaestra

More than dessert! - Edit

Initial Review:
I came here for dessert after lunch. I didn't realize I could've had lunch here too! There's a vegetarian Indian restaurant in addition to a dessert place. Vegans should ask for "no dairy." Be aware that not all of the staff speak English but they will get you someone who does if you have questions. I enjoyed my various little desserts and will return to try the restaurant soon!
Update:
I enjoyed two restaurant dishes. Many of the items on the menu are vegan. However, I regret that they were inflexible with one of their dishes. I had an aching for spinach but their spinach dish included cheese. I asked for the cheese to be excluded, but I was refused. I do not understand the inflexibility when food is made to order. I was willing to pay for the cheese but just did not want it. All they had to do was not sprinkle it on. It does not make sense.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 06, 2014

Pros: Excellent food, Convenient location

Cons: Inflexibility

Return to Decatur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gokul Sweets and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.