Gnostic Mana Cafe

02-43441444

The Boulevard, Woy Woy (at Chambers Pl), Central Coast, New South Wales

Serves meat, vegan options available. Choices for vegans including breakfast dishes, breaky roll, cajun burger, nachos, crispy tofu salad, plus a couple of sweets. Part of a co-operative of shops in the street called Gnostic Corner which also includes a healing center, organic shop, yoga center, hemporium and others. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Western, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by Chicken little

Surprisingly pleasant - Edit

The Gnostic Corner complex in Woy Woy is, to put it mildly, not for me. Since it includes "the largest New Age store on the Central Coast", a naturopathic "healing centre", a Yoga centre, and an organic grocer... well, you can see how this atheist skeptic who thinks organic is mostly dumb might be a bit out of place.

(To be fair, they also have a florist. I have no problem with flowers. Flowers are great.)

So it was to my genuine surprise that Gnostic Mana Cafe is sort of wonderful and really very accommodating to me. The interior is filled with warm hues in orange and purples. Yes, there are art pieces of mandalas on the wall but they're honestly just scenery. It all feels very standard in a great way — just an honest, welcoming medium-sized café. Furnishings were good — lots of couches and different seating options, even if the bench seat I sat on was a touch too firm.

And to top it all off, from a dining perspective everything is on point! I had a pumpkin risotto which was tasty enough (needed more pepper, though), and a soy latté which was very good. Prices were reasonable for the food provided.

For vegans there are a wide range of available options, although when it came to desserts I could only spot two options. (Chocolate, or carrot cake?) But the vegan options are mostly visually unique and do not use mock meats— passing my 'minimise meaty mistakes' test handily. I do quibble that from what I could see, non-dairy coffees are served in the same cups/glasses as dairy coffees; changing this would minimise potential mistakes there.

Overall, it's a lovely experience! While not transcendent it well passes into the 'good' camp and I can recommend it. Go to the Gnostic Mana Cafe.

Updated from previous review on 2017-06-17

Pros: Good vegan selection, Pleasant atmosphere with good seating, Tasty coffee

Cons: Open wide layouts mean noise carries a bit, Seats a titch firm

Great coffee, friendly staff, delicious food! - Edit

There aren't many vegan options for eating out on the Central Coast but Gnostic Mana offers a trendy, relaxed environment with multiple vegan dishes on the menu. I'm a regular at Gnostic & have enjoyed all the vegan options - all delicious! Very generous serving sizes & lovely friendly staff.

Return to Central Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gnostic Mana Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.