Go Raw Cafe - Windmill Lane

Contact 702-450-9007

2381 E Windmill Ln Unit 18, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89123

Las Vegas vegan cafe. In addition to a raw food menu, the cafe also offers a salad bar by weight, hot vegan soups, stir-frys (cooked). There is a retails area with health books and natural products for sale. Location is in a large shopping plaza, east of Las Vegas strip, take I-15 to 215. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by archure

good & healthy - Edit

On our first day in Las Vegas we went for lunch at Go Raw. We had the raw burgers with salad on the side and the avocado 'fries'. They were very tasty. Unfortunately the waitress wasn't especially friendly to us, therefor we cannot five a 5 star rating, sorry!

Excellent food, great place, best raw vegan food in Las Vegas - Edit

Excellent fresh raw vegan food. They have a very nice salad bar, great desserts, packaged foods, and books. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere,

Pros: Delicious fresh raw vegan food, Nice atmosphere, Delicious desserts, and juices.

Henderson staple - Edit

Coming here for years. Lived in this area for over 17 years. Go rock café has been a staple for vegans and vegetarians. Not totally big fan of raw, but they do good stuff! love just salads.

Pros: always consistent.

Cons: changed the menu occasionally.

Unique raw meals - Edit

Pricey. which is to be expected from a raw food joint I suppose. The food was good and everyone who works there was extremely friendly and helpful!

Pros: completely raw , unique

Cons: price

Go RAW CAFE VEGAS - Edit

Just couldn't believe it! I ordered the portobello mushroom wrap thinking by the title of the entree I'd have nore than just one sliver of mushroom literally 1 small sliver on each half. The prices are on the high side in my opinion. More expensive than studio city ca. The employee got the owner for me. A thin older man who was disgusted with me that I brought my "where's the shrooms" to his attention. He reluctantly gave me 2 more slivers and asked me, trying to insult me by my size 6 curves and not being rail thin, to go elsewhere next time,after asking me how long I've veen vegan....I'll gladly keep my 9 bucks.

Pros: Was Tasty

Cons: Expensive, Lacked Main Ingredients, Custoner Service

One of my favorite places - Edit

I love this place. My only regret is I can't go more often. I feel so wonderful after eating here and the raw cheesecake is my favorite food on the planet. I also love that they are completely veg.

Go Raw or Go Home! - Edit

Go Raw is a great restaurant with a totally raw and vegan menu. This place has a wide variety of raw wraps, salads, breads, enchiladas, pasta, smoothies, juice shots, packaged foods, books, and nutritional supplements.

I tried the enchiladas that came with guacamole and sweet potato "rice" with raw tortillas, hummus on bread, a PB& J on sweet bread and also had the superfood smoothie. The superfood smoothie had cocoa, goji and other great stuff. Delicious and nutritious!

Try this place!

Pros: Delicious, Nutritious

Deliciously Pure Food - Edit

I am a frequent visitor to this cafe and have never had an item on the menu that wasn't amazing! If you have a cleansed palate you will really enjoy the awesomely creative raw dishes they serve. Some of my favorites are the Love juice, mexican pizza, the house salad, and the vegi cotti. The food may seem a little pricey but it is about right considering they use raw, organic ingredients and I always leave with left overs.

I have to say I do like the East location a little better (but its too far from my house). They have a more cafe like atmosphere with art, good music, etc. I usually find myself lingering there while the W side doesn't even have wifi so I usually just take my food to go.

Pros: Great Food!

Cons: Atmosphere could be better

Pretty dang good - Edit

I absolutely LOVED the veggie-cotti that I got there. The juice was amazing too! Not a fan of the salmon cake, but some people might like it. They have a huge menu--tons to choose from!

Pros: Good food, Great juice, Large selection

Cons: Salmon cake not good

An Oasis in the Desert - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and came here for dinner on a past trip to Las Vegas. Here's my Go Raw Cafe review.

Inside you will find a large salad bar with good selections of raw food as well as a few cooked vegan dishes. Everything I ate here was very delicious and the desserts were good, too.

The store also sells health and food related books and health products.

It's a few miles from the strip (eastward). Worth the drive. Try it!

