Gokul Indian Restaurant

Contact 314-721-1888

6101 Delmar Blvd, St Louis, Missouri, USA, 63112

Vegetarian Indian restaurant on the loop. Offers all-you-can-eat lunch and dinner buffets, and a vegan dinner buffet every Monday night. Open daily.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by soulestiallife

Great Buffet - Edit

I've never ordered from the menu here because the buffet is always going, and it's quite extensive. The danger is overeating! Monday night is vegan night, which is best of all! Other nights there is still plenty of vegan fare on display. And they will even make vegan nan special for you on regular nights (without asking for it, simply if you mention you are vegan they pop some in for you). The food is good. The lady who runs it is pretty pushy, but in a friendly way. She made me write this review (just kidding!).

Pros: extensive buffet, monday is vegan night!

Cons: ordinary decor, fine but not special

love this place - Edit

By far the freshest buffet I have been to. The Food is excellent everytime very consistent. Some items are very spicy and some are milder depending on the dish. The staff goes out of the way to make you happy they will make vegan nann for your table on non vegan nights.They always ask if there is anything else you want to make you happier. My family eats there weekly its not high priced like some say its reasonable for the quality of food you get. If someone isn't familiar with Indian food this is a great restaurant to take them to its not overwhelming and the people are so outgoing and friendly.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Fresh, Clean

Cons: cream bases are dairy

love it! - Edit

I eat here almost every time I'm in St. Louis. Monday night vegan buffets are amazing and it is hands down the best Indian I've ever eaten.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 14, 2013

Updated from previous review on Monday October 14, 2013

Pros: good food, buffet

Cons: none

Ask to make it vegan - Edit

This place is really cute and friendly, with an all day endless buffet.
The food was good, however, not many vegan choices.
Apparently every monday evening they have a Vegan buffet for dinner
but lunch and other times evenings it is vegetarian but not vegan… you can ask to have items specially made vegan for you though so they are trying :)

Pros: great location, tasty food, friendly staff

Cons: not a lot of vegan on Buffet, vegan buffet only once a week, lots of dairy items

Lacks Flavor of Good Indian Food - Edit

Gokul gets props for being 100% vegetarian and even more props for having an all vegan buffet once a week. The unfortunate thing is that this Indian food is far from delicious. Granted, I have been to Indian and have lived in cities where real Indian food exists. Gokul seems to cater to the American taste bud. I'm not sure if they aren't using enough spices or if they're preparing in a rush.

Honestly, I get shocked every time I hear someone suggest this restaurant to me for good Indian. It makes me wonder if they've ever had good Indian.

I do love the fact that I can go in on vegan night and not have to ask which items from the buffet I can have. But, I usually don't go in because I know it's going to be a huge disappointment every time.

Pros: vegan buffet, 100% vegetarian, knowledgeable staff

Cons: bland, not real Indian

Amazing - Edit

I love Indian food. So much here is vegan. It's just a lovely thing. The buffet, however, usually serves the same or similar stuff every time. I like to order from the menu and take home the left overs :)

Great - Edit

Food is the same as their Page location which is fabulous. The ambiance is much nicer then the Page location. Staff is very knowledgeable and can easily explain which dishes on the buffet are vegan. I'd say more then half the buffet is typically vegan and then on every other Monday the buffet is 100% vegan.

My Frequent Go To... - Edit

I am elated that the Loop finally has a vegetarian option for people like me so who are inclined. I still am yet to get over to the the one on Olive but I like this spot. They can get super busy in the evenings and weekends but I never have a problem with getting a seat so that is a plus. Parking is not too bad except just having to find change for a meter or sometimes parking (I am sure illegally) behind back.

Food is good. After going so much I am finding that it comprises soups, rices, a lot of different sauces, and maybe a dessert with the salad bear nearby. Don't get me wrong the food is really good but now it has peaked me interest to try the vegan buffet offered at the other one. I don't always want dairy and this one definitely provides a good portion of it.

The cost to me, especially given other buffets that I can get at other Indian restaurants, is a bit high. Its ranges from 10.99-13.99 on different days for the buffet. That excludes any sort of drink. Speaking of which if you order a drink, the owner very well may forget. I have ordered one several times only for him to get into conversations with customers and then forget to bring it or bring it when I am about to leave. So FYI.

My final thoughts - if they offered a vegan buffet night that would be nice; also if they lowered their buffet price during the day/week to work in tandem with their competition they could get even more business from me. IAll in all, I would continue to take friends/suggest it others. ENJOY!

Pros: healthy cuisine, very spacious, tasty food

Cons: a bit pricey, only vegetarian options, often chatty/forgetful manager

SynthVegan Hi Soulestiallife - I just wanted to let you know that they DO offer a vegan buffet. Just get on their email list and they'll send you notifications and coupons for the vegan buffet - typically for $1 off. This is the email address that I receive the offers from: [email protected]

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gokul Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3557 times since Apr 2011.