Global Vegetarian - Ormond

• Vegetarian
Contact 03-95789566

499 North Rd, Ormond, Victoria, VIC 3204

Busy place, a short walk from Ormond Railway Station; has another outlet in Kew. Menu offers an variety of international vegetarian cuisine. Counter service with cafeteria style seating.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, International, Take-out, Asian

First Review by Aloo

good local stop - Edit

Ok so staff are lovely and SUPER accommodating. You can ask for no oil, low oil, no garlic onions etc. They're lovely!
The juices are great, freshly made and delicious. And the cakes and desserts looked appealing.
But my main was a bit of a disappointment. Vermicelli noodles with black bean sauce. It had great potential haha! Lots of yum veggies, nice noodles. But it was drowning in sauce! And I love black bean sauce but it was too much even for me :(
But I will come back and give it another try :)

Pros: cheap!, nice shop, lovely staff

Worth a look - Edit

1st visit: Very impressed with the food, the service and the prices. The staff member who served us was very friendly and clearly knowledgeable about the Vegan options, easily setting our minds at ease. The tom yum soup, the lentil & vegetable soup, the samosa and the roti with curry sauce were all very good. Looking forward to trying a great deal more of the menu very soon.

2nd visit: Not as impressed, the Laksa was quite bland as was the Nutty rice. Both dishes do contain a lot of vegetables though, which is a welcome change from other similar restaurants. Would suggest asking them to spice most dishes up when ordering.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 03, 2015

Pros: Service inc Vegan knowledge, Value, large servings, Soup!

My New Favourite Restaurant - Edit

My partner and I arrived 15 minutes before closing time and we were greeted with a smile and A-Class service. We placed our order and it was a shock to realise how cheap our order was. We bought 2 mains and a vegan miso udon which we thought would be small but was also a main. For side dishes we ordered wantons, spring rolls and a were delighted with a FREE serving of fried dumplings.
Everything has been delicious and prepared with lots of thought and care.
I will be recommending Global Vegetarian to my friends. #happyfatvegan

Pros: Majority of the menu is vegan., After 5pm kids under 10 years old can eat for free, Literally a 1 minute walk from Ormond train statio

Cons: When driving to GV the resturant is situated close

Global goodness - Edit

A sizable menu with a wide range of great value Vegan options. If you're on a budget, you can fill up with very little cash.

Standouts include the large bowls of soups for under $6, the best samosa in Melbourne and the roti with curry sauce.

Global veg - Edit

Awesome food, large servings, complete vego so no worries about animal foods intruding. And their deserts are homemade and great too. They are a bit slow on the service side but take that into account before you go and the staff are very friendly. The tofu bars are fried perfectly. Good cheap vegetarian all rounder.

Pros: Great value, No animals products used, Large portions

Cons: Noisy, Slow to get food

very cheap and yummy-lunch specials - Edit

I've eaten here quite a lot :) my partner worked a across the road and i would order dinner and wait for him. Loved loved the goyza/dumplings and the polenta chips are pretty amazing.
I liked the mix of using mock meats in some dishes and tofu in others, just in case your freaked out by mock meats. They have lunch and dinner box specials, eat in or take away. It's right near Ormond train station and the sticky date pudding is TO DIE FOR!

Pros: cheap, delicious, very friendly staff

Cons: suburbia, only open for lunch and dinner

Good wholesome fare - Edit

Very happy when we arrived to see many GF and Vegan options.
The Polenta chips where definately the highlight and everyone enjoyed the Nasi Goreng also. The Polenta in Tomato and Bean stew was very nice. The curry dish was a bit bland. Overall, our feelings where very positive with huge servings of wholesome,nutritious food served by friendly people who really kwn what Gluten Free and Vegan mean.

Pros: Huge Servings, Good Value

Cons: Atmosphere

Excellent Variety on the menu - Edit

Whatever you feel like, when you go there, there's something on the menu to suit- Italian, Mexican, Indian, small, sweet, soup, noodles.. It's good value for money, & always fresh food. Cafe style seating, go up and order at the counter and expect a bit of a wait if it's busy- which it usually is.

Pros: Wholesome good food, Staff helpful

Cons: can get noisy

Return to Ormond Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Global Vegetarian - Ormond closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1731 times since Aug 2007.