Pros: healthy, yummy food, good find

i. want.everything. - Edit

Honestly, once you look at the menu, it will be one of the hardest decisions in your life. Everything sounds/looks fantastic. Unfortunately, I cannot eat every meal here because it's so expensive. If you can, try everything!

Pros: Atmosphere, Service, Salad Bar

Cons: Price

Good food - Edit

I love the Pizza the most. The tap water they give you is gross though (warm and tastes wierd) so get bottled water. The recipes are so ingenious. The burger and fries is realy good too. Downside is they use a lot of oil, the pizza has over 50 grams of fat in it, which is a LOT. I wish someone would open a low fat vegan restaurant in Vegas!

Pros: Delish recipes, relatively quick service, nice atmosphere

Cons: very high fat dishes, gross water, on the expensive side

Go Raw Cafe is Awesome! - Edit

I just returned from Las Vegas. I was so happy to find Go Raw Cafe there and even happier that they delivered to my hotel on the strip. They have awesome raw, vegan selections. We really enjoyed the Purple Burrito, the Traditional Pizza, the House Salad (huge portion!) and the smoothies (we had the Berry Good and Tropical). The staff I talked to (Leslie and Rod) were very helpful, friendly and thorough. And delivery was relatively fast.

I highly recommend Go Raw Cafe in Vegas.

Pros: Great food, Huge selection, Delivery

Three Separate Visits, Three Utter Disappointments - Edit

My friend and I have been to countless vegan and raw restaurants all over the country, and we have never been to one this AWFUL!

In comparison to other raw-only restaurants, the food was terribly bland, and the selection was somewhat limited.

Furthermore, the staff was downright MEAN, and it seemed that everyone there had some sort of superiority complex. Each time we visited, we were left searching for service, and even then, nobody would help us.

Please note that I am not easily persuaded to write a negative review, as I am not an easily offended person. I always try to embrace the culture of each restaurant I visit, but this place left me discouraged and hungry!

Blech! - Edit

I am honestly flabbergasted that I seem to be the only one posting a negative review. My husband and I ordered several items from the menu (2 appetizers, 2 entrees and a dessert), and I didn't enjoy any of it. The texture of the "toast" was unappealing and it tasted too bland. I ordered a pasta entree that was way too cold, which is funny because the water they gave us was way too warm. Being first-time visitors, the seating and ordering situation was confusing for us. There was no sign posted saying whether to wait to be seated/seat yourself/etc, so we sat down thinking we'd be waited on. After a few minutes with no service, we wandered to the back area and saw the ordering counter that is hidden from the doorway.
It was a confusing, unappealing mess.

Pros: healthy cuisine, quiet

Cons: tight space, unappealing food

2 Responses

Only cooked items are some brown rice & veg - Edit

So, I was hoping the cooked items they advertised would be filling, but it turned out to only be some brown rice and veggies in a salad bar... No worries, the place is great and we did the raw mexican pizza and purple burrito. They were fun and filling, but I'm always a little overpowered by raw.

Healthy! - Edit

The have an excellent selection of healthy and well presented dishes. This is a good place to go if your energy is running low and you want a colorful pick-me-up or if you just want something different.

Pros: Healthy cuisine, Good variety

Amazing Live Food - Edit

Love there pizza and Perfect Pasta. Taste just like cooked goodies, only with more flavor. Just turned Raw recently. And it the best place to go in Vegas.

Pros: Healthy, Fresh, Yummy

Cons: Expensive, small

Go to GO RAW - Edit

This rawsturant is one of the BEST places in Las Vegas for a healthy raw veg meal and has an ample healthy book selection and other useful merchandise.

Even St Germain would be proud of their rockin' Purple Burrito!

Pros: organic, raw, tasty

Cons: a bit pricey

Outstanding - Edit

If you want raw food, this is the place to come - for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack. Great food, plenty of choice, good service, mountain of books to read and buy, superb range of raw products and supplements - everything you could want from a raw foodery. I've been eating here for five years and it's practically the only place I eat in Vegas.

Pros: variety, quality, healthy

AWESOME! - Edit

This place is killer....SUCH good food. I had the mediterranean wrap with tabouli and a slice of cacao cheesecake. HEAVEN. Portions are measly, and presentation needs work. Their store and library of books offer choices not found in most places.

