Gohe

• ( 1 review )

595 Notre Dame Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3B 1S6

Serves meat, vegan options available. Neighbourhood restaurant offering Ethiopian food. Staff will help you choose from the variety of vegan dishes. Or get the veggie platter which combines around 10 of the vegan dishes. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am. Closed Mon.

Categories: Take-out, Gluten-free, African, Ethiopian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Katharine S

Katharine S

Points +190

19 Aug 2020

Great veggie platter

I stopped at this place while in the area as part of my quest to eat my way through all of Winnipeg's vegan Ethiopian offerings (there are a few), and I was not disappointed. The veggie platter, which I had served over rice instead of injera (to make it gluten-free) was large and delicious. I noticed it was definitely higher in spice content than other Ethiopian food I've had recently (compared to, for example, the veggie platter at Kokeb). So if spice is your thing, Gohe's your go-to! The various lentil and vegetable dishes were beautifully prepared and presented on the platter. The staff were sweet and friendly, and happy to address any ingredient questions. I recommend this place - give it a try for a late lunch, and I think you'll be happy you did. (The neighborhood might not be as safe/ appealing after dark, though - just a caveat; but anyone who knows Winnipeg will already know that.)

Pros: Tasty vegan options, Friendly staff, Cheap!!

Cons: The neighbourhood

Return to Winnipeg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gohe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.