Go Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 404-481-5923

2179 Lawrenceville Hwy Ste H, Decatur, Georgia, USA, 30033

On the menu are veggie burgers, veggie sausage and chicken strips, sandwiches, faux salmon cakes, salad, shakes. The proteins are all vegan. Dairy cheese is used but could ask for vegan cheese and vegan mayo. Brunch menu on Saturday and Sunday feature dishes like French toast, waffles and chickn, gravy, and tofu scramble. Serves breakfast 9-2pm, lunch and dinner 11am-9pm. Located behind the BB&T Bank, since Sept 2014. Get 10% off discount when you post a dine-in food photo to HappyCow. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out

First Review by calamaestra

I eat there a lot - Edit

Best vegan fried chicken in the world. Seriously better than the real thing. Also notable: Sausages, omelettes, vegan bacon cheeseburger, desserts. Service can be weird sometimes but in any other less-friendly neighborhood you'd be so grateful for the food you wouldn't notice it. Check this place out, best vegan American food I have had in a while.

Pros: Food, Low-Key, 10% off for posting on social media

Cons: Service can be strange, That's it though, Everybody likes this place

These folks aim to please! - Edit

Had a really heart warming experience at Go Vegetarian. The Executive Chef David and my waiter Brandon went above and beyond to get my business. They got me a wifi signal so I could conduct my business over lunch. Had a great lunch with my dear friend and all is well in my world. That's love!

Pros: All Veg

First Time Experience - Edit

This was our first time at Go Vegetarian. I would have given the rating more stars, but our wait was incredibly long due to our order getting messed up. As a result, people who came much later than we did got their food before us. One of the owners came to the table to apologize and said that she could possibly offer us a free dessert. We took her up on the offer. For starters, we ordered the zucchini fries which were amazing. My husband ordered the garden omelette with vegan sausage and a side of vegan bacon. I actually enjoyed the omelette more than he did only because that eggy taste wasn't apparent nor strong. I wasn't the biggest fan of the bacon because it had a sweet, maple taste to me. I ordered the vegan chicken strips and fries. Since this was my first time here, I can't say if this is how the chicken normally tastes, but they seemed a bit over cooked and lacked flavor. The free dessert we got was a cheesecake, which was bland and also lacked flavor to me. Overall, we had an okay experience and will visit again due to their broad menu. I would recommend this restaurant. They have so many options to choose from that will appease both vegans and vegetarians.

3 hours of driving: TOTALLY worth it! - Edit

My husband and I just at Go Vegetarian last weekend! It was our second visit, and everything was just as good this time as it was last time. I got the Fried Chicken Strips and Onion Rings and had enough food for three meals. While the prices seem a little steep, the quality and quantity are MORE than worth it. The servers are friendly and fast, and all the tables have fresh flowers or plants on them. I LOVE this restaurant. It is about three hours from my home, and I would happily drive those three hours just for this restaurant.

Pros: EXCELLENT food, Traditional comfort food made vegetarian or vegan,, The staff is wonderful. Friendly, but not invasiv

Cons: It's not closer to me. :)

Wonderful! - Edit

If you are looking for vegan versions of your favorite junk food, this is the place! We got fried pickles to split, I had a "chicken sandwich" and my husband got rib tips with a side of breakfast biscuit (because why not? haha). Everything was delicious. Our server was really kind and knowledgable as well.

Pros: good food, good service, easy parking

vegan comfort foods! - Edit

Cute little restaurant with a huge vegetarian menu. And most menu items are vegan. Vegan meals included things like bbq sandwiches, nuggets, and tacos. Everything was tasty and the service was great. They were sold out out of vegan pie and cookies when I went, so I'll have to return to try those! Worth a visit for sure.

Pros: lots of vegan options , affordable

Great Vegan Spot! - Edit

It took me a long time to visit this place because I'm vegan, not vegetarian. I quickly discovered this really is a vegan spot with a couple of vegetarian add-ons available. It's excellent! I enjoyed the chicken and waffles, vegan omelet and oatmeal raisin cookies. I'll be visiting again soon!

good food bad service - Edit

Love the food but a 10% charge on takeout? What restaurant does this it seems greedy. As a customer I hate being fleeced for extra money because I don't feel like having table service. I have been coming to this restaurant since the beginning and loved it but now I go in rarely. So sad I always want to support vegan restaurants but not with owners who are focused on there bottom line rather then there customers.

Pros: great food

Cons: 10% charge on takeout orders, unfriendly servers

O so Yummm! - Edit

Great Place! People were very nice, menu had plenty of options its a good place to take someone to introduce them to vegan/veg food food that is easy to relate to. I had the faux chicken and gravy and fried mushrooms for an app. Keep it up!

Pros: Clean, fast, tasty

Cons: A little hard to find at first

Best Vegan Fast Food in Atl - Edit

Everything I've tried from this place is amazing. The service is great. The food is great. The location and decor isn't the best, but one can easily forgive that after taking a bite of anything on the menu. The prices aren't bad either. My only complaint is that they offer real cheese and mayo on certain things, so you have to make sure and specify that you want the vegan version. Those are the only non vegan items though. They're so close to being vegan, they should just go for it, all the way baby.