Pros: organic, raw,vegan, large menu

Cons: prices, ambiance lacking

Awesome Raw Food!!! - Edit

I tried raw food in Seattle once and never really gave it a chance since then. When I was in Vegas my friend convinced me to try it again, as he assured me of how incredible this restaurant is. I learned to trust my friend from that day forth! This restaurant is soooo amazing! You have to try their juices as well; they're impressive!

Pros: Excellent Vegan Options

great place - Edit

I really enjoyed this place. It is nice to find a good clean tasty and friendly vegan place in a not so friendly to the vegetarian town. The staff was very helpful and nice and answered any questions we had. I took my fiance here ( not a vegetarian) and he loved it also. I go here about once a week and recomend the purple burrito, flax chips, living bread and mexi-cali pizza. All good choices. This place is a little pricey but very much worth the money.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Vitamins and Books, Many choices

Cons: Pricey, Closed Sundays

a desert oasis! - Edit

While on our recent trip to Las Vegas, my boy and i (who've been eating about 85% raw lately) decided to head over to the Go Raw Cafe. We took two friends who have never eaten raw and they really enjoyed it, enough to start asking a bunch of questions!

I had the Traditional Pizza, which was delicious. The prices are a little high for some. I think it's worth it as the portions are generous and I'm one of those willing to pay more for great food. I fyou get an entree you should definitely count on spending about $10-15. My boyfriend had the Cheeseburger and really liked it.

This cafe also had a great book collection for sale..and some raw food necessities to buy.

Overall, I would recommend and I'll go again next time I'm in Las Vegas.

Pros: Excellent&Healthy Food, Mellow Atomsphere, Generous Portions

Great for those without incisors! :D - Edit

This was my first experience with raw food, and though I don't plan on throwing out my stove any time soon I would definitely eat here again! My guest and I shared the meatloaf and some sort of fish themed... item. The flavor of everything we ordered was good and the vanillabana smoothie was DELICIOUS! The presentation, however, left something to be desired. Both our entrees vaguely resembled cow patties... though I've been told by a regular that other dishes on the menu do not (thank goodness.) I look forward to trying these other goodies and another smoothie soon.

Pros: promotes regularity.

Cons: promotes regularity!

my Vegas favorite!! - Edit

During one of my trips I visited Go Raw for the first time and I was hooked. I don't normally eat raw (though I know I should). I often tell myself being vegan is enough of a diet restriction. This food is amazing though. Not "amazing considering its raw and vegan" but really just amazing food. It is a bit expensive, but still reasonable when your food is made from high quality organic ingredients it does usually cost them more to make it as well. I went with a few omnivorous friends and though they were skeptical at first they really enjoyed their food as well and wanted to go back. When I first found this place it ended up being the only place I ate for the whole 10 days I was in Vegas. I tried a lot of different things on the menu and liked everything! I felt great and my taste buds were very happy! Oh and you must try the "cheese"cake it is just ridiculously good, it should be illegal =)

Pros: ridiculously good food, very friendly staff, extremely healthy

Cons: bit pricey

Great Place! - Edit

I love that with all Las Vegas usually is.......I can still find a raw food place to eat healthy! The times-they are a changin'! :) Wonderful salad bar, and the "cooked" lasagna! Yum! Nice atmosphere, and warm, friendly service.

Pros: Healthy food in Vegas!, Available!, Nice staff

Books & Raw Vegan Foods = $$$$$$$$$$$$$ - Edit

Very EXPENSIVE, for a little teeny bit, of good vegan raw food. Beware, some smoothies contain HONEY (animal stuff, wanna get stung?). I had a Carob Banana beverage, YUM YUM. NICE BOOK SELECTIONS (its a bookstore too, reasonable price). Deserts are out of this world, YUM. Far from the Las Vegas Strip. Every other guest trys to sell you on Colon Cleansing with their biz card.

Pros: Vegan Salad Bar, Vegan Books, Deserts

Cons: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Go Raw Cafe - Windmill Lane closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 10426 times since Aug 2007.