Gioia Plant-Based Cuisine

Calle Velazquez 1 (at Between Hotel Guadalpin and Banca March), Marbella, Spain

Opened early June 2016. A fully plant-based (vegan) cafe & restaurant serving mainly organic and gluten-free dishes. Offers many raw food dishes, sweet treats and fresh juices/smoothies. Open Mon-Thu 1:00pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 1:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Italian, Organic, Raw, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by kuteer

All vegan food is plant-based - Edit

One of the best places in Andalucia, which you can count on one hand unfortunately.

Could be certified organic, at least the juices and smoothies.

I also lack 100% arabica coffee, preferably organic.

Great food! - Edit

I brought my non-veg grandparents and sister here and they all really loved the food, and so did I! It was all really lovely and tasty. My sister and I had the raw sushi which was delicious although my gradfather didnt like it. Thankfully the gazpacho which he ordered was more to his liking. And my grandma had the avocado which was also really nice. For mains we had kelp noodles, pesto pasta, bean burger and raw canneloni, all very tasty! Desserts were great too, especially the key lime pie which was not on the regular menu. All in all we had a great experience eating here and would definitely come again.

AMAZING! - Edit

Italian cuisine VEGAN!

The stuffed avocado and the raw lasagna, I have no words, it was really really good.

Pros: great flavor

Cons: small portion

best vegan experience in Spain - Edit

The food was so gd , I've tried the ravioli/ burger/risotto/spaghetti and all was so delicious.
The owner cooks the food by himself, so there is a lot of love in it.
And the desserts are amazing as well

Brilliant - Edit

Brilliant tasting food, great desserts too!

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-08

Pros: Great food, Great service

Sublime! - Edit

Fantastic food for health.

Happy Eating in Marbella - Edit

Visiting with family in August 2016, we were lucky enough to eat in this fantastic restaurant.
As a family we are careful where and what we eat, invariably whilst travelling this means I cook almost all the meals.
We ate a fantastic, tasty and inspired meal one evening here and if it was local, we would make it a regular choice.
We have three children, aged 14 to 9 who have reasonable pallets and whilst I like strong flavours, my wife does not.
The restaurant, run by an utterly engaging and attentive husband and wife duo, made certain to understand the choices we made for our level of Veggie/Vegan and tailored their menu and cooking to suit us.
We chose 6 starers and 5 main courses as share dishes, and we went back for two more of each.
Fresh, some raw, some cooked, I was taken back to my days of fine dining before I was Vegetarian, and was so happy to be able to enjoy a family meal out whilst on Holiday.
The children are still talking about the meal here, and I look forward to going back on our next trip. If you find yourself on the Costa del Sol, make a special trip here, it is worth it.

Pros: Fine dining, Engaging owners/staff, Menu adaptions

Cons: Too far from London!

I can't believe this place - Edit

Finally ate at this magnificent little place last night. Plant based food served up to probably the highest standard this side of Spain. Carlo the chef takes his food very seriously, proudly displaying his Advanced Raw Cooking certificates on the wall. The small but cozy venue's minimalist decor are clearly designed to focus your senses on the food and nothing else. Every dish a work of art for the eye and for the palette. All freshly made, all organic. Can't praise this place enough. 10/10. Located right next to Guadalpin Hotel on the Golden Mile in Marbella

Pros: Amazing Service, Amazing Food, Amazing Desserts

Cons: You'll regret not eating here, You'll wish you had a place like this at home, Carlo will not move in with you to cook for you

The most delicious raw food I've ever tried!!! - Edit

Very nice place with amazing delicious food! It's one of the best raw food places I've ever tried in all over the world!

Pros: taste, service , price

Great food especially for a gluten free diet - Edit

The food is amazing and made with love! Almost everything is gluten free and taste delicious!

Pros: Excellent food, Glutenfree, Friendly staff

amazing - Edit

Great food. Nice service!

Amazing! - Edit

So glad to have this new vegan little restaurant here in Marbella! Food is absolutely delicious with a big raw and/or glutenfree choice. Service is friendly and the owner very nice.
Definitely recommendable!

Delicious and worth every penny - Edit

All home made plant based food. No milk and all the selection is available gluten free. The best baba ganoush I had in my whole life and pasta with delicious Sicilian pesto. As the food is home made and plant based it has its price but is worth every penny and your body will thank you.

Fantastic restaurant! - Edit

Everything from sushi to burgers and brownies! Everything vegan! I'm in heaven!!

Pros: burger, pasta, sushi

Cons: Nothing

My 2nd favourite vegan restaurant ever! - Edit

So impressed, the food was delicious and well presented. A bit on the pricey side, but to be expected in Marbella.

We had the sushi, which was fantastic (filling was sort of hummus), pesto pasta and the burger.

The tirimasu was incredible, and the choc cookie delicious (but tiny).

The only thing I wouldnt get again is the juice - 6 euro for a small glass. Tasty but IMO overpriced.

Overall - great!!!

Pros: Tasty, Attention to detail, Pretty restaurant and good service

Cons: Expensive

What a nice place with delicious RAW and VEGAAN Food in Marbella! - Edit

We liked this place. There is nice vibe, hospitable and welcoming owners, fresh and tasty raw and vegan food, excellent desserts and great smoothies/juices here. We're so thankful for great time spent here!

Pros: Nice vibe and welcoming owners, Excelent desserts ans smoothies, Fresh and delicious raw food

I was soo happy while being on vacation in Spain to find this beautiful place. I ate very good food and had a good time with the people running the restaurant.
The food is fresh, clean, tasty and it arrives on the table in such colorful and elegants dishes.
All my best to Carlo and Patricia, hope to come soon again and get filled again from your food and your friendliness.

Pros: excellent food, lovely staff , beautiful place

Go to raw vegan spot in Ibiza - Edit

Absolute gem! So excited to find Gioia. The mock sushi is the best raw vegan sushi I have ever had, anywhere in the world. I don't know how they do it - delicious. The raw ravioli is mouth watering as well. Kuteers apple strudel is second to none. Definitely worth checking out.

Pros: Amazing food!!!, Very friendly owners/staff, good vibes

Return to Marbella Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gioia Plant-Based Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.