Gojo Ethiopian

602-840-3411

3015 E Thomas Rd Ste 101, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85016

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian cuisine offers spiced vegetable, lentil, and potato dishes. Here the dishes in the menu's vegetarian section are vegan suitable. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Beer/Wine, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Great Authentic Ethiopian - Edit

We went here after loving hut served us way-way too sweet food. We needed something savory for dinner.

This place did not disappoint.

Despite already eating a dinner, we ordered a small vegetarian sampler with 4 items: shiro, mesir wot, string beans, and cabbage, and an order of sambusa.

The sambusas came first--delicious. The sauce for the sambusa was slightly spicy (I like spicy, so maybe this would be considered spicy to some) and quite salty, which I also liked.

The sampler came out--it was a small portion, but the price was also extremely cheap. You could easily get more, and we would have if we hadn't already eaten! The injira was among the best I've had--great texture and sour flavor.

The service was wonderful, and the staff knew the word 'vegan.'

I eat a lot of ethiopian and this place is very authentic and great for vegans!

Our tab for two people was only $11--definitely a good value as well!

Pros: Very Vegan Friendly!, Terrific, Authentic, Ethiopian!, Amazingly cheap!

Cons: not 100% veg

Solid Choice for Ethiopian Cuisine in Phoenix - Edit

Typical Ethiopian restaurant and everything under the vegetarian section is vegan-friendly. I got a veggie combo, but I don't like mushrooms so they allowed me to get double misir wot, which was nice.

Everything was pretty good except the Ater Kik, which I personally just did not like. They have veggie sambussas, which are similar to samosas but are filled with lentils instead of potatoes. It comes with a spicy sauce, which was good but did not pair well with the sambussas, I'd prefer a sweet and spicy sauce (like tamarin) instead.

The food was plentiful (I had leftovers) and the prices were very reasonable.
Staff was very nice, helpful, and knowledgeable re vegan ingredients.

No vegan desserts.

Located in a small strip mall on the SW corner of Thomas & 30th St.

Pros: reasonable prices

Cons: no vegan desserts

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gojo Ethiopian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.