Pros: The food rocks my face., Everyone is friendly.

Cons: Location is meh., Almost vegan, but not quite. :P

Friendly Vegan Restaurant! - Edit

I'm just going to start by saying every vegan restaurant I have eaten at in Georgia needs to have one of those TV crews come and teach them how to run a restaurant. They all have good food, but need help in execution-service time, and here, fryer oil temps, too.
We ate at Go Vegetarian twice today-at lunch when the restaurant was set up at Veg Fest and again for dinner at the restaurant. We had the vegan pulled pork BBQ sandwich for lunch. It was a generous sized bun with a nice portion of coleslaw and BBQ seitan-tasty and filling. For dinner I had the BBQ riblets with zucchini fries. Again, nice portion sizes of both and both were WONDERFUL. My husband had the vegan fish tacos with onion rings. He loved his as well, and I had a sample, too, and agree, his was wonderful, too. We feel, however, that the oil is not high temperature enough and as a result the fries and onion rings soaked up a lot of oil so they were greasier than needed to be and it was too much oil for us. A friend ordered the sampler and they were out of one of the samples, so they gave him extra of one of the other items. Unfortunately the vegan wings were basically just soaked in Franks Hot sauce so it was too hot for him and he let us try one, while I enjoy hot, eating Franks hot sauce on seitan was not tasty.
My only real complaint was with the time. I called earlier in the week and asked if they would be able to handle a group of eight to ten after Veg Fest ends on Saturday and was told that would not be a problem, and then AT Veg Fest told the manager of the restaurant that we would be there for dinner. Yet when we arrived, our friends who had ordered thirty minutes before we arrived had not yet received their food, and ours took at least as long. In fact since we had a three hour drive home, several of us ended up getting a to go box and just taking it with us. But our food was so wonderful and the portion sizes were very nice, I know we will end up going back. The server was very apologetic which is more than we got from the poor service at other vegan restaurants in the Southeast. I would highly recommend this place, maybe just call your order in first.

Pros: Very tasty, Good Portion sizes/good value, Friendly staff

Cons: oil temp-fried food soaked too much oil , quiet restaurant overwhelmed by 4 tables

perfect. - Edit

This is a great place. They have so many options! I got the portobella burger with regular cheeseburger toppings (I'm a bit picky) and it came out so wonderfully juicy and flavorful. I had a new waitress, and she handled my pickiness and newness like a champ. She was very attentive, and seemed genuinely concerned that I was happy with my food. I would love to return. And their fries were delicious.

Pros: lots of options for vegetarians, vegans, gluten fr

one of my favorite places - Edit

Almost everything can be made vegan and it's all soul food. vegetarian for the rest! I can't say anything bad about the place. the owner is super nice!!! It not too expensive and all the food is made in house not purchased. try the pulled pork Tempe sandwich

Pros: everything can be made vegan, and it's outstanding

Cons: Nothing. just get over here

Great food!!! - Edit

Great food!! I'm vegan and got a spicy black bean burger (with vegan cheese and mayo) with onion rings and zucchini!! The people working were very nice and friendly. I wish I lived close by to come all the time. If I'm ever in the area I will so come back!!

Pros: Nice and friendly servers , Great Food!!, Very Vegan friendly

Avoid at All Costs - Edit

My friends and I were drawn to Go Vegetarian to try the vegan gelato being featured there, but we will not be going back. The staff had no idea what they were doing, the owner was crass enough to reprimand staff in front of us (I am a manager at my job, and I was appalled that he would do that), and the service was exceptionally slow. They were clearly overwhelmed. This might have been okay had the food been good, but it was simply awful. The onion rings were literally dripping oil (and I eat at Wendy's, so I'm used to oily fries) and were inedible, and I couldn't take more than one bite of the fish sandwich. The only saving grace was the strawberry shake, which was fine. Not great, but okay. One of my friends thought her food was fine, but the other couldn't eat hers, either. We ended up leaving. [edit by staff]

Cons: Inedible Food, Understaffed, Rude Owner

Contributions +394

Must Try! - Edit

This place was great!!! There so many delicious options available. The food is made fresh right there and the hand cut fries were so good. The portions are huge and the prices are super cheap. The staff was also super friendly and helpful. All items can be made vegan. Will definitely be back again!

Pros: cheap, friendly staff, great tasting food

Finally! Vegan Fast Food Comes to ATL! - Edit

We've dined in vegan fast food restaurants around the world and this one rivals the best of them! The Black Bean Burger and Chicken Sandwich were delicious, and the fries were soft without being too soggy. All of the burgers can be made vegan with vegan cheese and mayo. The price was great compared to what you normally pay for vegan fare. The staff were all very friendly and the service was quick. We are probably more excited than we should be to have this nearby. Please eat here often so we can keep it in the neighborhood!

Pros: inexpensive, vegan, great burger

Solid Veg Burger - Edit

I ordered the spicy black bean burger to go. It tasted excellent and was actually spicy! The staff was friendly. I was a little disappointed that there was not a side dish included for a nearly $9 burger after taxes. Nonetheless, solid veg option for the area. The shopping center in which it is located is old and run down but try not to let that scare you away.

Return to Decatur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Go Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.