CLOSED: Gluten Free Specialty Market

• Health Store Health Store

Contact 916-442-5241

2612 J St (at 26th St), Sacramento, California, USA, 95816

Completely gluten free food market. Most items are vegetarian and/or vegan, and the owner is knowledgeable about diet restrictions. Will order specialty items. A neighborhood type market. OCT/NOV 2016 TEMPORARILY CLOSED - LET HAPPYCOW KNOW WHEN IT RE-OPENS!

First Review by larryabailey

so I'm not Gluten free.... - Edit

BUT don't let that stop you from giving this hidden gem a try
I walked in searching for a Kombucha and I felt like I walked into Oz! The selections of Gluten free foods blew my mind, the customer service was amazing, the Woman behind the counter was very helpful and truly interested in my eating habits, because of them I have cut Gluten 50% and I sure do feel a difference. I happily stop here @ least once a week for my household shopping.

Pros: Friendly Helpful staff, everything GF you could think of, Honest and caring people

Sacramento's Gem - Edit

This is a great little vegetarian "Corner Market", except it is not on a corner. The staff in friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable about the produces they handle as well as healthy foods in general. When we are having guests for diner, we will stop for fresh French Loafs of bread and frozen desserts that are to die for. If you didn't tell your guest that the bread and desserts were gluten/wheat free, they would never know. Although my partner is not wheat intolerant, he loves to shop there for cookies and breakfast cereals, especially the "Sunrise" Maple. On day when I asked why he likes that cereal over other healthy cereals he looked at me sort of funny and said "well duh, it taste better". Gluten free stores are a rarity wherever you go; but the Gluten Free Specialty Market in Sacramento is jewel in itself.

Pros: Knowledgeable Staff , Great Selection, Friendly

Vegetarian

Contributions +151

Gluten Free Is Good For Me - Edit

Now this is a neat little store. It has all the nuance of a corner market, and all the meat-free supplies a picky shopper like me loves. When i first enter this establishment, i felt like a kid in a candy store. There were so many Vegan options, i had to look twice just to believe my eyes; products that one would otherwise have to order on-line to get, such as: vegan lip balm, vegan jell-o, vegan cookies and candy. The name "Gluten Free" is by no means a coincidence either. Every item i saw had a gluten free stamp on it somewhere, and every list of ingredients that i read was organic this and organic that. Its a tiny store, but they sure pack a lot of great stuff inside.
Be aware of your rout to this store. It is located on J street (a one way street). If your approaching from east Sacramento, you will want to head west down L street and cross at 26 street (note that your exiting of the freeway will also put you east of your location as well).

Use the Picture I provided to help you spot the store. The big black sign may be a dead giveaway, but you don't want to miss it and end up going in circles down a one way streets.

Return to Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Gluten Free Specialty Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1230 times since May 2010.